Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 2:36:40 PM EDT
...making movies.

Suicide Squad just hit HBO. I watched is yesterday afternoon. Worse than I remembered.

Lotta flash and no substance. Kind of how I feel when I see the previews for Wonder Woman and Justice League.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hail Hydra
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
They love to hire people with no vision on dead end properties, non-writing writers, over budget and managed to even over spend, randomly have the studio hire and fire everyone, and let a blind old lady edit the film using scissors and shitty tape. 

It's formulaic. It's like poetry, it rhymes. It's so dense; every single frame has so many things going on. It took 12 years to make. 

DC is still better than Sony. For now. 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
So Wonder Woman is their Cap, Batman is their Stark, Aquaman their version of Thor. Cyborg is closer to Iron Man in ability.

Just seems like Marvel beat them to the punch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...making movies.
Suicide Squad just hit HBO. I watched is yesterday afternoon. Worse than I remembered.
Lotta flash and no substance. Kind of how I feel when I see the previews for Wonder Woman and Justice League.
View Quote
Well, sometimes, they turn out good, and sometimes not. I"m not going to stop anyone. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
And THAT'S not even her good side...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
OP

Just dont watch them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I kind of liked Suicide Squad.  It wasn't a good movie, but it was brain candy.  I usually have two metrics for a movie: Did I enjoy it, and was it a good movie?  It was not a good movie, but I enjoyed it.

Batman vs Superman wasn't very good either.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Suicide Squad wasn't GoG, but I still enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I just wish they made every DC movie to the same level as The Dark Knight trilogy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's like poetry, it rhymes. It's so dense; every single frame has so many things going on. 
View Quote
FUCK YOU, RICK BERMANN

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#12]
i agree.

it really sucked.

they could have done so much with it but instead the created a disjointed mess.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I rather liked suicide squad actually. A bit of mindless fun. BTW Deadshot's blinged-out AR is completely real, not just a prop.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hail Hydra
View Quote
 FPNI
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i agree.

it really sucked.

they could have done so much with it but instead the created a disjointed mess.
View Quote
Watch the deleted scenes. There was more to the story, and specifically the Joker and Harley, that wasn't shown in theatres. I do agree the movie really sucked, and on the surface it had no depth to its plot or characters. They tried to fit so much in 2hrs time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
World ending level threat?

Throw some T&A at it, and people who shoot guns real good.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Making movies by committee does NOT work.  EVER.  

Too bad DC is loaded with too many feels and not enough vision.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#19]
@DCComics: Stop.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So Wonder Woman is their Cap, Batman is their Stark, Aquaman their version of Thor. Cyborg is closer to Iron Man in ability.

Just seems like Marvel beat them to the punch.
View Quote
Historically they beat Marvel to the punch. They just suck and always have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
@DCComics: Stop.
View Quote
I've tried watching it 3 times.  I keep switching channels about 2/3rds the way through.  

There's a scene where Will Smith is blowing away the caviar turd warriors left and right with single head shots - pow pow pow.  10 minutes later people are complaining about how the caviar turd warriors can take a head shot with no effect.  At that point I get confused and bored and change the channel.

I figure they had different people writing and directing different parts of the movie and sort of just smooshed the parts together and hoped it would work.  Sort of like in the original TRON, where people turn from red to yellow randomly halfway through the movie.  Turns out they had like 100 animators hand painting in the color on each cell in the US, and another 200 hand painting cells in the Philippines - and they forgot to make sure they were all painting the right colors.  When they realized the mistake, they just said "too late - fuck it" and didn't try to fix it.

Oh another Suicide Squad side rant: what's with the Suicide Squad member who's super power is that he can climb stuff really well?  What kind of shitty special ability is that?  Too bad he didn't stick around longer, I bet that could have really saved the day.  I think he was only in there to make the "I can get drunk and still throw a boomerang" guy look good in comparison.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I didn't think Suicide Squad or Batman v Superman were as bad as they were made out to be, but I did see the longer versions that were released after the movie was no longer in theaters. Supposedly the post theatrical versions are better.
View Quote
Therein lies the problem. If they would release the better versions, perhaps there wouldn't be so much butt hurt.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They love to hire people with no vision on dead end properties, non-writing writers, over budget and managed to even over spend, randomly have the studio hire and fire everyone, and let a blind old lady edit the film using scissors and shitty tape. 

It's formulaic. It's like poetry, it rhymes. It's so dense; every single frame has so many things going on. It took 12 years to make. 

DC is still better than Sony. For now. 
View Quote
Red Letter Media fan?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Therein lies the problem. If they would release the better versions, perhaps there wouldn't be so much butt hurt.
View Quote

Studios always insist on shorter run times since the general public is retarded.

I also watched SS when it hit cable last week.  Sucked ass.

I actually liked Batman v Superman though, flame suit on.  I own the better, longer version.  I was dead set on hating it due to Ben Affleck being in it but while I am mostly a Marvel fan I like Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman a lot.

