Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many of the dead would have died of flu, pneumonia or other common maladies this year?
View Quote

All these businesses that are failing were just going to fail within the year anyway. They are conveniently blaming it on covid so they can get a government check.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Democrats on this forum are invested in doom and gloom.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This was from Johns Hopkins.

How do you feel about them?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fully trust the WHO, CDC and State Governments to do the right thing/not lie. 100%.

This was from Johns Hopkins.

How do you feel about them?

It’s 2020. I don’t trust anyone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Man. All this time I thought we all lived forever.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107869/5e9f62a8b9dc4-1380806_jpg-1383956.JPG

So bad, but not Captain Tripps.

Looks like a fair number of people died of C-19 who would have died of something else anyway.
With a minor offset for deaths that would have happened but didn't due to lockdown (stuff like car and industrial accidents).
View Quote

Where is the source for this data? Im not seeing it on that link...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.

Im not a doomer or a flu bro, but I'm definitely skeptical of the numbers.

Primarily the fact that deaths from virtually all other known causes of deaths are wayyy down. It's like people quit dying from "pneumonia" and now die from pneumonia caused by covid, even though they were not tested for covid and were only "likely positive".
View Quote

Or Heart disease or Cancer or complications from Diabetes or etc. We now know that more people are testing for antibodies showing either asymptomatic or recovered symptoms.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In the US?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you are so wrong, it was 800,000.

In the US?

no, thats just in sweden.

us deaths were 8,000,000. no one is allowed to see the real data though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we please stop parroting this line?  It is 100% Grade A Certified bullshit.

Then explain this......

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/107869/5e9f62a8b9dc4-1380806_jpg-1383956.JPG

Without seeing the breakdown of those deaths I wouldn't know where to start.  Given the massive lifestyle changes we have all undergone it shouldn't be surprising that people aren't dying from the same things at the same rate as they were last year.  

I'm not saying that there aren't people dying with COVID-like symptoms that are being classified as COVID deaths even though they didn't have it and I'm sure some people that died of complications due to COVID would have eventually croaked for the same reason without COVID speeding things along.  Eventually testing will catch up but right now they can't test everybody all the time.  That's when doctors make educated guesses and move on.  Nobody is classifying a victim of a car accident as a COVID fatality.  If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it is getting classified as a duck.  If it looks like a person impaled on a guard rail, it's not getting classified as a duck.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Then explain this......do yo honestly thing that deaths from cancer, accidents, stroke, homicide, etc, etc....went down by more than half??  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/107869/5e9f62a8b9dc4-1380806_jpg-1383956.JPG
View Quote

This chart looks like BS. I cant find those stats on its source. But I do find other links on NY Times thats different...
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
If the average lifespan of a person is around 75 years, and they die at 55 years, did they die of old age naturally, or can their death usually be attributed to some other cause?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107869/5e9f62a8b9dc4-1380806_jpg-1383956.JPG

So bad, but not Captain Tripps.

Looks like a fair number of people died of C-19 who would have died of something else anyway.
With a minor offset for deaths that would have happened but didn't due to lockdown (stuff like car and industrial accidents).

It was posted here a couple of days ago and an identical product was displayed during one of governor Cuomo's pressers.

I didn't backtrack to see if it was at the link. If you do discover it is "fake news" please let us know. There is too much BS (going both ways) floating around about C-19 and I don't want to be part of that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The death toll from the new coronavirus reached 50,000 in the U.S., now the epicenter of the global outbreak, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

The media will be having a field day with that, as if it's somehow magical.

Link
View Quote

adjust these numbers by population, to get a percentage.  Media doesn't want to do that, because it shows how low the US is by deaths/population.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Have we decided on a definition of "Covid Death" yet?

Because someone who dies who HAPPENS to test positive for Covid, isn't necessarily a Covid death.
Did Covid CAUSE some condition that led to their death?  That is a Covid death.

