User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why is the Ford Raptor so expensive?

Marketing, baby.
Why would someone come in to this thread, after 2 pages of mostly informative posts, and post something like this?

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketing, baby.
Why would someone come in to this thread, after 2 pages of mostly informative posts, and post something like this?

Cause Tards can't do research on how much certain parts cost.  How does a LaRue OBR cost so much more than a DPMS

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketing, baby.

Cause Tards can't do research how much certain parts cost.  How does a LaRue OBR cost so much more than a DPMS

Marketing, baby.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketing, baby.

Cause Tards can't do research how much certain parts cost.  How does a LaRue OBR cost so much more than a DPMS

Marketing, baby.

OK so what does and FX4suspension have in common with a SVT Raptors
ETA: did you all look at the pics of suspension we posted.  You will see where the extra cost went.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketing, baby.

Marketing, baby.

Don't ask me.  I'm in marketing, baby.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketing, baby.

Marketing, baby.

With no usefull input to said thread.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketing, baby.

Marketing, baby.

To you maybe.  You just don't want to accept the answer I gave, which pretty much answers the question.  Think about it.  Open  your eyes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like that a manufacturer has shown interest in an off road truck.
With that said, you are better off rolling your own.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/07/ford-svt-raptor-frame-bent-opt.jpg

not to mention cast alum front controls... Many,many have been towed back to the dealer on flat beds.. When I dropped off my superduty for some warranty work, they had two in the back lot with busted control arms..

Honestly roll your own.. Cheaper in the long run.. As you won't have to replace all the garbage that is useless in the truck

Onisaru
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketing, baby.

Marketing, baby.

To you maybe.  You just don't want to accept the answer I gave, which pretty much answers the question.  Think about it.  Open  your eyes.

Whatever... I have no skin in the game anymore, I broke even after my time of ownership.  Had fun with it and will put said cash into something else.  If you can afford to pay to play, do it.  Not everyone on this site can, although some of us can.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#10]
As much as I like them & would love to own one.. They are a FACTORY truck with body mods and coilovers.. Really no different then buying a Saleen or Roush mustang.  For the price you can buy a stock vehicle and build it yourself to be a better quality vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:04:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As much as I like them & would love to own one.. They are a FACTORY truck with body mods and coilovers.. Really no different then buying a Saleen or Roush mustang.  For the price you can buy a stock vehicle and build it yourself to be a better quality vehicle.

Not really...for the price.  Price out the FOX Shox

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#13]
It's a hyped up f-150 with a nice motor.

Talk to anybody that knows about building offload vehicles and they will tell you it's an over priced POS that will not be able to go anywhere else a 2k jeep in any application other then perhaps applications where high horsepower is very beneficial.  Not trying to make this sound like a brand war, I'm simply saying its no more an offload vehicle then a stock Toyota or Jeep.  You aren't going to do much of anything offload with a stock vehicle.  Half ton parts are still half ton parts.  Might as well buy used and drop a crate motor with a stronger transmission and axles and still be 40k+ ahead of the game.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Talk to anybody that knows about building offload vehicles and they will tell you it's an over priced POS that will not be able to go anywhere else a 2k jeep in any application other then perhaps applications where high horsepower is very beneficial.  Not trying to make this sound like a brand war, I'm simply saying its no more an offload vehicle then a stock Toyota or Jeep.  You aren't going to do much of anything offload with a stock vehicle.  Half ton parts are still half ton parts.  Might as well buy used and drop a crate motor with a stronger transmission and axles and still be 40k+ ahead of the game.

Not everyone wants to fuck around with all that shit

Its a factory "baja" style truck, nothing more.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:46:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

About $3500.   It's a chunk but as good as those shocks are, you are putting them on an inherently limited stock pickup frame.

Your main connection linkage is still 3 leaf standard Ford springs.

The lower a-arms are nice but they stayed cheap on the upper a-arms, and they went even cheaper on the connecting linkages, Ford couldn't even bother to coat them apparently.

This is all readily replaceable and there kits specifically to replace these cheaper parts, but it seems like they just chinced on some pretty basic off-road parts.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
buy a tundra rock warrior edition. Its cheaper, faster, and and an all around better truck.

But it's still a Toyota no thanks.

