BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do expect from the Berkley of the Midwest?

Superior?

My thoughts also.  Maybe UW-Madison...
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Curing racism by branding people based on race for crimes they never committed.

.......sounds like a solid plan.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
"If you see racism, speak up, break the silence."

Uh.

Yeah, I see it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
So this is to appease the three minorities that attend UW-Superior?
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
This is what happens when we allow extreme levels of idiocy run unchecked through our society.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that!

I would write "Proud to Be White" and if you dont like that your minority ass can fuck off and die.

Fuck "white guilt".

Heck, I'd write that happily, and I'm Hispanic!

Well, millions of hispanics ARE white.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#7]
"There is no white or black...just shades of grey"...anyone else remember that movie, the one where the white guy took the experimental tanning pills to get a minority scholarship?
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
increase public awareness about racial favoritism by writing “unfair” on students’ faces along with a variety of grievances supposedly shared by minorities against Caucasians.

Are higher required entrance scores one of the unfair things of being white?
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
It's freaking Superior.  A cry for help and a recruiting drive at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow that's just terrible.

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Undergraduate Diversity Data
Fall, 2008
Race/Ethnicity
31 African American
18 Hispanic/Latino
80 Native American
8 Southeast Asian American
22 Other Asian
0 Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
11 Two or more Races
114 Non-resident Aliens (International)
2156 White, non-Hispanic & Unknown

UWS Enrollment summary (pdf)
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#12]
How about the blacks get some "white out" and write on their foreheads..............

"I have fathered an unknown number of children that I have never met"

"I am thinking of carjacking someone this afternoon"

"When I grow up, I want some spinners on my Cadillac"

""Shhhheeeeiiitttt  Neeggrrooee""

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is one of the most racist bigoted pieces of shit I have ever seen.

this whits on white hate. pretty damn
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
This kind of reminds me of conversations i had with my best friend in the  seventh grade -- about how to get laid and how to buy condoms.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I wasn't aware there were enough black folks IN Wisconsin to be taken advantage of.

Huh, learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What do expect from the Berkley of the Midwest?

That's what I was going to say, Morans
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
They can kiss the darkest part of my proud white ass.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
MLK would be so proud.

We truly have become color blind!
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
out of

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Face too long; didn't read.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#22]
If that is how they 'feel' then they are free to go find another society that was built for 'them'.

In other words, GTFO.

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2mc86td.jpg
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Unfair-to-be-white-too.jpg
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/unfair-2.png

http://www.mediaite.com/online/wisc-university-stands-by-campaign-to-teach-diversity-by-writing-unfair-on-white-students-faces/
The University of Wisconsin Duluth-Superior is standing by a controversial campaign launched in 2012 to increase public awareness about racial favoritism by writing “unfair” on students’ faces along with a variety of grievances supposedly shared by minorities against Caucasians. The university released a statement last week defending the project and saying that the campaign is prepare to enter its second phase.

“The creative materials for the campaign’s initial phase, launched in January 2012, were designed to be very provocative,” reads a statement released by the University. “UW-Superior understood and expressed serious concern about the nature of these materials. However, rather than abandon a well-intentioned effort, UW-Superior chose to continue working with the other community partners to help refocus the campaign’s future direction.”

Forget writing on their faces...just fucking trim this dudes nose hair
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.uwsuper.edu/aboutuwsuperior/contact/index.cfm

Academic programs or enrolling as an undergraduate student
[email protected]

Affirmative Action/Title IX questions
[email protected]

Graduate programs or enrolling as a graduate student
[email protected]

Distance Learning programs
[email protected]

Continuing Education programs
[email protected]

Class registration, academic records and student transcripts
[email protected]

Payment or refunds of tuition and fees
[email protected]

Posting a job or internship opening
[email protected]

Alumni Office
[email protected]

UW-Superior Foundation
[email protected]

Making a gift to the university
[email protected]

Financial Aid Office
[email protected]

Residence Halls
[email protected]

E-Hive questions and assistance
[email protected]

General information and questions
[email protected]

Office of International Programs
[email protected]

Website Problems/Questions
[email protected]

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2mc86td.jpg
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Unfair-to-be-white-too.jpg
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/unfair-2.png
http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/unfair-1.jpg
http://www.mediaite.com/online/wisc-university-stands-by-campaign-to-teach-diversity-by-writing-unfair-on-white-students-faces/
The University of Wisconsin Duluth-Superior is standing by a controversial campaign launched in 2012 to increase public awareness about racial favoritism by writing “unfair” on students’ faces along with a variety of grievances supposedly shared by minorities against Caucasians. The university released a statement last week defending the project and saying that the campaign is prepare to enter its second phase.

“The creative materials for the campaign’s initial phase, launched in January 2012, were designed to be very provocative,” reads a statement released by the University. “UW-Superior understood and expressed serious concern about the nature of these materials. However, rather than abandon a well-intentioned effort, UW-Superior chose to continue working with the other community partners to help refocus the campaign’s future direction.”

^F****** Idots!! I went to a GHETTO high school and 99% of Minorities in that school just didn't give a shit!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#26]
There really is nothing more disgusting than identity politics.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Sigh.  Yes, lets perpetuate reverse racism and make sure that we can't ever homogenize the American culture.

I guess there's a lot of money and power reliant on keeping divisiveness and hatred alive.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah..... it's a bit of an odd campaign (writing on people's faces? really?) but I think I may be of a different opinion. It seems to be more of a "check your privilege" sort of deal more than a "white people are guilty" type thing. Not saying that white people are causing black people to fail or other things that some people seem to take from it. Rather just recognize that simply by being part of the dominant culture, people don't have to deal with the crap that minorities deal with. That's not to say "we need affirmative action", or "white people are holding black people down", etc, etc. Which I know I'm going to get a strawman for. Just that being in the majority has it's privileges.

