Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 1:54:21 PM EDT
I'm trying to heat the downstairs portion of my house where the rec/family room is. It get's pretty chilly down there in the winter as there's no real heat in that part of the house.

I went through a boat load of wood the past two winters and I don't want to repeat that. I was looking at the  Regency inserts.  Any thoughts? Suggestions? Anything to look out for?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a Regency wood burning insert for four years. I use it most of the winter. It's simple to operate, (only one control), and gives off plenty of heat. I have a big house and that insert keeps most of the downstairs warm. Get the largest size that will fit in your existing fireplace and have it professionally installed. You won't have any regrets.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys - thanks for the input!! This is some great info.

I was planning on having it professionally installed. I don't want to wake up looking like those squirrels!
The one company I spoke with said they will pull a county permit to do the work, which means the work gets inspected. The correct sized liner would be part of the install, and I'll have the chimney cleaned before they do any work.

I'm really looking forward to this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top