Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 1:59:59 PM EDT
That a simple 3-cell maglite can last for hours, even days, on fresh batteries, but...

Whatever futuristic flashlights they have in FPS games can barely last a minute? I mean, jeez, if your power cells or whatever are that bad, just get some Duracells...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
some of the really bright really small surefires last for only 15 minutes....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't have a Surefire, do you?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No, but then again, I'm pretty sure Surefires don't start recharging once you turn them off.

Man, they must have some effed-up flashlights in the future.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to trade something for the ability to aim away from the enemy and get a full mag by pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but then again, I'm pretty sure Surefires don't start recharging once you turn them off.

playing half life?  it's a shake-light, it recharges as you walk.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about Doom 3? If you tried to hit a demon (or anything, for that matter) over the head with a shake-light, you'd end up with some plastic shards...

And why is it that, when you reload your gun with a partially expended magazine, your other mags refill themselves until you have however many full mags and one partially full? I can understand when you find a box of ammo, you'd just drop your partially-full ones and replace them with full ones, but do all super-cyber-soldiers from the future have automatic LULAS?

And where, when you get right down to it, do you find space to fit a rocket launcher, five grenades, five claymores, a crowbar, a shotgun, two subguns, a couple pistols, a sword, a sniper rifle or crossbow, and whatever else you find, and still be able to walk right?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it's just game and the developers wanted to make it fun and challenging at the same time?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Mars is smaller than the Earth and has less gravity. It would be easier to carry more weight, since your muscles are already tuned to Earth's specific gravity.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about Doom 3? If you tried to hit a demon (or anything, for that matter) over the head with a shake-light, you'd end up with some plastic shards...

And why is it that, when you reload your gun with a partially expended magazine, your other mags refill themselves until you have however many full mags and one partially full? I can understand when you find a box of ammo, you'd just drop your partially-full ones and replace them with full ones, but do all super-cyber-soldiers from the future have automatic LULAS?

And where, when you get right down to it, do you find space to fit a rocket launcher, five grenades, five claymores, a crowbar, a shotgun, two subguns, a couple pistols, a sword, a sniper rifle or crossbow, and whatever else you find, and still be able to walk right?

i have a shakelight that's made of a plastic polymer and damn durable.  people have tested it by throwing off roofs onto concrete, running it over with cars, etc and it's a damn rock.  not terribly heavy though and i wouldn't want to have to fight a demon with it

as for the rest of your questions..... sounds like you want to play a more realistic game.  i'd recommend America's Army or Red Orchestra.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top