Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 2:37:06 PM EDT
So of course my first reaction is "WHAT THE HOLY HECK IS BUSH SMOKING?!?!?!"

Israel goes after terrorists and we send $230,000,000 to the country sponsoring them?!?!?

Then I read the article. (My first reaction was to a news blurb on the TV.) We are sending money instead of troops to enforce the cease-fire......

Scott

www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5305961

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what troops enforcing the cease fire? they won't get involved. they won't disarm hezbollah. you are right to be outraged.

there should be ZERO funds going to the UN regarding this nor should there be ANY aid going to lebanon until they activley decided to stop the problem.

HE is urging other countries to send the men this time. We are doing our part already in other armpits of the third world.....

Scott

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The United States does not negotiate with terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I personally feel some slight shame that Israel makes us look like bad. Talk about NOT negoiating?!?!? "You kidnapped our citizen. Have some armored columns."

Scott

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, Hezbollah is using the money they get from Iran to buy support in Lebanon.

If the US offers more money, without the problem of being bombed for associating with Hezbollah, support will leave Hezbollah.

It also helps strengthen a very weak Lebanese government, so its strong enough politically and muscle wise to push Syria's Intel types out, as well as the Hesbollah types in the south.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The Lebanese governmet does not support Hesbollah, Iran does.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally feel some slight shame that Israel makes us look like bad. Talk about NOT negoiating?!?!? "You kidnapped our citizen. Have some armored columns."

Scott

Israel seems to have forgotten about their kidnapped men.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott

Things got kinda hectic. But what DID happen with that?!?!?

Scott

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott

Things got kinda hectic. But what DID happen with that?!?!?

Scott

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Everyone relax, France is to the rescue, their 200 soldiers will disarm Hezbollah and make sure our money is used for rebuilding not rearming.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Everyone relax, France is to the rescue, their 200 soldiers will disarm Hezbollah and make sure our money is used for rebuilding not rearming.

I feel better already. Y'all know where the best C&R guns come from?!?!?
FRANCE. Never been fired and only dropped once.....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top