Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:05:29 AM EDT
The question:

What promotes the differing views managers and employees have on privacy issues?

One student's answer (must be 500 words or more to count, in essay format, introducing new concepts and addressing peers):

In our society the different people accept different point of view .Manager always have to consider the profitable management for the company before consider stakeholders interest. As employee they should accept company’s decision of company regulate the private Act. The manage should educated the entire employee on seeking their invidual privately right, Example of Phone calls and website. Bothside, the company and employee what should be done of consensus.

I shit you not...  Copied and pasted as submitted.

I'm embarrassed to be in college with students like this.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Just curious....is the aforementioned individual in college on a "sports scholarship"?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#2]
ESL?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The question:

What promotes the differing views managers and employees have on privacy issues?

One student's answer (must be 500 words or more to count, in essay format, introducing new concepts and addressing peers):

In our society the different people accept different point of view .Manager always have to consider the profitable management for the company before consider stakeholders interest. As employee they should accept company’s decision of company regulate the private Act. The manage should educated the entire employee on seeking their invidual privately right, Example of Phone calls and website. Bothside, the company and employee what should be done of consensus.

Maybe a Chinese exchange student typed a brilliant paragraph in flawless Mandarin and then ran it through a free online translator before submitting it. It is remiscent of the stuff known as "Engrish."

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I know that dude.
He writes the safety manuals for imported power tools.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm speachless!

Trey
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:10:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Our future is in good hands. This one will get an A+ I'm sure.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#7]
that could not have been for a grade.  That's my speculation.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#8]
maybe they outsourced the answers to india.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
No surprise and I can guess the ethnicity of the student.

Yes, I'm a college student.

More than half the people I go to school with shouldn't be in college.  There are a large number of thug-looking, rap artitst impersonating, lazy morons who have somehow gotten enough student loans to afford college and are just pissing away their time by never coming to class, failing every class they are enrolled in, and being a nuisance to everyone else by yelling across campus to each other, walking around cussing up a storm, singing rap songs to themselves while walking, and various other annoying activities.

Sad part is, I am at a State University, not a community college in the ghetto.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The question:

Is Bothside even a word?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#11]
The english is horrible.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

More than half the people I go to school with shouldn't be in college.  There are a large number of thug-looking, rap artitst impersonating, lazy morons who have somehow gotten enough student loans to afford college and are just pissing away their time by never coming to class, failing every class they are enrolled in, and being a nuisance to everyone else by yelling across campus to each other, walking around cussing up a storm, singing rap songs to themselves while walking, and various other annoying activities.

Cypher214, you are fined one credit for a violation of the "Embrace Diversity" act.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

wow, you must be here on our campus
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#14]
In the mid 70's I was a student at UT Austin, studying Petroleum Engineering.

Engineering students don't have much time and have to focus to comprehend the material.  So I sought out places to study and solve problems.  There was a very comfortable two or three story open area with comfortable chairs, tables and lamps in the Jester dorm.  

Occasionally you could study there.  But most of the time you could not because there were black 'students' playing some sort of card game where the winner is determined by who slaps cards down on the table the hardest and with the most noise.   I guess these same 'students' were in some sort of fraternity because they had large wooden blocks with greek letters hanging around their necks.  

The whole three levels of living room style study area was unusable because of the noise level from the card slapping and no-thought-content babble coming from the card game.

Wonder what an essay from any of these 'students' would read like?  Hmmmm, what would the 'thought' content be like?   Lemmie go out on a limb here and take a wild guess.....first grade level....springs to mind.

Nothing new here,  morons get admitted,  bright people get rejected.  Been that way for decades and it will continue.  

I also tried to study in the education department's library, it was usually empty.  But when there were people there they talked nonsense and bullshit making that place unusable too.

The engineering library was crowded but quiet.  Good luck getting a seat though.

Same Shit Different Decade.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just curious....is the aforementioned individual in college on a "sports scholarship"?

At an online University?

Competitive text-letter type jumping?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey, I know that dude.
He writes the safety manuals for imported power tools.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
that could not have been for a grade.  That's my speculation.

Yes, it is for a grade.  I assure you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The english is horrible.

Fo shizzle!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The question:

Is Bothside even a word?

Yo, G, why you be playing all dat?  Sheet, I be tellin you da meenins of words, yo!  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#20]
+1 to MikeSSS and BeetleBailey; I go to and work at Georgia State University -- the one in downtown Atlanta, not the one in Athens with the Bulldog. It's GANGSTA 24/7 here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#21]
richard, you a prof?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Are you sure you're not in a Clown College?

That's some pretty bad shit, right there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#23]
A Well Thought-Out Englilsh Paper
Kyle "The Yellow Dart" Smith

Since maybe like the Middle Ages, there have been many differing opinions on hustle and bustle. This cannot be denied. It is my intention to sit down and play video games for several hours.

