Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2002 3:10:51 PM EDT
Why would anyone want one of those wooden gun cabinets with the glass doors? Are these for people who live out in the middle of nowhere and aren't expecting to ever be robbed or have curious children around the house or are they for people who only own cheap guns that they don't care if they ever get stolen?. They are more attractive than a solid steel safe, but wouldn't it be more wise to put something like a gun in something that isn't breakable like wood and glass? Having a wood and glass cabinet to secure your guns would be like writing the combination right on the door of your steel gun safe.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are pretty much made for display and not security.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I know, I have a really nice one that I got for a gift, But I cant use it, Im not just gonna leave my guns out in that thing! So I put it in storage, I dont know what the hell Im gonna do with it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was a kid (I'm 28 now), I can remember seeing wooden gun cabinets in neighbor's houses all the time.  Lots of hunters in my area.  I don't think any of them had locks either.  Believe it or not, I never had the urge to mess with or steal any of the guns I saw.  Imagine that!  Maybe it had something to do with growing up being taught to have respect for guns. Hummm?

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, same thing with my kinfolk and neighbors.  My father still keeps his in a glass cabinet and on a wall rack.  (And in a couple of closets and in a cedar chest and one in the barn and...)  I guess the point was childproofing in a more innocent era.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top