Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:50:55 PM EDT
The Libertarian Party asked if I could volunteer at an information booth at Denver's Pridefest 2009 (Gay Pride Parade)

What say you?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
as long as you dont have a problem being around lots of gay people i dont see why not. Hell, get some of them on board. im not libertarian but id rather you converted them towards the right then let them some of them slip leftward even more (not that all gays are liberals).
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not? They're voters.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Why not? They're voters.

+1
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not? They're voters.

+1

Recruit some for BRD also.  A voter is a voter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:40:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Gay pay taxes too.  I'm sure a lot of them don't like the idea of government looting their pay checks and savings to buy privately held companies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#6]
No, I think you should do it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:44:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gay pay taxes too.  I'm sure a lot of them don't like the idea of government looting their pay checks and savings to buy privately held companies.

Iseewhatyoudidthere...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:48:46 AM EDT
[#8]
You are known by your associations.  If you are a moral person, I would say "no".  If you are immoral, then it really doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You are known by your associations.  If you are a moral person, I would say "no".  If you are immoral, then it really doesn't matter.

You are looking at it from the view point of someone who believes in arbitrary morality, not objective morality.

I consider myself to be a very moral person, and I have yet to have anyone explain to me how two consensual adults engaging in sexual acts amongst themselves is, in fact immoral.

The biggest moral travesty of this nation is the idea that you are no longer a sovereign individual.  You no longer have any right to  your work, achievement or brain.  Instead of achieving happiness through actives which bring you joy, you are now relegated to activities that are about "self sacrifice".  

This crisis of government intervention is much more of a problem than two guys butt-fucking.  The more Americans we can align on our side, against the monopolistic and tyrannical power of the government the better.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Voters is voters...I don't care what they do behind closed doors.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:55:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Would you want atheists to join the political party? How about people of other religious groups? all are "immoral" depending on someones morality.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Why not? They're voters.

indeed...Further, the GLBT community needs a better alternative to what they have been associated with in the past and most gay people that I know have more Libertarian leanings than they even realize...but then most people aren't even familiar with the party...

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:41:42 AM EDT
[#13]
No, but I would welcome them at any meeting or rally. Frankly I just don't want to see the flaming ones going all out at a pride event.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Wear a very tiny NRA button ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

More like a BIG NRA button.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like a BIG NRA button.

Maybe a BFL, too.  or a Pink Pistols pin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top