Just curious, what do you drive?
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Talk to anybody that knows about building offload vehicles and they will tell you it's an over priced POS that will not be able to go anywhere else a 2k jeep in any application other then perhaps applications where high horsepower is very beneficial.  Not trying to make this sound like a brand war, I'm simply saying its no more an offload vehicle then a stock Toyota or Jeep.  You aren't going to do much of anything offload with a stock vehicle.  
Half ton parts are still half ton parts.  Might as well buy used and drop a crate motor with a stronger transmission and axles and still be 40k+ ahead of the game.

Really? How is it that the Ford Raptor has entered the Baja 1000 multiple times and placed top 3 in it's class multiple times, in stock form?

It's way more than a "hyped up F-150". It's as off-road capable as any comparable truck could possibly built for the same money.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#18]
So much in this thread.

The only other vehicle that comes close to being capable off the showroom floor is the Jeep Rubicon.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Buy an older truck out-of-warranty and then mod it without worrying about voiding the warranty.

And come up tens of thousands of dollars ahead....

Win-Win.

There is really no reason to ever buy a new-car...they devalue thousands the minute you drive off the lot!  I can't imagine anything else worse than that.

If built properly by a competent fab shop, it would smash the hell out of a Raptor off road as well.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
buy a tundra rock warrior edition. Its cheaper, faster, and and an all around better truck.

That truck does look good.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic26385_2.gif

Looks nice. I'll tell you though... Ever since I got the raptor I have taken more notice of other large trucks. Not so much because I feel like I'm in competition with them but because I have a better appreciation for them now.

I am a Toyota fanboy.

That said, the "Rock Warrior" package is pretty much window dressing whereas the Raptor does have some significant upgrades over the stock F150.

Neither of them are a trophy truck and should not be driven as such. I mean you can, but you will bend expensive things.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
See the SEALs driving them around all the time here.

I do not doubt you.    The  border patrol around here love Rubicons and raptors.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Their really bad ass trucks but my question is: Why is every Raptor i see is always so clean???????  If i had a Raptor i would use it for what it is and not just drive aroumd town to show off my status symbol.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#24]
My Dad's 2012 Dmax Allison 2500 Z71 Crew Cab stickered at $52k, I think he paid somewhere just over $40k for it last month.

So yeah, that's ballpark now.

I bought his 06. Booked between $14k and $19k depending on condition. It's a good truck but damn, paying the bill for the UAW and the EPA is costing our ass.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not really getting it, are you?
On the street, some cars can turn and burn, some can go relly freekin quick in a straight line.
They aren't generally the same car.
In rocks, a twisty Jeep will rule, but that solid axle/short wheelbase is a cast iron bitch at high speed over rough ground, and there is no way you can make it work at the same level as a Raptor in that terrain.
Different types of vehicles.

Nick

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like that a manufacturer has shown interest in an off road truck.
With that said, you are better off rolling your own.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/07/ford-svt-raptor-frame-bent-opt.jpg

Let the retardation begin.

Hit a nerve?

I guess no one failed to neglect that the first gen Tacoma frames that are prone to rust had frames that were treated by none other an a Ohio-based US company....Dana.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really getting it, are you?

On the street, some cars can turn and burn, some can go relly freekin quick in a straight line.

They aren't generally the same car.

In rocks, a twisty Jeep will rule, but that solid axle/short wheelbase is a cast iron bitch at high speed over rough ground, and there is no way you can make it work at the same level as a Raptor in that terrain.

Different types of vehicles.

Nick

No doubt. A jeep would be a bowling ball in a duning situation that the Raptor would excel at.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no that is alright.. FOX would have to PAY me to run their garbage shocks..

As for the raptor, if I wanted a prerunner.. I'd fab my own.. The raptor is a nice mix of streetable and offroad.. But if you are going to build a prerunner, best to have it fabbed..
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hit a nerve?

I guess no one failed to neglect that the first gen Tacoma frames that are prone to rust had frames that were treated by none other an a Ohio-based US company....Dana.

That will buff right out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit a nerve?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/saleen49/cid__rust.jpg

Should be fine.    Two piece drive shaft, carriage bearing, and you have a truck that is easy to unload.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#31]
See some people are already getting butt hurt over this.  The badge on the side of the vehicle has dick to do with its offload capability.  

