Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 2:14:42 PM EDT
Seriously,

In a single afternoon I could figure out how to use an RC TX & RX system with a ESC and cobble up a bomb.   Also I could order most of it online the same day.

Why in the fuck do the media try and parlay this into something that it isn't?  Too me it was an older brother that went Wahhabi full retard and a younger brother that would follow his idiot older brother no matter what.

Little dweeb didn't try to killify himself he got shot up the night before.

Also I'm not really impressed with the flash bang grenades landing on the foredeck of the boat when he was curled up around the inboard engine cowl. Really? Is that the best our highly trained Leo's could do???  If so give me my tax dollars back!

Is it about ratings or are most peeps are too fucking dumb to think for themselves, dragging out the obvious?  Fuck I dunno we lost a lot of people in Texas and nobody says shit?

Something is FUBAR here!  

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel the same way. I keep hearing about how they had to have been trained. In this country we have a whole day dedicated to blowing shit up, for freedom. Not hard to figure people in other places blow shit up in their back yards too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The fact the older Douchebag went over seas and the Russians waned the US repeatedly might have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
OK yeah cause the RC hobby is so prevalent in Chechnya, you know with all that disposable income that makes it such a popular hobby there.    

You are a Super Sleuth for sure! I would hate to  go head to head with you on Clue.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I also think they were trained. And guided. And helped.

I hope the Feds do continue to track down and burn out any of these helpers like the cancers they are.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
They have to make them evil-er.  Also, just read that the family was on welfare. So if they bought the bomb making materials with their EBT cards, does this make this a U.S. sponsored act of terrorism (against the U.S.)?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess a lot of people just don't fucking get it.  If it can't be pinned on an outside organization and the media hones in on the fact that this is a true home grown Islamic action then the administration is fucked.

They have bent over backwards to appease Muslims and don't have the balls to call Mosques as centers of terror and to call out the supposed "moderate muslims" to police their own.  That shit aint working and I'm sure lots of people  headed to Rehab to learn to walk again would also have some terse words regarding being PC and not profiling.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a shit load of WTF in this case. All that bullshit pulling people out of their houses at gun point when there was a blood trail as reported. Doesn't Boston have dogs that could have followed the trail?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
It might be because there are lots of attempts that fail. These guys actually did something that worked.

I could modify a cell phone as needed in several minutes I suppose. The fuse or blasting caps would be the hard part. But it is common for bombs to fail, or kill their creaters.

In fact, Obama's composite girlfriend seems to be modeled on Ayer's girlfriend who was killed when her bomb went off. Ayers is a smart dude, as were most of the Weathermen terrorists I suspect.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I hope the Feds do continue to track down and burn out any of these helpers like the cancers they are.

And you know what?
Chances are we won't find out that much more about that.

Why?
Because the survivor was his older brother's little puppy dog and followed him into this bullshit.

And doesn't really know what was going on behind the scenes.
Bank on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess a lot of people just don't fucking get it.  If it can't be pinned on an outside organization and the media hones in on the fact that this is a true home grown Islamic action then the administration is fucked.

They have bent over backwards to appease Muslims and don't have the balls to call Mosques as centers of terror and to call out the supposed "moderate muslims" to police their own.  That shit aint working and I'm sure lots of people  headed to Rehab to learn to walk again would also have some terse words regarding being PC and not profiling.

The administration has issues as is, home grown or otherwise. The fact that it is islamic is the key problem for them. Either a) they failed to stop al Quida or b) it is a wider issue then al Quida. Neither answer is the one they want.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you know what?

Why?
Because the survivor was his older brother's little puppy dog and followed him into this bullshit.

Bank on it.

Or he could be lying. But he isn't the only source of info.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Guys think about it for just one minute please!

If these two Jersey Shore Wannabes can't be tied to some international ring and be a combo of Carlos the Jackal, Jason Bourne and OO7 morphed into some highly trained Chenya terroristas, then how fucking stupid does the FBI, BPD, ATF, DHS and every other group look when shutting down a city and trashing thousands of people rights.

If your ass was in charge how would you want it to play out in the media?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you know what?

Why?

Bank on it.
e

Emails, contacts, the Russian connection... If it's there, our people will find it.

Whether they choose to tell us they found it is another story.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Because it makes for a more interesting story.

What's a better plot for a movie: two scruffy amateurs commit a crime, make stupid mistakes and get apprehended/deaded quickly, or a well-organized terrorist group launches a sophisticated attack on the country, of which this is only the opening shot?

They're called news stories for a reason: they're narratives, infused with more than a bit of fiction, and the media aren't averse to playing loose with the truth if it makes for a better plot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you know what?

Why?

Bank on it.

Or he could be lying. But he isn't the only source of info.

All I'm saying is the guy with the good info got shot full of holes & run over.
I expect AQ types are pretty well compartmentalized and I doubt the 19 year old was the guy in the know.

So we should just feed him to the sharks.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't suppose we will ever know the truth of this.
There's more wtf in this story than anything else that's come along.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The fact the older Douchebag went over seas and the Russians waned the US repeatedly might have something to do with it.

That, and the whole "pattern recognition/quacks like a duck" thing - progressively radicalized member of a religion, antipersonnel device consistent with IED construction overseas right out of "Inspire" magazine, the not altogether peaceful reputation of Chechnyan young adults...

Many people have RC helicopters in pieces due to hamfisted flying. There are Wal-Marts around every town with cooking implements and ingredients to make "Mother of Satan" (yea, I know fireworks were speculatively used for Boston).  Despite that, most rednecks maim themselves just fine with garden-variety pipe bombs. We had a couple guys around here do that very thing to themselves the night before the Boston Marathon.  They were making IEDs to go fishing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OK yeah cause the RC hobby is so prevalent in Chechnya, you know with all that disposable income that makes it such a popular hobby there.    

You are a Super Sleuth for sure! I would hate to  go head to head with you on Clue.

After reading ^ this^ that would be wise. If however a game called Clueless comes along you'll have a legit chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top