Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 12:11:40 AM EDT
I was thinking most of us GUYS CAN TAKE CARE OF ourselves- I was married young to
keep the pussy, from getting away, now after being married 1 yr all was amuk, I'd never do it again, plus the no "babies momma is rare ar 40ish. That was 20 yrs ago I'd think this
situation is more common now, Living toghther, even in most places its against the law, How many here "live together....Really other than kids?     WHY?...............not drunk just caintSleep/lil dissoriented.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#1]
1)Are you drinking? 2) [b][red][u]DON'T[/b][/red][/u] get married.  I got married at 25 and that was at least 25 years too young.

TS
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Where's that don't drink and post picture when you need it?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#4]
think he said, "I was thinking 'Guys can take care of themselves.'  I was married young to keep getting the 'ussy and now after being within one year, all was amuck.  That was 20 years ago now. I'd think that this situation is more common now, even most places it is against the law.  Really other than kids, why?

Second translation: I was thinking that guys should be able to take care of themselves.  I was married young to continue to get laid, but after a year it was all messed up.  That was 20 years ago now.  I would think couples not being married would be the rule, rather than the exception. (Don't know what he means about the law) For what other reason should one get married other than to have kids.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was thikingGUYS CAN TAKE CARE OF YOURE- I was married young to
keep on getting the 'ussy +, now after bw/in 1 yr aoll was amuk, that was 20 yrs ago 'd think this
situation is more comm\on now, even most places its against the law  ....Really other than kids, WHY?
View Quote

Ummm.....you post seems to be difficult to decode.....
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
think he said, "I was thinking 'Guys can take care of themselves.'  I was married young to keep getting the 'ussy and now after being within one year, all was amuck.  That was 20 years ago now. I'd think that this situation is more common now, even most places it is against the law.  Really other than kids, why?

Second translation: I was thinking that guys should be able to take care of themselves.  I was married young to continue to get laid, but after a year it was all messed up.  That was 20 years ago now.  I would think couples not being married would be the rule, rather than the exception. (Don't know what he means about the law) For what other reason should one get married other than to have kids.
View Quote

Well, using this 'translation'....

A deep thought one is....our society views being 'alone' not good.  At least that's how I see it and a few people I know.  Everyone 'must' have someone and if one is single (girls and guys), there is something wrong or one is not happy without the other.

The majority of the shows on tv/movies depict couples or singles wanting to be a couple.  I would venture a guess the our life style/society views being single as not the norm...  Friends tell me that is why I don't seem happy.... because I'm single due to how the world views single people.

And marrage...well, it's expected....if that is understandable.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A deep thought one is....our society views being 'alone' not good.  At least that's how I see it and a few people I know.  Everyone 'must' have someone and if one is single (girls and guys), there is something wrong or one is not happy without the other.

The majority of the shows on tv/movies depict couples or singles wanting to be a couple.  I would venture a guess the our life style/society views being single as not the norm...  Friends tell me that is why I don't seem happy.... because I'm single due to how the world views single people.

And marriage...well, it's expected....if that is understandable.
View Quote

I understand and agree with your assessment, provided my translation means anything.

TS
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:16:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd just posted w/o checking content, I got arthritis BAD in fingers, its been raining for a week back east! IT SUCKS!....your intrepetations follow the theme of the post!......I luv you guys........kaliburton/TS were on target not just in the field of the fire, but /w/ their interpetation being in the 10ring!..... alone and loveing it!, but getting 'fixedup' by everyone![beer]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd just posted w/o checking content, I got arthritis BAD in fingers, its been raining for a week back east! IT SUCKS!....your intrepetations follow the theme of the post!......I luv you guys........kaliburton/TS were on target not just in the field of the destruction as far as all being right , w/his interpetation being in the 10ring!..... alone and loveing it!, but getting 'fixedup' by everyone![beer]
View Quote

I got something right.  I have to copy this...

TS

That arthritis is sitting out there waiting for me.  It acted up for the first time last week.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:50:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I think that you have hit the nail on the head.  Placed your shot in the 10 ring!!!!

It is expected, and single people are viewed as lonely and unhappy.  They are NOT!!!!!  Most I know are usually happy in life.  Most married couples I know are unhappy, and or fight a lot.  Including me.

Got married at 21 years old.  Divorced at 30 years old.  Was single until I was 37.  The whole time, my mother (god love her) kept asking me "when are you going to meet a nice girl and settle down and have some kids."  NEVER!!

