Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2007 11:27:43 PM EDT
Geez! What an F`d up flick! NEVER go on a private island with a bunch of pagan chicks!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a remake of a older version , He should have opened fire when he was being
surrounded at the end. They probably still would have got him but at least he would have a taken a few of them out also. Same thing in the old version
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He should have opened fire when he was being
surrounded at the end. They probably still would have got him but at least he would have a taken a few of them out also.

They stripped the rounds from his magazine when he was knocked out.

I had high hopes for this flick then it fell flat. They had such a great opportunity to explain more about the cult and did not.
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually liked the movie quite a bit, I just don`t want to go to any islands off of Washington...
I like my legs un-broken...
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The remake was crap. The butchered edit of the original was crap. The long version of the original is a masterpiece. He couldn't have opened fire because I don't believe he carried.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't like it that much.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmLkH322Ro

Everything you need to know about The Wicker Man.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
It was horrifying - but for the same reasons as the Blair Witch Project: the amount of incredible lapses of judgment by the heroes who ought to know better...

For example, not telling someone (your fellow cops) of your destination, when you expect to be back, etc. then, hitching a ride on a plane rather than say, renting your own boat/means of escape should something sinister be afoot.

Not taking extra mags or equipment for survival - better comm gear for one, or a knife.

By the time he was on the run with the little girl he was already dead... even if he had saved an 'extra' mag for his gun, he was outnumbered 100 to 1.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#8]
If he had thought to check his weapon [which they never do] and brought extra mags......them women would have died with some really silly looks on their faces.

I liked the first one better...more of a battle of wills and beliefs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#9]
That was all kind of messed up
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
The movie made no sense to me and here is why:

1.  WHY COULDN'T HE TELL FROM THE WEIGHT OF HIS PISTOL THAT THE MAG WAS EMPTY?  Come on..I can tell right away when picking up any of my pistols whether the magazine is full or not.

2.  DIDN'T HE TELL HIS FRIEND WHERE HE WAS GOING AT THE START?  HE TRIED TO CALL HIM AND COULDN"T GET THROUGH SO WHEN HE COMES UP MISSING COULDN'T THEY HAVE FOUND THE CELL PHONE TOWER WHERE THE LAST CALL WAS MADE FROM AND FIGURED OUT IT WAS NEAR THE ISLAND? HE MUST HAVE MARRIAGE LICENSE WITH HER NAME ON IT, TRACE HIM NEAR THE ISLAND HIS WIFE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF IT...SEEMS PRETTY EASY TO ME.

3.  WHY DIDN"T HE CALL THE WASHINGTON STATE POLICE?  IT MAKES NO SENSE.  HE WAS NEITHER EQUIPED NOR DID HE HAVE JURISDICTION ON THAT ISLAND TO HANDLE A MISSING CHILD CASE.  

4.  THE MINUTE HE FOUND IT WAS HIS CHILD HE SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO THE MAINLAND AND CONTACTED THE STATE POLICE.

The whole movie made me sick...like a bunch of women could really get one over a man like that. haha..not in this century.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Britt Ekland wasn’t in the movie and it wasn’t rated R.

That drove me away in seconds.

Oh, yeah.  I have the original on DVD.  I can’t get beyond Chapter 8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top