First, moving around quickly, and with purpose, is a true sign of character. Secondarily, bustle (e.g. hustle) yields more product for the working types. "Hustle and bustle are like my right and left arms," said Li'l Spicy in his famous "Hustle and Bustle Are Like My Right and Left Arms" speech.  Webster's defines bustle as "excited and often noisy activity; a stir." A stir, indeed. Finally, sometimes gross stuff can be funny.

In conclusion, I, "The Yellow Dart," think I have done a great job illustrating the many differing opinions about hustle and bustle, may they both rest in peace. Also, I think Strong Bad should decrease The Cheat's allowance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I take it that English is not that student's first language.

Don't bet on that - that nonsense could have come from about one third of the students in an engineering program.  That would be the white folk, "educated" in the US.

Edited to fix a typo while on the phone to the wife.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I take it that English is not that student's first language.

Don't on that -

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
richard, you a prof?

No, at least not yet.  I am a paid tutor and an assistant professor for several classes, including Composition II, Business Law, and Corporate Finance.  My adjunct position is in the works, but it is still a time away.  

This was a classmate of mine in one of my undergraduate emphasis areas, and I honestly do not think English is her primary language.  Still, 500 words requires little interpretation, and a some creative thought would be nice.  When she responds to me I have no choice but to address her posts, which disturbs me as I cannot speak gibberish without a state of alcoholic euphoria being involved.  

It was just a wee bit of a rant, but I thought y'all would get a kick out of what fully accredited universities are accepting these days.  I never graduated 7th grade and I speak better than she does, including interpreting what the number 500 refers to in posts.  

Oh well...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

thats what I was thinking...."those students" have a way with adding "ed" to words that dont end in them.

ex: he wented to the park.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Can you say, "Bye bye America"? Sure you can. These illiterate fucks are going to be ruining er..running this country in a few years.

"Yo..Missa Pres..homey...we's needs mo dat oil shizzle, yo!"

"Yo, Jus bus a cap in dare ass mofuck-a, sheeeit dems rainians be give it up mo fasser dan you's can sayed daaamnnn das goods poke, yo."

"hows come we's gotta be's gat der ass wit da deagles....we's is muuuslumms too, yo!"

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm sorry to say, that doesn't surprise me.

I think he posts on this site.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Is the guy a native english speaker?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Wait until you see his resume. Bet it will have 33 typos. I get them and throw them away.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#34]
English, do you speak it mother fucker. Apparently not.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#35]
My questions are

1. Does she get graded on grammer, spelling, sentence structure, readability and comprehendability (if I was in College, I'd look it up to see if that is a real word but since its ARFcom, I can make it up, so I won't)?

2. Are you at one of those schools that says you have to decode the paper and grade it based on the accuracy of his response, and not the form in which the response was provided? Or do you get to just put an "F" on it?

3. What was the actual grade given for that?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
My questions are

1. Does she get graded on grammer, spelling, sentence structure, readability and comprehendability (if I was in College, I'd look it up to see if that is a real word but since its ARFcom, I can make them up)?  Yes, all those factors are graded.

2. Are you at one of those schools that says you have to decode the paper and grade it based on the accuracy of his response, and not the form in which the response was provided? Or do you get to just put an "F" on it?  The policy is based on content and context, spelling, grammar, structure, and critical thinking analysis.  A perfectly spelled response of 3,000 words is worthless if it does not further the discussion.  In other words, re-wording the text provided is not sufficient .  We require intro- and extro-perspective that is clearly identified with original conclusions brought about with empirical research that is credible and contextual.

3. What was the actual grade you given for that?    I do not assign grades, I only recommend them.  In this class, I am only a student who doesn't even do that.  Had I recommended a grade, it would be dependent on her explanation as her vernacular is obviously influenced in some manner.  Still, there is no excuse for responding with less words than the parameters of the assignment, and simply quoting the text in different manners.  Given that her understanding is clearly off, I can only infer she is unable to read the text and, as such, would recommend a non-passing grade.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The english is horrible.

True.... though it is pretty good engrish
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

There just there for all the white girls who seem to fall to there knees at the mere presence of said wannabe rapper.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Can you say, "Bye bye America"? Sure you can. These illiterate fucks are going to be ruining er..running this country in a few years.

"Yo..Missa Pres..homey...we's needs mo dat oil shizzle, yo!"

"Yo, Jus bus a cap in dare ass mofuck-a, sheeeit dems rainians be give it up mo fasser dan you's can sayed daaamnnn das goods poke, yo."

"hows come we's gotta be's gat der ass wit da deagles....we's is muuuslumms too, yo!"

Hey now, don't lose faith that fast. There's still plenty of intelligent, articulate students that can lead the country, ebonics-free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top