The ford raptor has a stamped short/standard travel IFS with 3500 dollar shocks.  It's rear sports leaf springs (lol?) with 3500 dollar shocks.  So in essence you take a hopped up motor and 3500 dollar shocks (not even the long travel version) and you are on the same level as the raptor.  It's pure marketing at its best.  It's the same story with the jeep rubicon.  And with that motor and 35 inch tires those axles and r&p are screaming for mercy, not the most reliable combo by any means.  Believe me when I say I know a thing or two about building offload vehicles,  the only people that are enamored with the raptor are the people who simply don't know enough and have fallen subject to its hype.  

And last time I checked it wasn't f150 type vehicles winning  the Baja 1000.  Ford cornered the stock class with big motor good tires and good shocks (notice I did not say suspension).  All of which you can be done to any vehicle.  

It's a nice truck don't get me wrong.  But it's simply not what most people make it out to be.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
See some people are already getting butt hurt over this.  The badge on the side of the vehicle has dick to do with its offload capability.  

The ford raptor has a stamped short/standard travel IFS with 3500 dollar shocks.  It's rear sports leaf springs (lol?) with 3500 dollar shocks.  So in essence you take a hopped up motor and 3500 dollar shocks (not even the long travel version) and you are on the same level as the raptor.  It's pure marketing at its best.  It's the same story with the jeep rubicon.  And with that motor and 35 inch tires those axles and r&p are screaming for mercy, not the most reliable combo by any means.  Believe me when I say I know a thing or two about building offload vehicles,  the only people that are enamored with the raptor are the people who simply don't know enough and have fallen subject to its hype.  

And last time I checked it wasn't f150 type vehicles winning  the Baja 1000.  Ford cornered the stock class with big motor good tires and good shocks (notice I did not say suspension).  All of which you can be done to any vehicle.  

It's a nice truck don't get me wrong.  But it's simply not what most people make it out to be.

But what about offroad vehicles?

The Raptor has 11.x and 12.x travel fore and aft –– stock is like 9 and 10. The rear "sport" springs have a softer spring rate. Not to mention you get all the electronic do-hickey's and what-not's with plus 35" tires, wider fenders, and "custom" seats. One can't compare a used F150 built to rock versus a Raptor. Take a fresh off the lot F150 and do all the things that need to be done to make it similar to a Raptor. There's the cost. And yes, marketing plays a HUGE role.

Besides, 80% of the people who buy it will never use the rear locker and 80% of that 80% probably don't even know what a locker even is.

Just like the Rubi, it's a capable vehicle off the showroom floor that has mods many will do anyway plus a warranty. Or sometimes it's just enough for the person driving it. A stock Rubi would do me wonders. But as along as someone will pay for it, someone will produce it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Raptor has 11.x and 12.x travel fore and aft –– stock is like 9 and 10. The rear "sport" springs have a softer spring rate. Not to mention you get all the electronic do-hickey's and what-not's with plus 35" tires, wider fenders, and "custom" seats. One can't compare a used F150 built to rock versus a Raptor. Take a fresh off the lot F150 and do all the things that need to be done to make it similar to a Raptor. There's the cost. And yes, marketing plays a HUGE role.

Besides, 80% of the people who buy it will never use the rear locker and 80% of that 80% probably don't even know what a locker even is.

Just like the Rubi, it's a capable vehicle off the showroom floor that has mods many will do anyway plus a warranty. Or sometimes it's just enough for the person driving it. A stock Rubi would do me wonders. But as along as someone will pay for it, someone will produce it.

Speaking strictly from an offload point of view here (we are talking about a supposed offload truck.

That wheel travel is abysmal.  That's 4" of up travel more or less and 6-7 of down travel, and that is most likely measured with all the stabilizer bars and sway bars disconnected.

The rear sport spring are still leaf springs, and leaf springs, especially lower spring rate ones are ginormously more prone to spring wrap, which means wheel hop, which means loss of power to ground, which means loss of traction.  The rear end should have been linked with a long arm suspension and proper coil overs.  Even Jeep doesn't use leaf springs any more, and they are usually always behind the curve.

