Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-me-hotdog5may05.story

I don't get it.....  

Mike

Fixed your link. Use [ and ] instead of < and >

LOL! "I thought it was part of my braces" I'd hate to see the hardware on her face if a 9mm bullet feels like it could be a part of her braces.

I wonder what sort of tinfoil hat theories the DU will be coming up with on this one. Outlaw hotdogs! They have evil 9mm bullet features!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Those bullets was from shootin the pigs to make the hot dogs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The mafia is dumping thier hits into the slaughterhouses and meat processing plants.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Talk about biting the bullet.

Sorry to easy I know.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats quite a bit to swallow and not notice untill you stomach starts to hurt. Did she complain after she found the second 9 in the hotdog?

I think she's full of bull shit, 9mm bullets weigh a lot more than a hot dog, you would know it was in your mouth.

Jerad
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
This is just more anti gun propaganda from the HOMOSEXUAL JIHAD!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#7]
a LIVE bullet?

I smell a fraud.

TRG
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#8]
second that on the fraud charge

she must have really been wolfing down that dog, because I have no idea how I could possibley miss a live 9mm while chewing, or even the projectile itself for that matter.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#9]
She swallowed a live round?

She must have been practicing giving head or she swallowed the whole thing.

I wonder if it is going to "shoot" through her digestive system when it "exits" naturally...

"At first I thought it was part of my braces," Olivia Chanes, 31, of Mission Viejo said in Spanish about the live 9-millimeter cartridges she encountered at a Costco store.  Chanes said she developed stomach pains and went to Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo, where an X-ray revealed the second bullet. "I think it's the most secure way for a bullet to enter your body," she told La Opinion newspaper. "If a bullet's going to be in your stomach, at least it didn't pierce the skin to get there."

Doctors have urged her to let the bullet exit "naturally" before turning it over to police. "I'm thinking about my health," she said.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Give it to the police?   What makes you think we want the thing after it's passed thru her digestive system?

I smell a strong odor, and it's not coming from the bullet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I've heard the expression, "Eat lead" before, but this is ridiculous....

(Had to say it.....)
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Talk about biting the bullet.

Sorry to easy I know.

Why do you want to talk about me?!? And I am certainly not easy, well, that easy.

As for the story...it's a little hard to swallow.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#13]
All the hotdogs pass through a metal detector before leaving the factory.  WTF?  Reminds me of needles in Pepsi cans.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#14]

She's in it for the money - I can tell if there's a single grain of sand in a shrimp I've eaten and these woman claims she can't find 157 grains weight worth of lead in her hotdog - oh brother!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably the same damn woman who sued McCormick and Schmicks for a condom in her clam chowder.  Shake down artist.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Damned Assault Dogs!! Ban them... ban them all to hell!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The mafia is dumping thier hits into the slaughterhouses and meat processing plants.

Thanks for getting me off my (almost daily) addiction to the hot dogs from Home Depots dog cart.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#18]
She swallowed it??  Give me a fucking break, this bitch is looking for a handout.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#19]
COSTCO has BULLETS NOW! WOOOOT!  I been bugging them for months!

this gold digger should be damn lucky she got a free bullet with her hot dog. I wish all hot dogs came with two free bullets. It's be a good marketing campaign.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Another reason to chew your food.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm amazed it took Hoffa this long to surface.

Then again, if you consider what hot dogs are made of...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Time for... you guessed it.... critical thinking!!!

By Arlene Martinez and David Haldane, Times Staff Writers

Doctors on Tuesday were monitoring a woman who said she bit into one bullet — and swallowed another — embedded in a hot dog at an Irvine warehouse store.

How could she miss two bullets?  How the fuck could the factory miss two cartridges in a hot dog?  Why were the cartridges in the factory?  Granted, some worker may have had a ccw and "lost" a few cartridges, but this is h9ighly suspicious.

"At first I thought it was part of my braces," Olivia Chanes, 31, of Mission Viejo said in Spanish about the live 9-millimeter cartridges she encountered at a Costco store. A store spokesman declined to comment.
How can she mistake a bullet for braces?  They go on the outside of your teeth.  Does she expect us to believe she couldnt tell that that was a 9mm between her teeth and lip?  Did she think they were broken?  I call B.S.

Irvine Police Lt. Jeff Love said officers were summoned Sunday after Chanes reported having bitten the bullet in a hot dog from the store's food stand. "We have no idea where it came from," he said.
so she calls the police after she swallows the bullet, or did she eventually figure out what this was, and spit it out before swallowing anything else?  The reporters could have done a better job with this story.

Police cut several dozen Hebrew National hot dogs — the store's entire inventory — into pieces looking for other possible contaminants, but "nothing else was found, and there were no other complaints," he said. "It's a very strange occurrence, and obviously, we're very concerned."
hmmm, no other cartridges in this shipment.  what are the chances that two bullets wound up in the same dog during processing?

