Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 3:47:28 PM EDT
OK, after the Aunt Jemima thread, I decided to see what would come up.  I saw too many pics of Condoleeza when googling Aunt Jemima images, so decided to see what uncle tom would show...

A cop doing his job

Ward Connerly  UC regent

Colin Powell

It's impossible to see how such an incendiary piece of work could be made today - how times do change. Only eight years after this 1972 rant, Williams took the white man's money to play Lando Calrissian

Here is the point.  It is not racial, but socio-political.  You have the Jacksons and Sharptons crying for handouts from the gubment that owes them so much for slavery, but will slam on any black/negro/african American (whichever they prefer to be called at the time) that actually gets off his ass and tries to accomplish something.  According to the jacksons and sharptons, Eli Whitney, Charles Drew (the inventor of modern blood banking), the Tuskeegee airmen, George Alcorn
Nathaniel Alexander
Virgie Ammons
Benjamin Banneker
Patricia Bath
Andrew Jackson Beard
Miriam E. Benjamin
Edmond Berger
Henry Blair
Bessie Blount
Sarah Boone
Otis Boykin
Charles Brooks
Phil Brooks
Henry Brown
Marie Brown
John Albert Burr
George Washington Carver
George Carruthers
Benjamin S. Carson
Emmett W. Chappelle
John Christian
Donald Cotton
David Crosthwait
Mark Dean
Ronald Demon
Joseph Hunter Dickinson
Clatonia Joaquin Dorticus
Dr. Charles Richard Drew
Thomas Elkins
Philip Emeagwali
Sarah E. Goode
Meredith C. Gourdine
George Grant
Augustus Jackson
Thomas L. Jennings
Jack Johnson
Lonnie Johnson
Willis Johnson
Frederick Jones
Marjorie Stewart Joyner
Percy Lavon Julian
Ernest Everett Just
Roscoe Koontz

I could keep going, that is just a partial list of black inventors.  What about black sports heroes (real ones, not the football/basketball bums, but the Olympic types)  All the great blacks in history worthy of the highest praise would all be called uncle Toms by the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons and Kweze Enfume (sp?) of the country.  This disgusts me.  My gripe is not with blacks, but with organisations like the rainbow coalition or the black panthers or the NAACP and other organisations that try to turn every issue into a racial issue.  I personally believe in getting what you earn, regardless of race, creed color or gender.  It offends me that organisations that are supposed to help end discrimination are in themselves so discriminatory.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The Jesse Jackson's and Al Sharpton's have to demonize blacks who succeed because it shows to other blacks that they can also succeed. If blacks realized that the only thing holding them back was themselves then they wouldn't need Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton anymore.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahh have a scheme!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Jesse Jackson's and Al Sharpton's have to demonize blacks who succeed because it shows to other blacks that they can also succeed. If blacks realized that the only thing holding them back was themselves then they wouldn't need Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton anymore.

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hit probability: 87%
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
+2

Jesse Jackson needs to move on.

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Powell is not really black, he only played one on bush's cabinet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#9]
My point is not racial.  It is the fact that these organizations themselves are racially discriminatory.  It is pure hypocrisy and that drives me nuts.  I have nothing against blacks, but despise groups like these and their members, just as I despise the klan.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Right on the money.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I listended to a really good program on NPR recently, where an author was talking about the lack of black success, and part of the point that he raised is that the current generation of black "leaders" like Jackson and Sharpton are all about talking, and inventing problems to talk about, as opposed to the real leaders of the Civil Rights movement, who were all about actions, and solutions to problems.

I wish I could remember the name of the book.  

ETA:  Found it:

John McWhorter: "Winning the Race: Beyond the Crisis in Black America"

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#12]
NPR (national propoganda radio) actualy allowed that? You're just not telling us about the spin they must have put on it...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I listended to a really good program on NPR recently, where an author was talking about the lack of black success, and part of the point that he raised is that the current generation of black "leaders" like Jackson and Sharpton are all about talking, and inventing problems to talk about, as opposed to the real leaders of the Civil Rights movement, who were all about actions, and solutions to problems.

I wish I could remember the name of the book.  

ETA:  Found it:

John McWhorter: "Winning the Race: Beyond the Crisis in Black America"

This is my point exactly.  They demonize those blacks that succeed and consider themselves a success because they are ripping off the black communities and convincing them that there are problems that don't really exist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top