All the electronic gizmos are for marketing you don't see any of that shit on offload vehicles because it doesn't work.  They are meant as a handicap for people who don't know what they are doing,  I don't want my CPU cutting power to my wheels because my tires are spinning a little too fast.  Or slowing down around a corner because it feels the vehicle leaning a little too much.

Again with that being said.  If you have to deal with emissions standards, simply want a raptor, or just flat out like its lines or whatever.  Buy one.  More power too you.  If you just want the performance of the raptor or better?  Buy a stock used one and you can have a better truck for way less money, and probably pay somebody else to do it as well.  Just like the Jeep Rubicon, they are ok but you can build way better for much less.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read his whole post in a shitty-wok voice.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When I bought my Raptor in 2011, I ordered it through a buying service and paid $34,000 for it. When I went to the delivering Dealer, they had an Addendum sticker in the window for a $10,000 markup over Sticker. The price I paid for mine was $2000 more than the FX4, which put it in the range I was willing to pay. IF I had to pay $50,000 for one I would not have bought it.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/micman777/Raptor.jpg"

Buying service? What is that?
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Jesus. It's a weekend toy, not a buggy or a built Jeep. At the end of the day Ford had to produce a vehicle that could be a toy, pick up the groceries, and, most importantly, sell. It had to be built using a platform that could be tweaked and not rengineered. All that would end up adding to more cost to the vehicle. Look at all the other SVT projects, none of them rengineered the cube –– just improved it. Same thing with the Rubi. Jeep took all the mods most people do to their Wranglers and slapped them all together to offer a package that was attractive, able to be financed, and warrantied with the rest of the vehicle.

Look, you're not going to run the entire length of the Rubicon in a Raptor. You're not going to run JVOHV (although no one will if the .gov gets their way). Nor will you do all the trails in Moab in one. That was not their design. But if you're a weekend warrior who doesn't mind getting dirty, getting new dings/dents, and some  offroad pinstriping –– the Raptor is for you. Assuming that's what you want and you can afford it.

And yes I aware if Ford's marketing of the Raptor. But they don't show the truck running Little Sluice or flying off a dune in Glamis.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit a nerve?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/saleen49/cid__rust.jpg

hahahaha

lol

fail
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Because she's a clever girl.  

I got that one!
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'd like to learn a thing or two about building offload vehicles - please share your experience.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#40]
And for the man who has $100K+ to spend...

There's your 4-link coilover rear suspension with 18" of travel and 15" of front travel.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Speaking strictly from an offload point of view here (we are talking about a supposed offload truck.

That wheel travel is abysmal.  That's 4" of up travel more or less and 6-7 of down travel, and that is most likely measured with all the stabilizer bars and sway bars disconnected.  Do a search on Moss Brothers Racing Class 3 Bronco.  How much travel do you think that truck has - it's won Class 3 ~8 times since it started racing in 2000.

The rear sport spring are still leaf springs, and leaf springs, especially lower spring rate ones are ginormously more prone to spring wrap, which means wheel hop, which means loss of power to ground, which means loss of traction.  The rear end should have been linked with a long arm suspension and proper coil overs.  Even Jeep doesn't use leaf springs any more, and they are usually always behind the curve.  What's the "proper" amount of suspension travel for a truck that can be comfortably daily driven and then be used as a legitimate chase truck in Baja? A properly designed (for the intended application) leaf spring suspension can work damn well and be relatively simple and inexpensive.

All the electronic gizmos are for marketing you don't see any of that shit on offload vehicles because it doesn't work.  They are meant as a handicap for people who don't know what they are doing,  I don't want my CPU cutting power to my wheels because my tires are spinning a little too fast.  Or slowing down around a corner because it feels the vehicle leaning a little too much. Hmm, all those electonic gizmos must be handicaps in the various road racing series that have outlawed their use........

Again with that being said.  If you have to deal with emissions standards, simply want a raptor, or just flat out like its lines or whatever.  Buy one.  More power too you.  If you just want the performance of the raptor or better?  Buy a stock used one and you can have a better truck for way less money, and probably pay somebody else to do it as well.  Just like the Jeep Rubicon, they are ok but you can build way better for much less.I have yet to see a prerunner with equivalent power, comfort and electronics that cost less than a Raptor.  I'm sorry but a Ford Ranger with extended i-beams and fiberglass fenders isn't something I'd want to drive to La Paz when chasing for the race truck - every one I go to Baja with would take a Raptor in a heart beat but we all tow 5th wheel trailers in addition to chasing with our trucks so we all have 3/4 ton diesels.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Thank you Brian. Plus I remember some of the guys on Pirate said they love the Raptor to prerun or chase because they can do so with heated/cooled seats and other comforts.