Worst parts of Suicide Squad for me were, in order:

1.  New joker sucks.  
2.  Villain sucked.
3.  Will Smith.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Just watch DC's animated movies that Warner Bros. puts out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I actually liked Batman v Superman though, flame suit on.  I own the better, longer version.  I was dead set on hating it due to Ben Affleck being in it but while I am mostly a Marvel fan I like Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman a lot.
View Quote
yeah, i watched it with zero expectations after the hype and hatery had died down, and was pleasantly surprised.  i went in thinking the WW concept was not going to play well, but she turned out to be the best part of the movie.  rest of it was enjoyable also, if a little off the wall.

that said, suicide squad was just stupid.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Could that same person please tell Marvel and Netflix to stop making boring superhero shows. They all suck big time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#28]
They've been sucking balls

While Marvel puts out awesome flick after awesome flick.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#29]
They will stop as soon as these movies start becoming flops for them.

Next planned DC movie: Batgirl to be helmed by no other than Joss Whedon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#30]
If y'all can't appreciate this movie on SOME level, then I got some bad news for ya...

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#31]
have not seen it.

one major trend in movies is the absolutely love of CGI, special effects. long long scenes of CGI masturbation its like the producers/directores fall in love with the technology and just let the folks doing the work run amok doing all kinds of over-the-top stuff to the extent that some moves are almost no plot and all effects.

i want a story. good stories rule, GOT, vikings, breaking bad, better call saul, band of brothers. give me a good story with interesting characters. and based on what seems to be successful im not alone. what seems to make iron man a bit better than the run-of-the-mill comic books to movies is the iron man main character is interesting, not unlike the guy who plays wolverine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#32]
They just need to make a few more character gay.  That will fix things.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA: I heard they are making a Harley Quinn spin-off.  Now THAT'S a movie I'm going to see!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
 FPNI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hail Hydra
 FPNI
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#35]
M-3 Stuarts taking out Panthers and Tiger Is.  

But it'll all be CGI.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#36]
If you told me that was a young Jeremy Renner, I'd believe you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I have high hopes for Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#38]
DC Comics doesn't make the movies, Warner Brothers does.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I've watched the entire directors cut and still didn't like it. Most of the characters don't even have super powers or even super technology like Batman or Ironman. There were more scenes of the joker, but it made him look more like a sprung lunatic than a supervillain.

The SEAL's blast away at the mindless minions with their automatic rifles, with no effect, get tossed and struggle. Not to worry, here comes Katana with a Katana to cut the enemy down, Captain Boomerang with a boomerang to smash them to pieces, and Harley Quinn with her wooden baseball bat and blinged Rhino revolver to save the day. And DeadShot with his wrist glocks and super AR, he can solo the enemy and save the SEALs without breaking a sweat. Lets not forget the guy with a skin condition that makes him look like a crocodile, he bites and melees the enemy to death. I like super hero movies, but this was just super lame.

I liked Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman though. And I don't understand why BvS had such bad reviews; I thought it had decent character development and Affleck was surprisingly good. I thought I would hate his Batman, but I was surprised. He doesn't come off like a playboy playing superhero. Aflfeck's batman is tormented by his past and realizes at the end that he slid to the point of becoming what he hated most. He was a very relatable character and played it well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#40]
The wife and I watched it last night.  About half way through we paused it to get up and stretch a bit.

We said to each other "I'm glad I didn't pay $8 to see this at the theater."
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#41]
If that woman hadn't been in the cast, the movie would have tanked.

It was putrid.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Shitty superhero movies is nothing new.

I do wish they would stop their current trend of  letting 14 year olds write the jokes for them though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've watched the entire directors cut and still didn't like it. Most of the characters don't even have super powers or even super technology like Batman or Ironman. There were more scenes of the joker, but it made him look more like a sprung lunatic than a supervillain.

The SEAL's blast away at the mindless minions with their automatic rifles, with no effect, get tossed and struggle. Not to worry, here comes Katana with a Katana to cut the enemy down, Captain Boomerang with a boomerang to smash them to pieces, and Harley Quinn with her wooden baseball bat and blinged Rhino revolver to save the day. And DeadShot with his wrist glocks and super AR, he can solo the enemy and save the SEALs without breaking a sweat. Lets not forget the guy with a skin condition that makes him look like a crocodile, he bites and melees the enemy to death. I like super hero movies, but this was just super lame.

I liked Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman though. And I don't understand why BvS had such bad reviews; I thought it had decent character development and Affleck was surprisingly good. I thought I would hate his Batman, but I was surprised. He doesn't come off like a playboy playing superhero. Aflfeck's batman is tormented by his past and realizes at the end that he slid to the point of becoming what he hated most. He was a very relatable character and played it well.
View Quote

I guess I liked his Batman just because it was not the "I can not hurt anyone" Batman.  I was sold the instant his car came out guns blazing wasting all the Russians.  I credit the writers and not Affleck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top