As I understand it, in the US, if someone dies who tests positive, they are counting all of those.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

@jthomps123

Here is some breakdown of info. Don' think it has previous conditions listed. I know Italy had some of those and it was quite eye opening.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Here is some estimates for it from CDC. A little old though.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6913e2.htm

From worldometer...NY numbers

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only 50,000 in a couple months?  It's not like we've locked down our country.

Clearly just the flu bro.
View Quote
It's not a flu, but we should have changed course on how we're handling it quite a while ago. The current path we've taken has lead to civil unrest, and willful violation of good ideas like social distancing, out of protest. Allowing this to be politicized has also horribly complicated things. Quite honestly we're in checkmate. No matter what we do at this point, I think we are boned in one way or another, it's only a choice of how we take it. China won without firing a shot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Without seeing the breakdown of those deaths I wouldn't know where to start.  Given the massive lifestyle changes we have all undergone it shouldn't be surprising that people aren't dying from the same things at the same rate as they were last year.  

I'm not saying that there aren't people dying with COVID-like symptoms that are being classified as COVID deaths even though they didn't have it and I'm sure some people that died of complications due to COVID would have eventually croaked for the same reason without COVID speeding things along.  Eventually testing will catch up but right now they can't test everybody all the time.  That's when doctors make educated guesses and move on.  Nobody is classifying a victim of a car accident as a COVID fatality.  If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it is getting classified as a duck.  If it looks like a person impaled on a guard rail, it's not getting classified as a duck.
View Quote

Patient (87 years old) was in hospital for heart failure, diabetes, and lung cancer. Had fever, and cough when death occurred.

We don't need a test, it was wubonic plague that killed him.  The symptoms make it clear.

ETA: This is what assumed to have died of covid-19 looks like.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Another doomer thread with BS numbers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Who talks about this virus more, Arfcom or Facebook ?

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A statement everyone can agree with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIP to those that died.
A statement everyone can agree with.

Not everyone.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

4 of 10 million?

Na.  You probably just can't do math and know how to convert a decimal into a percent.  That's why you clearly don't understand exponential growth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My state has an impressive 0.0000405?% death rate...

4 of 10 million?

Na.  You probably just can't do math and know how to convert a decimal into a percent.  That's why you clearly don't understand exponential growth.

Well your math skills on this have been shown to be lacking.
You have no business throwing rocks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah,but you forget it's exponential-that 50,000 today,will turn into 500 million dead Americans in 2 weeks.
View Quote

On top of the 150 million firearm deaths.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hopefully, we're near the end of this whole mess. I can't remember the source, but I thought the total number theorized to die in the US was approximately 60,000 people.
View Quote
By this time of year (late April)

here are this year's deaths compared to others *from all causes* up until week 14 (early April) the number now will be higher but not exponentially like some would have you believe.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Idonbeliveit

NY already admits doctors classify death to Covid on untested people who have died.  They also admit to placing people who die of other issue as Covid victims even if its arguably not what killed them.  I’m sure everyone is doing that.  Ya the numbers are BS.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Are you repeating rumor? Can you cite any known cases?  Here's mine:  Our local news journalist in a great health and mid 50s just died at home unexpectedly.  It's being reported as pneumonia, even though I saw him 5 days ago and he was fine.  The paper never even mentioned COVID19 despite this sounding very odd for pneumonia which he didn't have a few days ago.
View Quote

I personally know of one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

here are this year's deaths compared to others *from all causes* up until week 14 (early April) the number now will be higher but not exponentially like some would have you believe.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215807/D5B63A43-2340-4086-9055-82667CFE1E3B_jpe-1383994.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully, we're near the end of this whole mess. I can't remember the source, but I thought the total number theorized to die in the US was approximately 60,000 people.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215807/D5B63A43-2340-4086-9055-82667CFE1E3B_jpe-1383994.JPG

lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@jthomps123

Here is some breakdown of info. Don' think it has previous conditions listed. I know Italy had some of those and it was quite eye opening.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Here is some estimates for it from CDC. A little old though.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6913e2.htm

