Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2002 4:50:51 PM EDT
Please tell me it is a Vast Left Wing Conspiracy

The minutes it takes to load each page is doing what even my Wife couldn't do.....That is, breaking me of the AR15 habit.

GB, please do something!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like it has been slow ever since the SHOT Show crash....
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll chip in a few bucks for some server hardware or web hosting fees.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This site is so slow because of all the bandwidth eating spam threads.  Like this one.
View Quote

Check the number of threads and responses on all the forums, they are way down.  It's not the bandwidth.  

And somebody who has 1500 posts in only 8 months probably knows a thing or two about spam.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeh, DoubleFeed, what Redmanfms said!

Thanks GB, I was worried that maybe Fat Rosie O had gained control of my computer.......phew, what a relief
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Well at least I know its not all Comcasts fault on this site...but I know for a fact that since Comecast took over for .@Home my cable modem has seriously slowed down. It annoys me that they can do this as this speed is not what they used to get me to sign on...almost like a bait and switch...I'm waiting for the class action lawsuit someone will bring on them [:(!]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 6:54:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Just grab a legal type off the board, I'm sure there has to be at least one here. Then tear up the hosting contract with a failure to provide adequate service speech and yer out out like that. Should be just a tele call.

Not really sure about "Thebiz.com" though. Are they the actual host or is it the last hop on the routers?

If you need any help dumping the obligation give me a shout, you have the address.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top