To add to this, the women are programmed with the "happily ever after" syndrome (not all, but most).  They are looking for "Mr. Right" and they want the "fairlytail white wedding" with the big diamond ring.

I want one guy to tell me that they can tell their wife, or woman that "sex is sex, and it is just for fun", and "given it is for fun, then I could enjoy it with any one".  Watch their reaction, even if you never act on it, or never intend to act on it, you are just stating a guys point of view.

She will make you miserable for telling her the truth.  How many women do I know that expect their man to never even think of sex with another woman.  If I had a dollar for every woman I heard say, "if you think about it you might as well have done it", I'd be rich.

Last I checked I couldn't get STD's from thinking about it!!

Add to this, how many married men do you know that have female friends.  None, that I know, their wives will NEVER allow it.  Hell how many married guys do I know that are made miserable by their wives for having guy friends, and going out and doing guy things!!  Most of them!!

I love my girl, she is my common law wife, as we never got married.  But dealing with an emotional female is a pain in the ass.

Why get married.

1) Society expects it.

2) Family expects it.

3) Women use it as a guage to measure how much you love them, and expect it, if you love them.

No guy I know really wants to get married.  They all did it because the woman wanted it.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Why get married, as stated above, socity expects it...

To heck with what the sheep expect..

Marrage can be a good thing, but IMO, top many people get married for all the wrong reasons, thats why we have such a high divorce rate, now I am not condeming anyone that has been married and then divorced, just stateing a fact that most marrages will fail, I believe the current rate is around 50%...

Me I have never been married, more than likely never will, and I catch all kinds of grief about it, well its my life, I will live it as I see fit... I will not get married to FIT IN, sorry not gonna happen, you can be single and be happpy and live a fullfilled life....

As for society, if you think that you get odd looks when you tell people that you are 37 and never been married, add to that your firearm hobby, and they all back away, go figure...

I have been told, that it does not look right to be mu age and not married, so what, I really dont care.......
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Certainly you can be happy and single just as you can be lonely and single.

The same can be said of marriage for not all of them are bad.  There are no absolutes when it comes to relationships.  

I can tell you that there is no greater joy in my life for me than to be with my wife and son. I am as much in love though changed with age as I was 30 years ago.

One thing I know, sex is not a reason to get married.
View Quote

I love to hear guys tell me things like this, it is great to see people that are happy together.  Congrats.

Amen to the sex point!  You are 100% correct.  If you are not married to your best friend, you will never make the long haul.  Sex is fun and great, but I agree that it is no reason to get married.

I also did not mean to sound so negative, as I know people that are happily married.  I am happy with my relationship, and love my wife very much, and enjoy her company a lot.  We do fight, but that is the exception rather than the rule, until lately, but that is another story.

She is really cool about dealing with me.  We fight about her children, and the fact that the oldest is 25, and the youngest 19, and they are freeloaders that will suck our finances dry for their play time.  They play X-Daddy against Mommy to get what they want.  It is ugly and manipulative, and they treat their mom like a piece of shit maid.  She is my girl, and my wife, and it pisses me off.  So yes we fight about it, and I've had to be a prick about NO MORE MONEY FOR FREELOADERS, GET A JOB!!!!!!!!

Other than that she is my best friend, and I love being with her.  Hell if we get rid of the kids, we could go on some really fun vacations!!!!

Her X treated her pretty badly, and her kids are floored when I jump down their throat about how they treat her, and they are real jerks when I back her on what she asks of them, something their father never did.

They are her children, and she loves them very much, so I put up with a lot of crap.

It is the only real conflict we have.

My point about sex and telling your girl about a guys point of view is more for the younger guys and girls.  Most of the older women I know and talk with have come to accept their mans point of view, and they are not programmed with the me only me syndrome.

I can tell my wife anything about sex, and she is OK with it, hell she took me to the titty bar for my 40th birthday (4 years ago) to get a lap dance because I confessed that at 40 I had never had one.  We had a great time, I had a better time with her than with any guys I've ever been with!!!!!

Any guy married in their 20's let me know how that would fly with your wife?

If it is OK, you are the exception rather than the rule.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:09:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Certainly you can be happy and single just as you can be lonely and single.

The same can be said of marriage for not all of them are bad.  There are no absolutes when it comes to relationships.  

I can tell you that there is no greater joy in my life for me than to be with my wife and son. I am as much in love though changed with age as I was 30 years ago.

One thing I know, sex is not a reason to get married.
View Quote

Well said.  Plus, happily married men live significantly longer than unmarried men (check the stats).

