Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 5:21:36 AM EDT
Can someone offer a little windows ME/ Internet Explorer help? Whenever I go to Google search or yahoo search and enter a word in, it lists all the previous searches that begin with the same first letter that I have searched for in the past. That's really annoying me and was wondering how I can get it to stop doing that. I tried deleting all the cookies I could find, but no luck. I also deleted the history and temp files. Maybe I missed some? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kingfish
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
This is what "Google" recommends to fix your problem. Good Luck and let me know if it works.

"If you want to clear your previous searches from the drop down text box:

Click on the Google logo to access the drop down menu.
Choose the Clear Search History option. This will clear all the previous searches out of the drop down box.
Note: this clears your Toolbar's search history, which is different from clearing your browser's search history. To clear your Internet Explorer browser's history:

Click the browser's Tools menu.
Select Internet Options... (the last entry in the list).
Click the General tab.
Click the Clear History button. To completely disable the history function, change the "Days to keep pages in history" to 0 (zero.)"

(edited to add: I believe the instruction to click the google logo to access drop down menu pertains to users utilizing the Google Toolbar as opposed to www.google.com).
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip.  I have that problem on my home PC so I will give it a try when I get back tonight.  I'll let you know if it works. Thanks again.  --Kingfish
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top