Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2002 12:35:41 AM EDT
[:\]
Was fiddling with Local Sec Settings.  Saw under Local Policies-->Sec Options-->

(the switch for)
"Automatically Log Off Users when logon time expires"

Question:
Looking at this particular setting.  There should be a way of enabling a time setting for say the Guest account (or etc) an allotted logon time.  The end of which forces a log off and need for logging on again.  So where's the blooming setting for this?  If any?  I've been looking around and I can't find anything.

I feel like this: [stick]

And yes I checked the Properties for Accounts and there's no time allotment property.  And this certainly isn't in the Account Lockout as that pertains to password authentication Lockout upon failure.

Help please.  Hopefully you guys in this mayhem of a computer world will get the usual: [thinking]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm more of a Unix guy myself but this might be what you are looking for.  [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/564.asp[/url]

I believe this applys to when you set hours of opporation for a office or location.  Say you only want a certain group of people to log in between the hours of 8-5.  Without turning on auto logoff they could work past 5 on the computer.  With auto logoff enabled the user would be logged off at 5.  Did that make any sense?
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]
[V]  yes you're right.  I was hopping there was a way to do what i mentioned.  This really, as you said, pertains to hours of operation which was set.  Interestingly though, it's for a local policy.  I'd expect something like this in server.  But then again, I can see uses for it in Workgroups.  Thanks for the clarification.

Quoted:
I'm more of a Unix guy myself but this might be what you are looking for.  [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gp/564.asp[/url]

I believe this applys to when you set hours of opporation for a office or location.  Say you only want a certain group of people to log in between the hours of 8-5.  Without turning on auto logoff they could work past 5 on the computer.  With auto logoff enabled the user would be logged off at 5.  Did that make any sense?
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top