I'm no fan boy, believe it or not –– but to just dismiss the truck as nothing is just silly.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Extreme 4x4 did a two or three part series on their version of a budget raptor called "half priced raptor".

http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/show_player.php?ep_num=XT2012-08&ep_show=XT
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 5:24:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wheel travel is abysmal.  That's 4" of up travel more or less and 6-7 of down travel, and that is most likely measured with all the stabilizer bars and sway bars disconnected.  Do a search on Moss Brothers Racing Class 3 Bronco.  How much travel do you think that truck has - it's won Class 3 ~8 times since it started racing in 2000.

The rear sport spring are still leaf springs, and leaf springs, especially lower spring rate ones are ginormously more prone to spring wrap, which means wheel hop, which means loss of power to ground, which means loss of traction.  The rear end should have been linked with a long arm suspension and proper coil overs.  Even Jeep doesn't use leaf springs any more, and they are usually always behind the curve.  What's the "proper" amount of suspension travel for a truck that can be comfortably daily driven and then be used as a legitimate chase truck in Baja? A properly designed (for the intended application) leaf spring suspension can work damn well and be relatively simple and inexpensive.

All the electronic gizmos are for marketing you don't see any of that shit on offload vehicles because it doesn't work.  They are meant as a handicap for people who don't know what they are doing,  I don't want my CPU cutting power to my wheels because my tires are spinning a little too fast.  Or slowing down around a corner because it feels the vehicle leaning a little too much. Hmm, all those electonic gizmos must be handicaps in the various road racing series that have outlawed their use........

Again with that being said.  If you have to deal with emissions standards, simply want a raptor, or just flat out like its lines or whatever.  Buy one.  More power too you.  If you just want the performance of the raptor or better?  Buy a stock used one and you can have a better truck for way less money, and probably pay somebody else to do it as well.  Just like the Jeep Rubicon, they are ok but you can build way better for much less.I have yet to see a prerunner with equivalent power, comfort and electronics that cost less than a Raptor.  I'm sorry but a Ford Ranger with extended i-beams and fiberglass fenders isn't something I'd want to drive to La Paz when chasing for the race truck - every one I go to Baja with would take a Raptor in a heart beat but we all tow 5th wheel trailers in addition to chasing with our trucks so we all have 3/4 ton diesels.

Brian

PICS
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Extreme 4x4 did a two or three part series on their version of a budget raptor called "half priced raptor".

http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/show_player.php?ep_num=XT2012-08&ep_show=XT

I saw that too, and while I'm sure it's a cool truck, it's not the same.

I'd rather finance a limited production bone stock factory-warranted truck with all the modern creature comforts than build up a ten year old truck that's going to be a huge money pit.

At the end of the day, you've got 25k dumped into an old F150 that may resell for a fraction of that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marketing, baby.

Why are diamonds so expensive.

Same damn answer.

Sure you do pay for quality, but it's the marketing that gets the money.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Sure are alot of haters in here! :)

Buddy of mine got one, and immediately became the designated driver for when we go shooting. It's great on highway and can tear out over the grasslands while I'm drinkin coffee.  I damn near ordered one the day after they delivered his, but I had my heart set on a GT500.... which because of that bastard I did order that day
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#48]
I love raptor threads, they just peg all the meters for arfcom

And I'd love one in blue, just can't stomach the sticker
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#49]
love the motor and trans

i would wreck that trucks suspension

i owned a lifted and done up truck with a similar front suspension setup.

those a arms and that setup would not last, not beefy enough for my liking.

no skid plates on the bottom a arms

those knuckles are too skimpy.

the shocks are nice

but not enough travel to be efficient enough they need about 50% more travel to make it work.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#50]
my Brother N Law has one, it is the shit!

He made sure to get it without the graphics. Looks better in my opinion.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top