Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/29/2015 11:51:17 PM EDT
Been on a cut, looking good except for a little belly flab. Diet has been rock solid. What's the trick to get rid of that last layer of stomach fat?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Tapeworm or dysentery.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Because beer is delicous
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because beer is delicous
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You're going to need to drop way down in BF%, for males the gut is the first place to store fat and the last place to lose it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Trying to date a very attractive female and trying to get rid of mine.  From what I've read, eat a shit load of protein, cut way down on carbs, slam cold water all day, and at least two glasses when you wake up, cut out all processed sugar, and lift, lift, lift.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Intense cardio 3 times a week. I recommend Insanity in addition to a weight lifting routine. No sugar, fructose ect. Carbs 1st part of the day and taper off.
A lot of variables.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Sucks don't it.

I weighed, counted and logged every single bit of food that went into my face for months. Lifted heavy, complexes for cardio and still had flab around the mid section.

I just said fuck it. I'm almost 40 and look good with a shirt on. And i don't spend much time in public with my shirt off.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you even lift?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Trying to date a very attractive female and trying to get rid of mine.  From what I've read, eat a shit load of protein, cut way down on carbs, slam cold water all day, and at least two glasses when you wake up, cut out all processed sugar, and lift, lift, lift.  
View Quote

What is the significance of cold water?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Lots of flutter kicks
Intense swimming sessions

Don't be fat

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Second post nailed it. My favorite brew is about 300 calories per bottle.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Body burns calories heating it.

It's called induced thermogenesis, you can increase your BMR by spending lots of time in cold environments as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#13]
The actual scientific answer is that stomach fat, and other hard to lose areas, contains a higher density of alpha-2 adrenergic receptors. Nothing derpy to do with heat, magnets, or treadmills.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#14]
lipo
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

What he said. And cardio,cardio,cardio.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Paleo.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
lipo
View Quote

This is the only for sure way to beat it. The fact it might kill you or leave you disfigured is a small price to gamble for perfect abs
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:37:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's called induced thermogenesis, you can increase your BMR by spending lots of time in cold environments as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you point me to some research on the calories burned heating cold water?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a significant source of caloric expenditure, it does burn some but in the scheme it's very small.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is the only for sure way to beat it. The fact it might kill you or leave you disfigured is a small price to gamble for perfect abs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lipo

CoolSculpting lets you skip the death and disfigurement.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:50:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm 5'10" and around 210. I had belly fat even when I weighed 152

I doubt I'll ever see my abs
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's not a significant source of caloric expenditure, it does burn some but in the scheme it's very small.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, it's just one of those "by every means available" things.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Also, in what I was pouring over the other night, the function by which belly fat is metabolized needs sleep and as much water as available to do it's little chemical lab noise.

A buddy of mine, who is a successful body building coach also told me once it's very important to keep dietary fat coming in, so that the body doesn't try to store any and burns what is stored freely.  In short, low fat diets can make your body store fat.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Also, in what I was pouring over the other night, the function by which belly fat is metabolized needs sleep and as much water as available to do it's little chemical lab noise.

A buddy of mine, who is a successful body building coach also told me once it's very important to keep dietary fat coming in, so that the body doesn't try to store any and burns what is stored freely.  In short, low fat diets can make your body store fat.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

law of physics summed up as such:
One calorie is the amount of heat needed to raise the temp. of 1g water by 1°C .
One kilo-calorie is the amount of heat needed to raise the temp. of 1kg water by 1°C .
1kcal=1000cal, which is what we call a "calorie".
1kg water (weight) = 1 liter of water (volume).

so, if you drink a liter of water that is 0°C (water/ice slurry, for example), your body will heat it to 38.6°C (body temp), so you'll burn ~ 38 kcal.

drink 4 liters (aka 4kg) of water a day, & you burn 38kcal x 4 liters = 152 kcal, or about what 1.5 miles on a treadmill nets you.

say your water is a bit warmer at 8°C (thus your body has to heat it by 30°C to get it to body temp), then you are burning 120kcal for every 4 liters water you drink, or about a mile walking/jogging, give or take.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:01:40 AM EDT
[#28]
It's not hard to lose at all. It is just the last day to come off. You have no control where the fat comes off of. Makes no difference how you burn the calories. Stomach fat is last.

Get to 8% body fat and you will start seeing abs/ thread.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  We burn fat and store carbs.  Fat is important overall in a lot of ways in the diet.  Carbs are virtually unnecessary.  If you don't get enough calories from fat you will crave carbs and those will be stored as fat.

