Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2002 12:35:40 AM EDT
Just saw the movie XXX.  Seems like half the guns have OKO's on them.  Makes sense I believe b/c I seem to recall that OKO's are made in the Czech Rep.  & most of the movie takes place in Prague.

Anyway, the movie is incredibly cheesy, but for an eat-popcorn-and-watch-shit-blow-up-movie it's not that bad.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 2:56:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I love how the red dot sights actually put red dots on the targets.  In the one scene where they were about 5 feet apart the dots had to be at least an inch in diameter.  Even if the guns did have a laser, which I didn't see just the red dot sights.  A 1 inch dot a 5' would be 60 inches at 100 yards!
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually if you look, they were all wearing crimson trace grips you could see the lasers on when looking at the gun.
My guess was the real dots weren't impressive enough so they made them bigger.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Actually if you look, they were all wearing crimson trace grips you could see the lasers on when looking at the gun.
View Quote

I noticed this and pointed it out to my wife, during the movie!

I personally feel they did an outstanding job with the weapons handling and PROMOTION, during this film. I especially loved seeing the MP5 w/ a Beta-C mag, as you don't see that very often.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought the gun handling and ammo managment were better than any other move I have seen.
He only got 6 shots out of the revolver he was carrying.
A good guy finally picks up and uses a bad guys weapon.
They show him learning about safety's (since playstation games and revolvers don't have any,)
And they make him learn to hit with a full auto with recoil.
I only had a couple of problems with the whole movie, and only one gun related one. I would never have loaded multiple types of ammo in the revolver.
And I really think they could have lost the avalanche scene.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#5]
There were NO OKO's in the movie xXx. They were all C-More's.  Topcrest and I just saw this movie last night and we both noticed this. OKO's would have been more appropriate.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.movieweb.com/movie/xxx/co5.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
You are correct on the C-More's...  

I love that Steyr subgun that she has her finger on the trigger of though!
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm surprised the set wasn't raided with that kind of arsenal so wrecklessly stored.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top