From worldometer...NY numbers

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490117/26163020-8130479-image-a-4_1584621282359-1383990.JPG
View Quote

Im looking for the #'s in blue.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see the year once closed. Will Diabetes,  etc... numbers be much lower in 2020 due to being absorbed into COVID19?  If so,  the delta will be important.
View Quote

That's kinda fair.  Did he die of this or that.  Weirdest one I know of what a guy standing behind a pressurized tanker truck.  Latch blew off an hit him in the head.  The (think of the nastiest smell you have ever smelt and multiply it by 1000) gushed out and he drowned in it while unconscious on the ground, not submerged. It was ruled asphyxiation.  Did he die because his head was destroyed by a steal plate that was launched at his head, or because the body continued doing what the muscles do and keep trying to breath in the goo?

If you ever look at medical examiner reports, you will find a shit load of "ground level fall" as cause of death, never old as fuck.  Will that delta be important if the person would have lived another 20 years, but caught a virus and died this year?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You are too scared to list your state, but I've taken the liberty to assume you live in the lowest death per 1mil population state of HI, and can only conclude you are not good at math.  Thank you for your medical advice, can't do math, but wants to play like he has it all figured out..

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
View Quote

Despite graduating from one of the larger Texas universities, I've come to find Texas public education is greatly lacking.

I live in Missouri... we've had 252 deaths and a population of 6M, so 252/6,000,000=0.000042%.  Tell me what's wrong about that?

Again, don't hold your poor math skills against ya, you probably got one of those Texas primary educations.

ETA: since you suck at math, here's Texas' 0.0000204%  @YourAlterEgo sorry you're scared

ETA2:  I guess you are a bit correct - shouldn't have includes the % sign in that answer... its technically .0042%... still not bad enough to warrant the action
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Flu bros are the new truthers...
View Quote

Doomers are the plague that destroyed our economy.

We should bring back tarring and feathering, or public flogging.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This, I doubt we have even hit 35,000
View Quote

Whatever, I doubt COVID-19 is even real.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Doesn't mean we shouldn't go back to work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Doctor told me that my brain is too tense.

Too tense the size of a normal one.

View Quote

I thought you were stroking out at first..  

It's finally registered.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Something tells me flu deaths are down, as are pneumonia deaths, as are deaths related to complications from diabetes and heart disease.   It's a good thing we have made so much progress on those in such a short period of time.   Right?
View Quote

This. We're looking at it all wrong. COVID is actually the cure for a whole bunch of other diseases.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Are you repeating rumor? Can you cite any known cases?  Here's mine:  Our local news journalist in a great health and mid 50s just died at home unexpectedly.  It's being reported as pneumonia, even though I saw him 5 days ago and he was fine.  The paper never even mentioned COVID19 despite this sounding very odd for pneumonia which he didn't have a few days ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
COVID listed as cause of death even if suspected but the patient had a negative test.

Yay CDC!

It's very well known, and reported through multiple sources, that several thousand of the COVID deaths in NYC were never actually tested. They were "presumed" cases, good enough for the CDC and good enough to keep the fear at an acceptable level.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#37]
We know the numbers gave been cooked. We know it is not as deadly as initially claimed.
Time to open things back up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's very well known, and reported through multiple sources, that several thousand of the COVID deaths in NYC were never actually tested. They were "presumed" cases, good enough for the CDC and good enough to keep the fear at an acceptable level.
View Quote

One of the news agencies was interviewing an EMT in NYC; she said she can "recognize a CV19 patient the moment they show up at their home"... sounds completely legit - LOL
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Pay attention Doomers!!! I'll say it, I don't fucking care! At 5 times that number, it wouldn't be worth the shit we are letting these petty tyrant politicians get away with and the damage that has been done to this country economically. All of you that are not only blindly accepting this, but begging for more, disgust me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pay attention Doomers!!! I'll say it, I don't fucking care! At 5 times that number, it wouldn't be worth the shit we are letting these petty tyrant politicians get away with and the damage that has been done to this country economically. All of you that are not only blindly accepting this, but begging for more, disgust me.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Hallelujah
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

