Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 10:00:19 PM EDT
Is it a local thing? I have to crank up the volume to hear it. Than...of course, when I flip the channels, the wifey sprouts horns.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, uh, this is the oldest deal in the book, dude. They crank down the volume on the news, so that you have to turn it up to hear what's going on. Then, when you are leaving the room to pee or get the chips from the kitchen, the god-damn commercials are played at full volume; they chase you into the head.

Shitbirds. There ought to be a law...

I remember in 1987 a manufacturer wanted to come out with a videocassette recorder that would recognize the difference in sound levels and STOP RECORDING, on the logic that it was recording commercials. The advertisers went apeshit, ad the VCR never was sold on the open market.

They're not real happy about DVR either.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is it a local thing? I have to crank up the volume to hear it. Than...of course, when I flip the channels, the wifey sprouts horns.

I've noticed that, too. It seems to unique to them as I don't notice it elsewhere. Wish I had the answer for you.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
same with the history channel for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, uh, this is the oldest deal in the book, dude. They crank down the volume on the news, so that you have to turn it up to hear what's going on. Then, when you are leaving the room to pee or get the chips from the kitchen, the god-damn commercials are played at full volume; they chase you into the head.

Shitbirds. There ought to be a law...

I remember in 1987 a manufacturer wanted to come out with a videocassette recorder that would recognize the difference in sound levels and STOP RECORDING, on the logic that it was recording commercials. The advertisers went apeshit, ad the VCR never was sold on the open market.

They're not real happy about DVR either.

+1

News sells advertising time... plain and simple

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Who is your provider?  There should be equipment at the provider level that keeps volume at a steady level.  +4dB is the standard I believe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top