I feel your pain.  Dating a pinup model who is 25 years younger than me...  She sort of exercises (pole dancing and pilates/yoga) but would barf at the idea of actually running somewhere or getting on a bike.  Has a body like Jessica Rabbit.  Fucking kills me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:03:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
lipo
View Quote

This. Do you have a shop vac and duck tape? Get a local anesthetic from a street pharmacists, if you can't stomach the pain!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#33]
What's your age?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quitting drinking helped me alot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Cut down seamen intake.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Because beer is delicous
View Quote

Amen.
You can still lose weight drinking beer, though.
You might not turn into some cut guy with a six pack, but you can probably pick him up and choke him to death with a twelve pack in the other hand.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yep.  We burn fat and store carbs.  Fat is important overall in a lot of ways in the diet.  Carbs are virtually unnecessary.  If you don't get enough calories from fat you will crave carbs and those will be stored as fat.

I feel your pain.  Dating a pinup model who is 25 years younger than me...  She sort of exercises (pole dancing and pilates/yoga) but would barf at the idea of actually running somewhere or getting on a bike.  Has a body like Jessica Rabbit.  Fucking kills me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

haahaa yea last few girls didn't really care about my weight, this gal... I've seen the kind of guys this one goes for, and I need to get back in shape anyways both to look and feel good as well as back of the edge were weight can start having health problems.  Also, good score on the 25 year old pinup model! Tip of the cap to you!

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
This is very true and why "dieting" doesn't work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is very true and why "dieting" doesn't work.
LOL no shit right?  

Best shape of my life was eating 2-3 medium Domino's pizzas a night in the Marines. (Bless the 555 deal)
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Get below 10% body fat. It doesn't matter how many sit-ups you can do.

Heavy squats and deadlifts. It's easier to burn fat when you actually have muscle on your body.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#40]

All that has been suggested and L-Carnitine, it will melt fat off of a well worked, hydrated and carefully fed body in your sleep.

Proper nutrition including work, always, night and day, staying hydrated with water, yes preferably cold, though I don't drink cold drinks just before or during workouts as I don't want my blood working on heating water in my gut when I need it feeding my muscles, limiting carbs to low glycemic index carbs only and using them sparingly, animal protein and fats. No breads, no white potatoes, no white rice, no processed sugars.

Eliminate stress, stop worrying, find a sweet spot in your mood and rock on form there. Stress elevates cortisol and repeated stress can induce hunger and thus support weight gain

Refraining from the consumption of the high glycemic starchy foods and processed sugars mentioned above will keep your insulin response low and even, Insulin is great at two things in particular, it is a very powerful hormone that will quickly convert, high glycemic starches and sugars to especially, to fat.

Anyway, eat right, eat often but never too much at a time, stay hydrated at all times and L- Carnitine will carve up the leftover fat deposits.

Is Carntine Safe?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Maybe because it's a natural by product of getting older?  Name one animal that doesn't acquire a paunch when it reaches a certain age if they gave good graze or a food source.  Deer at 5 years, cats, dogs, gorillas, horses, coons, hogs, Walmart shoppers....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:48:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, for fucks sake.

You're giving the secret away...  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:50:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All that has been suggested and L-Carnitine, it will melt fat off of a well worked, hydrated and carefully fed body in your sleep.

Proper nutrition including work, always, night and day, staying hydrated with water, yes preferably cold, though I don't drink cold drinks just before or during workouts as I don't want my blood working on heating water in my gut when I need it feeding my muscles, limiting carbs to low glycemic index carbs only and using them sparingly, animal protein and fats. No breads, no white potatoes, no white rice, no processed sugars.

Eliminate stress, stop worrying, find a sweet spot in your mood and rock on form there. Stress elevates cortisol and repeated stress can induce hunger and thus support weight gain

Refraining from the consumption of the high glycemic starchy foods and processed sugars mentioned above will keep your insulin response low and even, Insulin is great at two things in particular, it is a very powerful hormone that will quickly convert, high glycemic starches and sugars to especially, to fat.

Anyway, eat right, eat often but never too much at a time, stay hydrated at all times and L- Carnitine will carve up the leftover fat deposits.

Is Carntine Safe?
View Quote

Your link doesn't work.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because beer is delicous

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:04:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Your link doesn't work.
View Quote

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-supplement-guru-carnitine.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:30:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Been on a cut, looking good except for a little belly flab. Diet has been rock solid. What's the trick to get rid of that last layer of stomach fat?
View Quote

BMI?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:35:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go thru a divorce.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:39:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Because diet soda
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
From what I've read, eat a shit load of protein, cut way down on carbs, slam cold water all day, and at least two glasses when you wake up, cut out all processed sugar, and lift, lift, lift.
View Quote

Witchdoctor bullshit.

Eating a "shitload" of anything isn't healthy and for damn sure won't cut weight. Ritualistic consumption of water? Really?  Do you stand in a certain spot facing the Sun while doing it?
Lifting isn't the type of exercise that cuts weight. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that.

Did you read your information on a men's room wall?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Eating a "shitload" of anything isn't healthy and for damn sure won't cut weight.

View Quote
What about ice?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top