50,000 dead from the same thing makes it the highest cause of death in America.
View Quote
Nope
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Does the CARE act only pay out if the patient dies? I dont see that stipulated in your link?
View Quote
No it pays for hospitalizations that are claimed to be covid as well
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Despite graduating from one of the larger Texas universities, I've come to find Texas public education is greatly lacking.

I live in Missouri... we've had 252 deaths and a population of 6M, so 252/6,000,000=0.000042%.  Tell me what's wrong about that?

Again, don't hold your poor math skills against ya, you probably got one of those Texas primary educations.

ETA: since you suck at math, here's Texas' 0.0000204%  @YourAlterEgo sorry you're scared

ETA2:  I guess you are a bit correct - shouldn't have includes the % sign in that answer... its technically .0042%... still not bad enough to warrant the action
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are too scared to list your state, but I've taken the liberty to assume you live in the lowest death per 1mil population state of HI, and can only conclude you are not good at math.  Thank you for your medical advice, can't do math, but wants to play like he has it all figured out..

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I was going to reply with something snarky about you sending your post to the university and asking for a refund, but at least you had the balls to own it.  It's not a bit or technically correct, math is math, I learned this in one of them fancy schools of engineering after that Texas public education.  

Math aside, now we can debate the known/unknowns.  I live in an area (DFW) that has a population of 1.5 million more than your entire state.  Most locations here went to social distancing rather quick, as did most of the larger locations in Texas, we are at half the deaths per 1mil population than MO.  As of yesterday evening, we (again, local metroplex with that 1.5 million greatest population than your entire state) had 170 deaths attributed to the Corvid19.  My thoughts are we will come out of this much faster than the 2000's mess .  I'm okay with dealing with a bit of a pay cut, rather than someone else having to deal with the loss of a loved one that can't ever come back.  This last part is subjective and each will have their own opinion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
JH compiled data from other organizations, right? They didn't go actually test every body in the country, I assume.
View Quote
All you need to know about that data is as of the CDC announcement about counting probable deaths, Johns Hopkins no longer publishes the number recovered.

On top of that, if you drill down on shit you see the following in Confirmed Cases "Confirmed cases include presumptive positive cases. "
and then the following in Deaths "Fatality Rate: is calculated as Total Deaths divided by number of Confirmed Cases represented as a percent."

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I was going to reply with something snarky about you sending your post to the university and asking for a refund, but at least you had the balls to own it.  It's not a bit or technically correct, math is math, I learned this in one of them fancy schools of engineering after that Texas public education.  

Math aside, now we can debate the known/unknowns.  I live in an area (DFW) that has a population of 1.5 million more than your entire state.  Most locations here went to social distancing rather quick, as did most of the larger locations in Texas, we are at half the deaths per 1mil population than MO.  As of yesterday evening, we (again, local metroplex with that 1.5 million greatest population than your entire state) had 170 deaths attributed to the Corvid19.  My thoughts are we will come out of this much faster than the 2000's mess .  I'm okay with dealing with a bit of a pay cut, rather than someone else having to deal with the loss of a loved one that can't ever come back.  This last part is subjective and each will have their own opinion.
View Quote

Yup... got to typing too fast - definitely fucked up..   To use your DFW example, that's a death rate of 0.00011.   Wonder what the monetary cost was to the other 1.5 million to save those 170, mostly old and/or frail people... see, to me, that is the problem.  Wonder if the owners of all teh small business that will be forced to close will feel the same as you.  In my opinion, its penny wise, pound foolish
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#50]
“Hillary in a landslide “
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top