Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 2:56:13 PM EDT
I have a server at home running Windows Server 2012R2 with the "Essentials Experience Pack" (or whatever it's called) installed.  Server gets used for client PC backups and media streaming (through PLEX).  Right now the system drive is a small SSD and the media drives are in a storage pool, simple no redundancy, with a 2TB, a 1TB and a 500GB drive (with roughly 2.5TB of media right now).  System drive backs up to an external hard drive and the media storage space doesn't get backed up (as everything on it is also on the HTPC--at least that's the theory).  I'd like to add some sort of redundancy/backup for the media files on the server.

Should I do that by mirroring two drives in a storage pool (and still backing the system drive up to the external HDD) or by backing everything up to another big drive?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Look into CrashPlan online backup. It is pretty cheap and offers unlimited storage. Might take a while for the initial backup, but subsequent backups would be faster. I prefer to have off-site backups, since they are less vulnerable to certain viruses like cryptovirus, etc.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:44:24 AM EDT
[#2]
In this case zoolz backup is what you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top