Chanes said she developed stomach pains and went to Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo, where an X-ray revealed the second bullet. "I think it's the most secure way for a bullet to enter your body," she told La Opinion newspaper. "If a bullet's going to be in your stomach, at least it didn't pierce the skin to get there."

Doctors have urged her to let the bullet exit "naturally" before turning it over to police. "I'm thinking about my health," she said.

"They need to inspect the food more closely."

smells like a liability lawsuit!!

This is what I think might have happened.  She needs/wants money, and figures that she'll cash in on the liability lawsut game.  SHe takes two bulltes, and sticks them between the dog and bun.  she swallows one to be sure that she gets publicity, mention of heath concern, hospital bills for someone to pay, etc.  She takes the other bullet to the cops to show that the bullet that they will  later find in her stomach indeed came from the hot dog she purchased at costco.  With police report in hand, she sues costco for: medical bills, liability, health hazards, emotional stress, etc.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I saw this on the news.  That Costco isn't too far from where I live.  She said she just bot braces so her mouth hurt.  This caused her to gulp a lot of her food down.  She swallowed a 9mm round that was imbedded in her hot dog!  It was hilarious...they showed an x-ray and there it is...a 9mm round in her lower intestine.  She swalled the first one whole, but bit down on the 2nd one and was like "What the hell?"
They asked her if she would ever eat another hot dog and she said "Never!"  I'm sorry, but no 9mm round in the world could dissuade me from eating a $1.50 Costco Dog.  I love those things!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

She's in it for the money - I can tell if there's a single grain of sand in a shrimp I've eaten and these woman claims she can't find 157 grains weight worth of lead in her hotdog - oh brother!

What you said 100%!!!!    Bet that dumb bitch actually thinks she will get monies over this!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I think she is trying to pull a fastone.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
....  I'm sorry, but no 9mm round in the world could dissuade me from eating a $1.50 Costco Dog.  I love those things!

And it comes with all you can drink soda!

eat lead,
Costco has bulllets, w00t,
Jimmy Hoffa
and others.

Great quotes from this thread.  Thanks for the laughs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#27]
If this were a scam, why would she pick bullets? Most of all, why 9mm bullets? Why not a couple of 22 lr rounds? Be much easiler to "mistake" one for a peice of braces.

Why not a couple of screws/nuts/bolts? This could make it more easily believed that they came from the manufacturing plant.

Was it a frozen hot dog, or the kind you buy at the food stand (pizzas, hot dogs, chips, various fried foods)?

What temps would a hotdog get up to when it's being cooked? I don't get how whoever cooked it would not notice the extra weight and or deformities in the hotdog.  Not exactly sure what temp a 9mm will cook off at, but it wouldn't had gone off while it was being cooked?  

Then again the article wasn't clear if it was just the bullet itself, or an actual cartridge.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Yep..She had to be eating bullets...

Cuz she's been shooting her mouth off about it... (I crack myself up)

Good old Mission Viejo..Spent all of my teen years there..Graduated from MVHS... I can honestly say I grew up in "The OC"
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If this were a scam, why would she pick bullets? Most of all, why 9mm bullets? Why not a couple of 22 lr rounds? Be much easiler to "mistake" one for a peice of braces.

Easy - her unemployed boyfriend has a 9mm pistol, and not a .22  (just guessing)

Why not a couple of screws/nuts/bolts? This could make it more easily believed that they came from the manufacturing plant.

How much media attention do you think a screw or a nut would get?  The more media attention, the bigger the likelihood that Costco will settle her inevitable lawsuit quickly and quietly.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I've heard the expression, "Eat lead" before, but this is ridiculous....

(Had to say it.....)

...LMAO!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#31]
because its easier for "urban" folks to get ahold of 9mm than any other caliber, I'd wager
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Those hot dogs are supposed to reach in excess of 160 degrees.  This sounds like totally BS to me.

And yeah, I work at a Costco.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Saw this on the news tonight.

The chick was from BABEaloina...!
I would hit it in a rapid and aggressive manner repeatedly...!

(she looked like Penelope Cruz's better looking hotter sister!)
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

pics?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pics?

I tried a few local channels but couldn't find any. She was on the local FOX channel (40).
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:55:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

There is a big  jagged rim in the end of a .22lr not to mention the possibility of the bullet coming loose in your guts. Really when you think about it a 9mm cartridge is nicely tappered with no rim to hang up on things. If i HAD to swallow a cartridge it would be 9mm.

Also, NOTHING in the world shows up clearer on an X-Ray than lead. As can be evidenced by the dramatic pictures in the article.

If i got FREE AMMO with a hotdog purchase at CostCo i don't think i would eat anywhere else. As it is they have some great dogs and better prices. Shame you have to deal with a thousand soccer-moms evertime you want one.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#37]
No need to ban hotdogs - as it was obviously not a high-cap dog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top