Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 9:26:51 PM EDT
Watching Top Gun the other day... "Maverick get in here! MAVERICK GET IN HERE!"

"Switching to missiles, SWITCHING TO MISSLES!!!"

"We've been hit, WE'VE BEEN HIT!!"

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Dramatic emphasis.

Done a lot in movies, hardly ever in real life.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, its a movie. Secondly, the RIO is a real life bitchin betty. So when the pilot is trying to not get them killed, the RIO can bitch and whine.... and announce battle damage

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.garotasquedizemni.com/archives/top-gun.jpg

You bastard YOU BASTARD!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You bastard YOU BASTARD!!

+1+1
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I always thought it was for deaf bastards like myself
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]
That movie is ghey.  That movie is ghey.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That movie is ghey.  That movie is ghey.

negative ghostrider, NEGATIVE GHOSTRIDER
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]

That movie is ghey. That movie is ghey.

+1, +1
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a supervisor that says almost every thing twice when he is talking normally. He does it habitually. I don't know if it's done inadvertantly or as a matter of emphisis on his subjects.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#11]
What, What
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#12]
[jimmy two times] I'm gonna get the paper get the paper [/jimmy two times]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]
From Maddox.xmission.com:

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Nah, just bad echos.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Robert De Niro made them do it. Made them do it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#16]
'This is no drill, repeat, this is no drill.' ~ December 7, 1941.

Appears as if it is sometimes used in real life for emphasis.

Even in telegrams!

Eric The(Historical)Hun
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:31:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Directing genious. Without the double dialogue, the movie would have only been 40 minutes long.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Who gives a rip? Who gives a rip?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#19]
they do it on 24 all the time

"They have the package, I repeat, they have the package"
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Directing genious. Without the double dialogue, the movie would have only been 40 minutes long.

That leaves another 80 minutes for oily beach volleyball/gay sex!  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash! Keep this up and you'll be flying transports out of Hong Kong!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:35:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That leaves another 80 minutes for oily beach volleyball/gay sex!  

Don't forget preening in the locker room.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Did somebody say MIGHTY WINGS??
MIGHTY WINGS??

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know.   I DON'T KNOW

Maybe because the Navy repeats orders over and over to ensure accuracy
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:38:41 AM EDT
[#25]
   You know what one of the greatest fucking scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.

[Duane: Oh, come on.]

Top Gun is fucking great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots. [Duane: It's about a bunch of guys waving their dicks around.] It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man.

You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the fucking line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

[Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?]

Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie...

He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the fuck, what the fuck is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'm do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it.

Okay, now let me just ask you--I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right?...

All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fucking force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they fucking land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last fucking line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin' A, man!

And on a similar note, from the June 1995 Details profile of Val Kilmer:

He got all buffed out for the role of Iceman, Tom Cruise's adversary, and while he didn't like the script ("I turned it down at first, but Paramount had an option they exercised, so I had to do it"), Top Gun remains a key film of the '80s--the most representative of not only what was wrong with movies but what was wrong with this country's values. It's also the most unintentionally gay movie ever made by a big studio, so homoerotic it's like some kind of camp joke. It's impossible to watch it without thinking of Quentin Tarantino's hilarious monologue about the movie's gay subtext in the we're-hip-screenwriters-in-Hollywood flick Sleep With Me, which Kilmer hasn't seen. All he'll say about the above, while smiling, is "Oh yeah?"
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#26]
If my boss repeats anything two or three times, it means he wasn't listening to a word you were saying.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Where is Xenu, Where is Xenu?

And top gun is teh ghey!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That movie is ghey. That movie is ghey.

+1, +1

Roger that,roger that.Chuck Norris Chuck Norris.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
   You know what one of the greatest fucking scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.

[Duane: Oh, come on.]

Top Gun is fucking great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots. [Duane: It's about a bunch of guys waving their dicks around.] It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man.

You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the fucking line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

[Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?]

Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... a lesbian... DUH!

He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the fuck, what the fuck is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'm do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it.

Okay, now let me just ask you--I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right?...

All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fucking force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they fucking land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last fucking line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin' A, man!

And on a similar note, from the June 1995 Details profile of Val Kilmer:

He got all buffed out for the role of Iceman, Tom Cruise's adversary, and while he didn't like the script ("I turned it down at first, but Paramount had an option they exercised, so I had to do it"), Top Gun remains a key film of the '80s--the most representative of not only what was wrong with movies but what was wrong with this country's values. It's also the most unintentionally gay movie ever made by a big studio, so homoerotic it's like some kind of camp joke. It's impossible to watch it without thinking of Quentin Tarantino's hilarious monologue about the movie's gay subtext in the we're-hip-screenwriters-in-Hollywood flick Sleep With Me, which Kilmer hasn't seen. All he'll say about the above, while smiling, is "Oh yeah?"

Fixed it for ya ;)  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#30]
BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED!

BOTH SHOULD BE BANNED!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Top Gun is badly in need of a sequel.

Tom Cruise is washed up now, but he has three movies that he has done that I thought were really great:

Top Gun
A Few Good Men
Days of Thunder

I don't give a shit if all y'all hate them, either.  Those are great movies.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Gonna go get the papers... get the papers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:24:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Tom Cruise is in the closet, Tom Cruise is IN THE CLOSET!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#36]
No worries about Top Gun, worry about this.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#37]
I see your double talk and raise you a repetitive loop:

Its the way of the future...Its the way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I see your double talk and raise you a repetitive loop:

Its the way of the future...Its the way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...way of the future...

Show me all the blueprints. Show me all the blueprints. Show me all the blueprints... show me all the blueprints... show me all the blueprints... show me all the blueprints...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Dramatic emphasis.

Done a lot in movies, hardly ever in real life.

Yeah, right.

Yeah, right.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top