Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/28/2020 12:12:25 PM EDT
Is this what is gonna kill off many of the leachers and moochers in society?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
We can only hope. With my compromised immune system and missing half of a lung, I’ll certainly die from it. Even so, I hope that it puts the Earth back into an equilibrium.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I expect it to shake up the Chinese government a lot more than it shakes up ours.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#4]
lol fuck no
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Not even, meh just like the flu.

The flu is much worse.

The hype is the problem
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I expect it to shake up the Chinese government a lot more than it shakes up ours.
View Quote
Im betting the Chinese government is using it to get rid of dissidents.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
By April, nobody will be talking about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
No, but lets see how the theorized permanent effects on the lungs and reproductive system play out first.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The odds of it being the catalyst are increasing each day due to economic fallout.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...and they might use it change the dynamic with Hong Kong in their favor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assumed it was the old people they were working on.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Health-wise, it’s going to take out a few of the folks the seasonal flu doesn’t get. Economically, and possibly politically, it’s going to be a major shake up for some countries.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#13]
No way. The economic fallout could spiral out of control and bring about the big igloo though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#14]
One can only dream ...  however this isn’t that lethal based on the numbers presented by PATHOLOGIST Chris Martenson, he does  say though that based on the numbers it is more lethal than the flu despite the self  proclaimed  experts on ARF.com who aren’t pathologists .

Having said that it has the potential to crater the global economy and has already done a number on China which in turn will negatively impact the US.  This is just another reason why we shouldn’t rely on other countries as our manufacturing base. Especially our enemies
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
One could only be so lucky.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Usually ARFCOM goes full retard over anything.  We (including myself) look for stuff to get excited about.  But I am admittedly confused about this one.  The reactions by .gov's does not match the facts.  The media is openly saying not to panic, but it takes up so much of the news it makes me anxious.  And on top of that most of the GD experts are saying not to panic, while the preppers are telling us what to have in our BOBs.  Full threads on different types of masks.

Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh. Maybe, maybe not.

Everyone thinks it will take out some "other" age group, economic class, geographical location, lever of preparedness or whatever except for the group they are in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#19]
What it really is, is a convenient route for the stock market reset, which has had vastly overinflated values.

Other than that, not really a big deal.  From the epedimic researchers I know, SARS was much worse than this is. And that didnt do much to us.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What it really is, is a convenient route for the stock market reset, which has had vastly overinflated values
View Quote
^^^^
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]
This could get pretty uncomfortable, but my money's on November.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#22]
It's like having a wet dream while wearing a tin foil hat.  Yes it's a GD thing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
They can, but the poor management of the crisis directly affects people's confidence in the CCP. Most people ignore the party's abuses as long as it can provide social stability and economic prosperity, and even an authoritarian government needs some level of cooperation from the people it rules.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Just like the flu?

Lol, can cause pneumonia and permanent lung damage.  Even shown to cause infertility in men. What if this fucker mutates
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not even, meh just like the flu.

The flu is much worse.

The hype is the problem
View Quote
10/10 trolling
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#26]
No. Even if it gets a foothold in the USA it will only kill boomers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Two more weeks and no one will even give a shit about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#29]
No, but it would be entertaining to watch the "Tide pod with Flavorade" preventive treatment and cure go viral.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#30]
It’s definitely more serious than the flu, but not that everyone is starting to freak out about it they will start overreacting and taking precautions. This will dramatically slow the spread of the virus. It won’t get too bad here.

One thing I do worry about is NYC. The thing about California is even though we have huge cities, it’s still quite spread out. People aren’t on top of each other like they are in NYC. We don’t ride subways either, everyone has a car. I’m a little worried about NYC, Chicago and other very congested cities.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It’s definitely more serious than the flu, but not that everyone is starting to freak out about it they will start overreacting and taking precautions. This will dramatically slow the spread of the virus. It won’t get too bad here.

