Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 5:26:08 AM EDT
Today's paper. This is being considered to counteract the drug wars we all know about. What is the best solution? I say hunt them down. Make it a deadly offense or SoS offense to be trafficking or in possession of drugs or guns since it is already soooooooo lawless.

Oh, and by the way, the "vacation in beautiful Mexico" tv commercials are not going to work....unless you have no urge to live.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
NO they wont because then the drug cartel will run the government
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't see how Mexico's legalization of drugs will make things better.

From *what I understand* most of their profit comes from bringing those drugs across the US border....

am I wrong?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Marijuana is de facto decriminalized already in Mexico - available to anyone who knows where to look or knows a local well enough to ask.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
It seems that it is fairly difficult to get in trouble for drug activity in Mexico, so for all intents and purposes, drugs are lalready legal there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:47:07 AM EDT
[#6]
It would be a good thing for the US.

We would be able to return the favor of illegal immigrants by taking a US druggie dump and flushing it to Mexico.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's the illegal trade here that is a root cause.

Thats where the profits come from, however if mexico gave up on their war against the cartels and made it legal in their country, a lot of the violence would go away. It would just move north.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:50:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Portugal decriminalized all drugs and now has virtually no drug crime and less people using.  Tax payer's money is being spent on better things than and endless fight that can never be won.  Even Amsterdam has less people smoking weed per capita than here in the US.

In short: if we decriminalize drugs then the we win the war.  It is not the role of government to regulate morality.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:52:01 AM EDT
[#9]
As much as I think drug prohibition is BS, legalising drugs in Mexico will do nothing to stop te violence.
The drug routes into the US will still be a prized possesion so long as the US doesnt regulate its own drug market.

Even if the US regulates its drug market the cartels wil just switch to extortion rackets in Mexico, because the average Juan is unarmed.

In short Mexico needs THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS that is not dependant on the whim of some corrupt official.
This is the very right Calderon wants to deny law abiding Americans, so fuck you Calderon you freedom hating fuck !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top