Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2002 1:18:47 AM EDT
Ok...so I finally get off this site long enough to wrap presents.  Well, I did all my Christmas shopping online.  I thought about taking all the stuff out of the boxes and wrapping it like normal people.  But I figured I would just open the box, take out the invoice, etc and leave all the packing peanuts or air bags in there to keep it nice and snug.  Then I just taped the boxes back up.  

Then I went to the actual wrapping part.  First of all, I couldn't get the damn scissors to cut the paper straight and without tearing it.  Then I somehow always managed to put the seam of the wrapping paper that should be on the bottom of the box on the top even though I realized it the first time and even tried not to do that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th times.  Then on the present I was trying so hard to make it look so pretty because of the girl I'm giving it to.  Somehow I managed to end up with about a 2" gap where the paper should meet and 2 inches of the box showing.  Then when I was finally getting the hang of it I ran out of tape.  I found some duct tape in the garage so I just cut it into thin strips and used that.  

All I can say is thank goodness I'm done.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

First of all, I couldn't get the damn scissors to cut the paper straight and without tearing it.  
View Quote

YOU SIR are as bad as the anti gunner crowd!!!

YES I SAID IT!!!

Blaming an inanimate object because YOU CANNOT CUT PAPER???

I bet you are going to start a group called P.U.S.S.Y

PEOPLE
USING
SCISSORS
SCARS
YOURSELF

Have a Merry Christmas Jadams!!! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]jadams951 & DrFrige:[/b] Whoa! Look at your guys' post counts (1090 of 1090) and join times (Jan 2001)! That's scary!
[:D]
EDITED TO ADD: check my sig line [b]jadams651[/b]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[b]jadams951 & DrFrige:[/b] Whoa! Look at your guys' post counts (1090 of 1090) and join times (Jan 2001)! That's scary!
[:D]
EDITED TO ADD: check my sig line [b]jadams651[/b]
View Quote

HOLY CRAP THAT IS WEIRD!!!

But then again My dad and Jadams dad went to different schools together [;)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:41:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always found that drinking beer is a big help. Do it at a table where you can watch TV at the same time....
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#7]
One year, I just spray painted the boxes red.  It worked pretty well, but my wife made me promise not to do it again.z

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Forget the wrapping paper.
Cover those suckers completely in duct tape.

[martha stewart]
The cheery silver-gray packages will make a festive addition under any Christmas tree.
[/martha stewart]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I found some duct tape in the garage so I just cut it into thin strips and used that.  
View Quote

I always make it a point to use duct tape in some form in my Christmas wrapping.  My signature [:)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Presents?.........Guess I'm the only one giving out mostly gift certificates this year - very hassle free - insert certificate into "pretty colored" envelope and your done. Still had to buy a couple "real" presents but I still have a couple days to wrap them up.  

Edited to add - Hey the knife technique worked awesome! Much faster then regular scissors - my razor sharp Gerber Applegate Combat Folder cut perfectly. One box was being a pain in the ass so I used 100 mph tape to secure the end.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#11]
i dont use wrapping paper , i use the newspaper, its already precut into handy sheets.
my wife hates it though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you have box showing through, you screwed up cutting the paper. Rip it up and start all over. MAKE IT SO! DO IT NOW!

[;D]
View Quote

Start over my ass...I just cut some extra paper off and taped it over the gap.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#14]
When the kids were young, I got them a bunch of surplus camping gear for Scouts. You know, the usual, Alice packs, air matresses, ponchos, I don't remember all, but 5 or 6 items each. I threw each of the items in the bottom of a brown grocery bag and sealed them with duct tape. 20 years later, they remember those gifts and wrappings the most. Last year I got a box completely covered with duct tape, under the pretty wrapping. this year, I expect something similar from the other one. Don't rule out duct tape and brown paper bags.

Fred
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, every year I have to duct tape my sister's gift... she is queen of being able to discreetly unwrap a present, see what it is, then wrap it nicely again... so I put her gift in a few plastic bags, and start wrapping duct tape around, about 6 layers worth. It went over even better than sealing one with evidence tape and initialing every seem and joint ont he tape [:D]

She hates opening my gifts [;D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Its a Legs tradition for people in my family to
get the WORST rapped present from me.
I just wad the paper around the present and tap
it up. every one knows who its from.

My wife hates it but to bad.
Its my tradition damn it![}:D]
View Quote

LOL my famlilys tradition is to just staple the bag it came in shut.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Just stuff the presents into shopping bags, tie a ribbon around them, and be done with it.

How do you like MY post count, considering when I joined?  [:D]

I'm a moderator, too!

CJ

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Wrapping presents shouldn't be a pain in the a$$.  It is much easier if you use your hands.[:P]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Unfortunately, the Hallmark brand paper is one of the few that has a grid system printed on the back to make straight cuts and some of their paper is heavier to prevent tearing.  But I think they are on the NRA's sh!t list.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Aggie1 said:  
...Wrapping presents shouldn't be a pain in the a$$. It is much easier if you use your hands.
View Quote

Funny.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[green][b] Get someone to do the wrapping for you . I had my neice wrap for me. She likes doing that kinda stuff and she does it good. Plus I get out of it .

[/green][/b]

[red] MeRrY ChRiStMas [<|:D>]
Jerry [/red]
View Quote

I second that! The step daughter did the shopping for me, and when I paid her back for the presents, I added a little extra, so she wrapped them all for me!

Atta Girl!
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wrapping presents was really easy this year!

I got the wife to do it.  [:D]
View Quote

Funny, the only presents the step daughter didn't wrap, were the presents for the wife I bought off of sprortsmansguide.com, which the wife wrapped!

How much more could I ask for, a woman that shoots, and wraps her own presents!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top