Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 1:29:16 PM EDT
After all of the wait,70 some odd days, my CCW permit has arrived.  Now, I am sure you all can suggest some good holster for  a 1911 A1 SA GI .45 model.  Valid in 22 states now I believe,  oh,  how much trouble is it to take a firearm on a trip?  I will be flying to Florida for 2week buisness trip next month and I dont want to leave home without it.  Thanks again for your help, and are Kahr PM9s any good for a mouse gun?  I have heard good and bad with it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
My favorites so far are my Galco SOB, & my Milt Sparks Summer special II inside the waist band.

Congrats.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like my Galco Summer Comfort leather IWB strongside.  Carries and conceals well even under just an untucked polo shirt.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Got any links for those???   Been a buisy month so far too, just glad this went thru, now if the bid I put in on this house works out, I will be happy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Best of the best:

Milt Sparks Versa-Max II

Do yourself a favor and order one in ALL horsehide from these wonderful folks: Lightning Arms
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Best of the best:

Milt Sparks Versa-Max II

Do yourself a favor and order one in ALL horsehide from these wonderful folks: Lightning Arms

Have you ever used a jackass rig?  are they confortable?  all of my pants have a inch or 2 of slack,  lots of thought into this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the Milt Sparks Versa-Max II, I got mine the other day and I love it.  Get horse hide!   Great holster!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Kahr PM9 is an excellent mousegun.  Just make sure you break it in.  Kahr recommends 200 (?) rounds of ball to break in, put 600 or more through it.  It is really tight NIB.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
HBE Leatherworks

Got a holster from Eric at the above link, it is outstanding and comfortable, mine is the COM3 design.

Good finish, high quality leather, great stitching, comfortable design.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Kahr PM9 is an excellent mousegun.  Just make sure you break it in.  Kahr recommends 200 (?) rounds of ball to break in, put 600 or more through it.  It is really tight NIB.

I was looking at them, some people its a KB gun, but I like the PM40 they have now.  dunno yet for the mouse gun I want.  Im checking into the holsters, thanks for the sites.  I feel it best to ask from people who carry, then waste money on some hype up bs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Best of the best:

Milt Sparks Versa-Max II

Have you ever used a jackass rig?  are they confortable?  all of my pants have a inch or 2 of slack,  lots of thought into this.

An inch or 2 of slack should be plenty for an IWB holster.  My pants aren't loose and I can fit one just fine.

I don't like the idea of a shoulder holster so I have never used one for concealed carry.  I had a crappy nylon shoulder holster several years ago that I used for walking around in the woods and I did not like it at all.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Best of the best:

Milt Sparks Versa-Max II

An inch or 2 of slack should be plenty for an IWB holster.  My pants aren't loose and I can fit one just fine.

I don't like the idea of a shoulder holster so I have never used one for concealed carry.  I had a crappy nylon shoulder holster several years ago that I used for walking around in the woods and I did not like it at all.

Im getting a free jackass rig from a friend kaliforcommia, so I was wondering how they felt.  where is the best place to put the IWB, im right handed.  front, back, side?  just trying to get info together, gotta break my conceled cherry after I pick up my permit tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Best of the best:

Milt Sparks Versa-Max II

Im getting a free jackass rig from a friend kaliforcommia, so I was wondering how they felt.  where is the best place to put the IWB, im right handed.  front, back, side?  just trying to get info together, gotta break my conceled cherry after I pick up my permit tomorrow.

Around 3:30 - 4:00 strong side (right side for you) is what is considered to be the best location for most shooters.  However, ultimately it is entirely up to you and what is the most comfortable FOR YOU.  Best thing is to spend awhile moving the holster around... sitting, kneeling, bending over... just doing normal everyday things to get an idea of how the holster will feel when you are out and about.

The best quote I have heard recently about concealed carry is that "Carrying a gun should be comforting, not comfortable".  Not sure who said it but it is dead on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you wear a wife beater or under shirt?  oh, is this the holster?

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Do you wear a wife beater or under shirt?  oh, is this the holster?

www.lightningarms.com/images/sparks/VersaMax2_big.jpg

That's it.

I wear an A-shirt ("wife beater") under my over shirt because it is cooler and less restrictive than a normal undershirt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#15]
+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Do you wear a wife beater or under shirt?

I wear either a T shirt or a wife beater under my covering garment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top