Being white I never had to deal with racism in a serious way. Does that mean that the dominant group (white people in this instance) is always the "aggressor"? No. There are plenty of minorities that have racist feelings too. Being of the majority, it honestly doesn't bug me a whole lot though. I can literally walk into the 99% of stores/jobs/etc. that would welcome me with open arms. Some of the perks of being in the majority. No need to feel bad about being white for it, just recognize and appreciate that the cosmic roll of the dice landed you in with a large amount of other people (part of the majority).
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#31]
The guy in the last pic is enslaving nose hairs as mustache hairs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#32]
White guilt alive and well and supported with my tax dollars
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Typical leftist college retardation at it's finest.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#34]
While we are at it, can we have the "black" kids write on their faces things like "Affirmative action", "free college ride", and "I took the spot of a smarter asian or white kid because of my skin color"
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Needs more

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
TPTB (the powers that be) want to stir up more racial hatred, so we will be killing our fellow Americans while they slink out the back door with the family silverware.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
While we are at it, can we have the "black" kids write on their faces things like "Affirmative action", "free college ride", and "I took the spot of a smarter asian or white kid because of my skin color"

True 'nough. At the same time, I've seen minorities be accused of "getting in" because of such policies when it simply wasn't the case and they were worthy on their own merits. Yet they were always viewed with an eye of suspicioun/had to deal with people who thought that about them almost constantly.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I think that film about the white guy that takes pills to darken his skin had James Whitmore in the starring role.  Oh wait, Giant Ants got him in Them!
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Dibs on 'Southern by birth, White by the grace of God'
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yeah..... it's a bit of an odd campaign (writing on people's faces? really?) but I think I may be of a different opinion. It seems to be more of a "check your privilege" sort of deal more than a "white people are guilty" type thing. Not saying that white people are causing black people to fail or other things that some people seem to take from it. Rather just recognize that simply by being part of the dominant culture, people don't have to deal with the crap that minorities deal with. That's not to say "we need affirmative action", or "white people are holding black people down", etc, etc. Which I know I'm going to get a strawman for. Just that being in the majority has it's privileges.

Being white I never had to deal with racism in a serious way. Does that mean that the dominant group (white people in this instance) is always the "aggressor"? No. There are plenty of minorities that have racist feelings too. Being of the majority, it honestly doesn't bug me a whole lot though. I can literally walk into the 99% of stores/jobs/etc. that would welcome me with open arms. Some of the perks of being in the majority. No need to feel bad about being white for it, just recognize and appreciate that the cosmic roll of the dice landed you in with a large amount of other people (part of the majority).

These types of campaigns do nothing but perpetuate the vicious cycle of victimization.  There is nothing redeeming or healthy about this, and it hurts minorities more than anything.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I propose that all white students wear blackface for a day as a learning exercise.

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

White guilt baffles me.

Same here, hell I dont even feel guilty about things I did do!

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Meh my family owned slaves, and I give 0 fucks. I have 0 guilt, and to be honest could give a fuck less about the grievances of a bunch of whiny bitches of any color.

Blame the fucking Dutch.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#44]
It's hard to believe just how many dumb fucking parents are out there who are paying for this.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#45]
demonization of whites continues apace. To be followed by genocide within a generation. This is why we must remain armed no matter what. They (who ever they are) may wipe us out but they will pay dearly for the exercise.

Was Society set up for whites....Of course because WE SET THE COUNTRY UP. but of course they ignore that we also ALLOW OTHERS TO ENJOY WHAT WE WORKED HARD TO DO. that just does not fit the meme of evil whitey.

losers.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

These types of campaigns do nothing but perpetuate the vicious cycle of victimization.  There is nothing redeeming or healthy about this, and it hurts minorities more than anything.

I don't necessarily view it as "victimizing" white people (though wtf is up about writing on people's faces), more of "just recognize you have some privilege". Nothing to feel bad about. From what I see written:

"Lucky that people see us, not a color."
"You don't see my color before you see my face. You don't judge me before you know me.  You don't secretly hope that I stay out of your neighborhood."

I do think that minorities have a "minority burden". Where they are judged as being "representatives" of their race/gender/orientation/etc. Something that being part of the majority is generally not expected of us. I've very rarely if ever had anybody judge me for being white before they get to know me as a person. If they did, I had a majority of people to turn to. I'm usually judged by who I am and not automatically as a "white greedy honky racist" by a majority of people (though I know there are people who do view me as those things automatically, I still have a majority to turn to). I'm not an automatic representative for all white people. It's just recognizing the privilege that you got, nothing to feel bad about.

I don't agree with affirmative action and the like. See previous post.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't necessarily view it as "victimizing" white people (though wtf is up about writing on people's faces), more of "just recognize you have some privilege". Nothing to feel bad about. From what I see written:

"You don't see my color before you see my face. You don't judge me before you know me.  You don't secretly hope that I stay out of your neighborhood."

I do think that minorities have a "minority burden". Where they are judged as being "representatives" of their race/gender/orientation/etc. Something that being part of the majority is generally not expected of us. I've very rarely if ever had anybody judge me for being white before they get to know me as a person. If they did, I had a majority of people to turn to. I'm usually judged by who I am and not automatically as a "white greedy honky racist" by a majority of people (though I know there are people who do view me as those things automatically, I still have a majority to turn to). I'm not an automatic representative for all white people. It's just recognizing the privilege that you got, nothing to feel bad about.

Mind reading is among your skills?
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I wish I were a dog so that the ATF could just shoot me.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mind reading is among your skills?

Yes. jk. No, of course not. If they did I rarely if ever recognized it and even if they did judge me negatively, which I recognized in the earlier post, I still had a majority of people who wouldn't (judge me beforehand).
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top