In my case, I already have.  Seven years ago I had an offside stroke (left side of brain, so it affected ability to remember names, numbers, etc, rather than motor function). If I'd been single, I'd have lain there and died.  Wife got me to the hospital and so I'm here to write this [:D]

Yeah, it took me three tries to get it right, but definatly worth the effort.

On the other hand, if all you want is sex, by all means stay single. As Tom said, sex ain't the reason to get married. Partnership and the desire to share is.

If you're not mature enough to understand that yet, don't inflict your immaturity on another person.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Are you crazy?

I would not be alive today if not for my wife, she is my second half, she is the part of me that knows right from wrong, she is the keeper of my experience.  SHe bore me two wonderful children, she helped in raising my younger brother and sister, she took care of my mother sa she was dieing and when my father remarried someone her age, guided her and provided support to her, even as my father was dieing.

There is no reason to live, other than to complete that other person, my wants and needs are secondary to *me*, becuase I know they are first and foremost to her.  

Not get married?  The only reason I can think of is because you are too damn stupid to wait for the women that completes you, and if you find yourself with one who doesn't quite do the job initially, you will cut and run on her, not relaizing that compromise (yes, the "C" word) is the largest part of marriage.

ALl the selfish little brats born in the 60's, 70' andnow the 80's want that perfect little union, no work ideal of marriage.

Marriage is the first and only important job you will have in your life, making your spouse happy, in every way should be your only thought, money and possesions stem from that, but are not primary.

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Yea.... Sex AIN'T the reason to get married!!!! 'Cause I don't know about the rest of you guys, but as soon as I slipped the ring on her finger and said I do, it stopped for me!!! Like somebody turned a faucet off!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I think that you have hit the nail on the head.  Placed your shot in the 10 ring!!!!

It is expected, and single people are viewed as lonely and unhappy.  They are NOT!!!!!  Most I know are usually happy in life.  Most married couples I know are unhappy, and or fight a lot.  Including me.

Got married at 21 years old.  Divorced at 30 years old.  Was single until I was 37.  The whole time, my mother (god love her) kept asking me "when are you going to meet a nice girl and settle down and have some kids."  NEVER!!

To add to this, the women are programmed with the "happily ever after" syndrome (not all, but most).  They are looking for "Mr. Right" and they want the "fairlytail white wedding" with the big diamond ring.

I want one guy to tell me that they can tell their wife, or woman that "sex is sex, and it is just for fun", and "given it is for fun, then I could enjoy it with any one".  Watch their reaction, even if you never act on it, or never intend to act on it, you are just stating a guys point of view.

She will make you miserable for telling her the truth.  How many women do I know that expect their man to never even think of sex with another woman.  If I had a dollar for every woman I heard say, "if you think about it you might as well have done it", I'd be rich.

Last I checked I couldn't get STD's from thinking about it!!

Add to this, how many married men do you know that have female friends.  None, that I know, their wives will NEVER allow it.  Hell how many married guys do I know that are made miserable by their wives for having guy friends, and going out and doing guy things!!  Most of them!!

I love my girl, she is my common law wife, as we never got married.  But dealing with an emotional female is a pain in the ass.

Why get married.

1) Society expects it.

2) Family expects it.

3) Women use it as a guage to measure how much you love them, and expect it, if you love them.

No guy I know really wants to get married.  They all did it because the woman wanted it.

Just my 2 cents.
View Quote

Concur.

As someone else said "marriage is a great institution, but who wants to be institutionalized."

Most people marry because it is the expected thing to do. Marry, have 2 kids, work 9 - 5, take vacations to disneyworld, and live happily ever after. I'll pass.

I cannot honestly think of one reason to marry. I have no need to have anyone support me financially nor do I have the desire to support anyone else. I have every benefit in a committed relationship that anyone has in a marriage and more. We stay because we want to, not because we are afraid of the legal cost of divorce or concerns about alimony.

Marriage is solely a legal binding (for some a religious rite). Commitment on the other hand is a personal exchange between two people and should not require legalization to validate the commitment.

So many people marry and think they suddenly have won the lottery and become complacent. Their bodies become flabby (if they ever were in shape), their sex lives drop off, certainly the old adage about oral sex seems to be true (I don't have to do it now that I'm married), and their interests in their spouse drops off. Both husbands and wives stray. The happy marriage is a rarity.

I can't think of anyone I would rather spend time with than my significant other. We have a solid friendship that is the real basis of any successful relationship. We genuinely like one another. We stay because we want to enjoy one another not because we are married. We both have similar goals, interests, educational levels and professions. Our communication and care for one another is what has held us together. That and great sex!

