Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 12:57:23 PM EDT
No names will be given, so dont ask.

I did a small group buy on Tshirts with friends from my email address book. It was a tshirt I wanted and couldnt find, so I special ordered them. As you can see these shirts are election related and pretty much have an expiry date.

Anyway I started them on Sept. 13th.  Half of the group sent funds that day, most within the first week. Even one of my coworkers sent it in the mail as requested in the mass email the first week.  The ones that had their money in were shipped on the 27th, and received on the 29th.

Anywho one guy sent me a second email a week or two into it, "I dont have your address", everyone seemed to have it, but I resent the address anyway.  I want to get these things out of here and recoup my money from the others that arent mine.

Saturday I sent out one last email. "Wednesday if I dont have funds, your tshirts will be sold on EE".

Second email guy calls me yesterday whining. I had to work so much and have it in an envelope, blah blah, blah. Now I am not tryin to be a dickhead, but I was like WTF? Everyone else did their part as I did. I kept everyone updated every step. I sent a lot of emails on this thing.

I finally said Wednesday! Thats it. If the money isnt here, its gone.

I do know this guy, but this is business and I am kinda thinkin he has had plenty of time to get this thing done.

Help me out, what do you think???

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm sitting five feet from my wife--who has hers on.  She's a gimp from foot surgery last Thursday, but is making me drag her to Wal-mart just so she can be seen in it.  

Everything can be stripped from a man except his honor.  I'm sorry, but your "friend" didn't handle himself with honor.  In order to make sure you don't get stuck--sell it.  It will have more time to be put to good use.  My wife is very, very grateful for ours.  Ya done good, Bro.!  

Hope she gets well soon Mike!

You are carrying her around, right?????

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, even if you DO know the guy (And are on good terms with him) EVERYONE ELSE did their part and they have lives too.

I've run into the same thing with group buys on guns.  There's always SOMEONE who can't pony-up when it comes time.  I don't want to be a prick but, like you, I'M the one who's hung his $$$ out there in advance and my primary interest is in making sure that a project started as GROUP effort doesn't turn into a "Treadhead finances everyone else and gets compensated as they see fit......" fiasco.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I only didn't get one because I am in a position where I have to stay pretty apolitical.  They look great, BTW.  

As for the ? - I don't understand what could take so much time to write and mail off a check - you will have to use your judgement on that, I don't know the guy - but it sounds like BS to me.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
 If not, I'll give him a specific time frame before EE it.

IMO.

When I came home Saturday night/Sunday morning, I sent out the following email....

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 2:49 AM
Subject: Last call......

Ok, its Sunday now, the 3rd.

This deal has been going since the 13th of last month.

The lions share of you have paid for and received their shirts. I sent this to the Email group I had because its 0300 and I am drunk and too lazy to see who paid and who didnt.

All who paid have their shirts. Those who get this email and have no shirt havent paid.

I asked in a previous email to email me and say something, one way or the other. Nothing.

These shirts expire with the election. Bottom line, if I dont have funds by Wednesday, they will be going on ARFCOM EE.

Thanks to everyone.

m

I forgot I sent out an email before that that said....

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 12:06 PM
Subject: tshirts.....

As this project winds down I wanted to thank all of you who helped make it happen and hope you are happy with the product.

I had no clue the shitstorm I would be bringing on me when I wore one out in Seattle for the first time. I got a few for myself, and had every intention of wearing them constantly until the election. I was so horse after day one it will be a week until I wear another one.

Thanks again for your help.

There are 2 of you I have still not received payment from. I trust it is in the mail. These shirts will be worthless after the election. Drop me a note one way or the other please and let me know what is going on. If you have changed your mind, I know it will be no problem for me to dump the last couple in EE.

Thanks again,

m

I got no response.....

Out of the whole thing, I guess he kinda go to me on the phone yesterday, making me seem like the bad guy for trying to get closure on the whole deal. I dont want to be an asshole, but I also dont think since everyone else got their money in I am being too unreasonable.  The other guy never did respond at all.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
19-1, I think I have my answer. Thanks guys....

m
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Sell it to Me

sst7 (renton)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#13]
'tis 30-1 now.....

and I say sell it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck them. Sell it. They had their chance. I hate people who do shit like this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#15]

[ 32 ]  Fuck him sell em while u can....  [ 96.97% ]
[ 1 ]  Keep it and wait until he send you his money....  [ 3.03% ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Votes :: 33

At least 1 asshole in every bunch....

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
At least 1 asshole in every bunch....

2...must be the two guys who didnt pay for their shirts.....

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't read what the shirt says dammitt
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I can't read what the shirt says dammitt

10 out of 10 terrorists agree, Anybody but Bush...

W'04 symbol on the front...

Lieberals hate 'em, I love mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top