Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2009 7:19:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#1]
My dog (bull mastiff) has been fertilizing all winter.  At two craps a day for about 4 months, thats about a quarter ton of "fertilizer".

I started pickup duty yesterday...I need to hire a service, I hate pooper-scooping.

As far as gardening, I am going to try the square foot gardening method, several folks at arfcom have recommended it and I want raised beds.  If you want a break from shoveling out cash for fertilizer, you can come over and help shovel shit or soil, take your pick.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, fertilizer prices went sky high at the end of season last year and haven't fallen much at all.  Believe me, there isn't much margin on fertilizer –– you wouldn't be saving much with an employee discount.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've gotten a good head start on the winter recovery.

I've already spread 9 yards of mulch, it really made the place look much better, especially the front yard.
I need another 3 yards and I'll be all done.
I sucked up the pine needles that were laying all over my back yard.
The ground was soft enough last weekend that I could scrape 2-3" off a berm and flatten out around my well pipe.
The water used to pool around the well pipe, now I have it raised near the pipe.
I bet I have picked up 200 lbs of dog poop as it came out of hiding from the melting snow.
Our puppy chewed my wife's 4' Japanese red maple, she wasn't too happy.

Now if the grass would only start growing,,,,,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top