Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:04:45 PM EDT
Why depend on "you should know" and "you'll get the idea"?  Why not spell the damned rules out?

Its come up in the past, with myself AND others, and yet you STILL won't spell out the rules.

I honestly believe its so you can enforce what you want, when you want, and avoid being called on your bias towards christianity.  If thats the reason, then fine, just admit it.  Otherwise, please spell the damned rules out, and then STICK TO THEM.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Maybe this Forum could use something like... I dunno... this?

kids.christiansunite.com/images/Bible_Stories/027.jpg

TRG

Or this:

Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You know? this passage from the Koran seems even more appropriate/accurate:

[11.85] And, O my people! give full measure and weight fairly, and defraud not men their things, and do not act corruptly in the land, making mischief:

TRG

There's a similar scripture in the Bible:

Lev 19:35 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure.
36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.

I'm not sure what either of them have to do with this discussion but I've always liked that particular "law." It makes me think of this new testament verse:

Lu 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

FWIW, my reference to "the golden rule" was not directed at the moderator, but rather just a reminder that civil discussion is always in order.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
VA-gn does a good job in the religous forum.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't take my posts as criticism, they are not pointed at VA, at all.

TRG

I dont.
I cant take you serious with mutley as your avatatar anyway.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought Goatboy set the rules and VA just enforces them

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=135&t=372814
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why depend on "you should know" and "you'll get the idea"?  Why not spell the damned rules out?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=135&t=372814

Its come up in the past, with myself AND others, and yet you STILL won't spell out the rules.

Again, www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=135&t=372814

I honestly believe its so you can enforce what you want, when you want, and avoid being called on your bias towards christianity.  If thats the reason, then fine, just admit it.  Otherwise, please spell the damned rules out, and then STICK TO THEM.

The only people I hear constantly crying about the rules are those who are the constant trouble makers.

Most folks, Christian or not, seem to abide just fine by them.

So what's your malfunction?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I have heard talk about this issue before.  I haven't seen it, personally, and I'm not Christian.  If you think there's a religious bias, then I would think it's better to simply take your religious discussions to IM or to other sites.  I usually stay out of the religion forum because I don't wish to get caught in a flamewar.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top