One thing I do worry about is NYC. The thing about California is even though we have huge cities, it’s still quite spread out. People aren’t on top of each other like they are in NYC. We don’t ride subways either, everyone has a car. I’m a little worried about NYC, Chicago and other very congested cities.
View Quote
Zero confirmed cases in the entire states of NY and NJ, so far.  I work blocks away from China Town.  I volunteer to be the GD's canary in the Manhattan coal mine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Fantasy is right. All of these stupid, immature fantasies with end of the world scenarios and Civil War wet dreams, WWIII, and other nonsense is ridiculous. These idiots really want to experience death, destruction, and suffering on a world wide order. They think that if these scenarios happened, that they would be safe and secure in their basement or attics, while their supplies of bottled water and Mountain House freeze dried delicacies dwindles down to empty plastic buckets, would be fun and stimulating. Or, the stench of their lack of hygiene and  the infections and diseases that would be eating away at their decaying bodies would be wonderful? Yeah right.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is this what is gonna kill off many of the leachers and moochers in society?
View Quote
Not even close.  It will create MORE leeches as the media beats the doom drum daily, and tries to convince everyone that Gov't dependence can be their ONLY savior out of this "disaster".

It's what liberals do:
1) Create a crisis
2) Conveniently present themselves (and their increased power/decreased liberty) as the only saviors that can save us from the crisis.

I'm much more concerned about people's irrational reactions to the virus, more than the virus itself.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe it will help with my Gout issue.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#35]
This is way more contagious than the flu, but less deadlier. By summer this will be in the rear view mirror..
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#36]
fuck all these goddamned corona threads holy shit y'all need a fuckin bong hit and handful of xanax for fucks sake
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Lol no.

Bunch of panicking retards believing every news channel they see is the real problem.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is way more contagious than the flu, but less deadlier. By summer this will be in the rear view mirror..
View Quote
Gonna go out on a limb here and say April.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Zero confirmed cases in the entire states of NY and NJ, so far.  I work blocks away from China Town.  I volunteer to be the GD's canary in the Manhattan coal mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whuddup my nyc homie, bronx here.

At worst I might get the sniffles, then all out sick and be a bum on the couch watching netflix.  The panic here is beyond retard levels
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#41]
It's disturbing how many here on ARFcom have fallen for the media hype and the weaponized reporting on this.  I'm not overly concerned about the virus at this point, I'm more concerned about the reaction that people are having to the reporting; the media is still dictating their behavior...
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL, the worst is yet to come. Far from it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doom, I say!  Dooooooooooom!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's disturbing how many here on ARFcom have fallen for the media hype and the weaponized reporting on this.  I'm not overly concerned about the virus at this point, I'm more concerned about the reaction that people are having to the reporting; the media is still dictating their behavior...
View Quote
Fucking this

ShareBlue_bois  gonna be putting in some overtime
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#45]
A larger concern, to me at least, is the damage the crashing stock market and economic slowdown that could result would influence the Election.  The Obama ran on, and won, the 2012 election primarily because he promised the millions of unemployed in a recession that he would extend their .gov benefits for many more months.  The communist party, aka the democrats, has already promised free this and free that, if we go into an economic crash with rising unemployment people can easily be swayed by candidates promising free money and no more worries.  When you are broke, losing your home, car and have no insurance the crazy communist promising to fix all your problems with free everything if you elect him starts looking real good to a lot of desperate people.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.  I think we're a good 4 months out from seeing an visible upturn on this.  We haven't even seen much in the way of communal blooms yet, almost entirely direct contact/travel cases.

If we get some promising news on an effective treatment or vaccine, that could shorten the cycle, but they're predicting a vaccine is at least a year away from general availability.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
the worst of the dumbass threads posting insane conspiracy shit...yes.

Worst of some world ending virus? No.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
By April, nobody will be talking about it.
View Quote
hope you are right
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

At worst I might get the sniffles, then all out sick and be a bum on the couch watching netflix.  The panic here is beyond retard levels
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Total retardation.  Not a single case confirmed and the office is buzzing with work from home scenarios.  24 hour cable news needs an off switch.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably May.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top