For us marriage would add nothing to our relationship.

TT [coffee]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Yep, sex is not the reason for getting married. If sex is the main reason you can buy cheaper than getting married and you don't get all of the strings that come with marriage, like half of everything you own. Consider the marriage penalty on the Fed taxes, it would be cheaper to be single at least taxes wise.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Marraige is a very bad investment. There is at least a 50% chance you will lose half of everything you own, and get stuck with penalties (allimoney) for the rest of your life.

My recommendation to the young guys is DO NOT get married.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#22]

...Ah, the million dollar question....

I've given it much thought recently considering two different buddies of mine have become engaged. Being the young buck I am, marriage terrifies me ("You mean I'm stuck with this bitch forever?!")

I also look back and noticed that a TON of respectable gentlemen have never been married, yet have lived productive and (seemingly) happy lives.

I mean, what guy wouldn't kill to live a life like George Hamilton???

There is something cool and honorable about the life of a bachelor........
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Marraige is a very bad investment. There is at least a 50% chance you will lose half of everything you own, and get stuck with penalties (allimoney) for the rest of your life.
View Quote

Well stated!!

What investment risk would anyone make if there was a 50% chance you would loose half of everything you own and pay for the investment forever?

Not one.

TT
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Why get married?

Guys that are tired of having sex on a regular basis get married. I fell into the trap years ago. Celibacy isn't so bad.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#25]
You guys are doing something majorily wrong, if the sex spigot turns off after marriage.

Don't you know these women before you decide to marry them?

My wife and I are more sexually active now, after 2 kids and mucho years than we were as newlyweds.

I feel really sorry for the lot of you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

...Ah, the million dollar question....

I've given it much thought recently considering two different buddies of mine have become engaged. Being the young buck I am, marriage terrifies me ("You mean I'm stuck with this bitch forever?!")

I also look back and noticed that a TON of respectable gentlemen have never been married, yet have lived productive and (seemingly) happy lives.

I mean, what guy wouldn't kill to live a life like George Hamilton???

There is something cool and honorable about the life of a bachelor........
View Quote

Or Cary Grant... or Liberace... or...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Why get married?
View Quote

Why, indeed!

Eric The(Dysfunctional)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I was thinking most of us GUYS CAN TAKE CARE OF ourselves
View Quote

[LOLabove]
You can grow hair on your palms from doing that.
[LOL]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was thinking most of us GUYS CAN TAKE CARE OF ourselves
View Quote

[LOLabove]
You can grow hair on your palms from doing that.
[LOL]
View Quote
.....I was'ent talking about that![;)] the occasional DIFFRENT or same hottie lands on your airstrip every so often I'd imagine. I'm off my "shift" now so'ta'speak, and had some sleep luckily. I was married @ 23 w/deptpublicsafty job out of state awaiting. Within 14 months I was seperated/divorced(they make you wait 6months) and back to working in the "family store" back east. From then onend I've been as happy as A clam. EVERY ONE I know who's married hates it, but puts on a front when the spouse/female's around. I could not live my life like that or for someoneELSES happiness, I make my own why would I want depend on anyone else as[b]BM "heilo",[/b]my friend, suggests. AT my age, 45ish, the only women that are around are  mom's putting me at the END of the happiness w/in that NEW family unit should I chose to remarry[whacko] plus the loose MORE than 50% of your stuff if SHE CHOOSES. I'd never marry again, I was stupid once when I was much younger......
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Why get married?
View Quote

Why, indeed!

Eric The(Dysfunctional)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Hope you're doin ok.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#32]
This is a very good question....and after 10 years I still have to ask.....why
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#33]
The best analogy for this one is:

"Remember that it is cheaper to rent than it is
to own."
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Why get married?  Because it's better to be miserable with someone than by yourself.z
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#35]
There is nothing wrong with being single, unless your a woman.

I was (after divorce) for 10 years and happy.

She sneaked up on me and took advantage of my drunkin condition.

I was 40 then and when "I" (yea right) decided she would be nice to spend my life with, it was a done deal.

I am still happy 8 years later.

Be careful, they attack when you least suspect.

Your female friends and relitives are RIGHT NOW trying to set you up.

Married Women hate to see a man single.

Stay on your gaurd.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is a very good question....and after 10 years I still have to ask.....why
View Quote

There's your answer right there ladies and gentlemen.

TS
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:51:53 AM EDT
[#37]
WHy get married?  Why "have" to depend on someone else?

The simple answer is this, becaus ethere is more to the world than *you*.  There is more to the world than your needs, there is more to the world than what you want (and will pout and hold your breath to get).

As much as you want to beleive that the universe revolves around you adn your oh-so-important life, it doesn't.

A spouse that loves you and puts your needs before their own helps you realize that, and when you get over the "Wow, I can make her do any damned thing I please" reaction, and realize that yes, even you have to be subordinate to *her* wishes and demands and desires, then you know that you not only are a human, but you are a mature human.

Any animal can spread its seed, a human does it with forethought and consideration.

Yes, you may be 45, 55 or 65 and you may think of yourself as an adult, but until you can allow someone else into your life, as a spouse should, you are just a little boy.

Simple, hard truth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Well, someone at work had to say this:

"You get married if you want to spend the rest of your life with that person."

This was the comment of someone who was married twice & divorced twice.  And her view was never to get married again....

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why get married?

Guys that are tired of having sex on a regular basis get married. I fell into the trap years ago. Celibacy isn't so bad.
View Quote

Yea really…. [rolleyes]  Instead of going to Victoria secrets and buying something nice for the wife…. I just buy something nice for my hand! [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#40]
[b] Posted by hielo: You guys are doing something majorily wrong, if the sex spigot turns off after marriage.[/b]

I ain't done nothing no different then the first day we laid eyes on each other! [rolleyes]

[b]Don't you know these women before you decide to marry them?[/b]

Yep!  [rolleyes]

[b]My wife and I are more sexually active now, after 2 kids and mucho years than we were as newlyweds.[/b]

Can I move in with you guys? [naughty]

[b]I feel really sorry for the lot of you.[/b]

Don't!  [bow]

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Only reason I will get married

To have kids.  Other than that I will just shack up with a chick.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#43]
After 10 years, I'm starting to wonder wtf was I thinking?
She seriously told  me this weekend, after I brought home a new dog, that if he huurt one of the cats, she would kill him and me...weekend only went downhill from there.

Nick (wondering if he should pull all the firing pins from the guns?)
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Why get married?

So you can fall in love with that person,have 2 wonderful kids, have hard times so the wife can go find another man because she has no guts to stay for the long haul because the "feelings" are not there anymore,divorve you, take just about everything you own, and take you kids and move to another state so you cant see your kids as much as you used to.

Ya I think that is why I tried the marriage thing!

No I am not bitter, just severally hurt, I was a stay at home dad for four years,and had no money for an attorney, so I lost everything. Trusted a women who lied through her teeth to get what she wanted.

ganna take some time for this wound to heal.

Marriage is good if you find the right women to stick around that is more concerned with the vows they make instead of money.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Ah, good to see the "He man, woman haters club" is alive and well.

I really enjoy reading posts telling me how much marrige sux, coming from bitter guys whos distorted views of women and how to treat them, virtually guarantee's they'll never have a successful relationship with a woman.

You guys really have it made!  All us married guys are so jelous we can't stand it!  NOT!

My wife is my best friend, co-pilot, Harley riding partner, shooting partner and she does a all of it as well or better than many of my male friends.  

Even after 13 years of marriage, and 16 years together, she still "rocks my world" regularly.  My folks raised me right, so can't really discuss that much further.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, someone at work had to say this:

"You get married if you want to spend the rest of your life with that person."

This was the comment of someone who was married twice & divorced twice.  And her view was never to get married again....

View Quote

Uhh, she screwed up the quote.

Here's the RIGHT quote...

"Don't marry someone you can live with. Marry the ONE person you can't live without."

And a hearty "Amen" to hielo's posts in this thread.

Pardon the vulgarity, but here's the facts - if yer finding 'em at the bars, then yer only searching among the biotches.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Newlyweds should put a dollar in a jar each time they have sex during the first year of their marriage and for each remaining year they stay married they should take a dollar OUT of the jar each time they have sex.

No matter how long you stay married, you'll NEVER go broke.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, for you guys and gals out there who have great marriages, congratulations.

And for the ones where it went all to heck and back, my sympathy (if you want it).

There are many "opinions" to this subject/question- "Why get married?"  It's probably been asked since the dawn of man and woman getting together..... and will always be asked.  Others can give advice, and a lot of good advice has been given.

Well, I think that only the person asking can answer it themself.  They may ask others, but only they can answer it for themselves.  And when they find that answer with-in themself they will know why.... (a cop-out answer, oh well.)

(Oh yes, I'm one of those "brats" born during the 70's....)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top