Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2004 6:53:17 PM EDT
Seriously, I'm reading some of this crap and I just don't get it. "I made a lower out of bamboo" or "I served in Iraq and shot this guy on full auto from 100 yds and hit with every shot."

Are people so lonely they need attention from others on a message board? (I realize how contradictory this is me starting a post about attention-mongering, but I'm just trying to procrastinate writing my IR 301 exam).

Seriously though - I have video games, movies and of course my evil black rifle if I want to escape into fantasy land. I just don't understand why people feel the need to make up BS to impress other people sitting infront of their computers who they will probably never see. To top it off, their BS usually stinks so bad they can't even cover it up with bad grammar and lousy spelling.

Have any studies ever been done on this phenomenon?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Relax, it's just the internet.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing else better to do.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a friend that lies about the most trivial things. Lying is second nature to him and he thinks nothing of it. Maybe some of these people are the same.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah... well, I taught a dog to smoke cigarettes.  And he LIKES it!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I love how some of these "internet gun experts" post how this gun or that gun is a pos. Most of it is just some BS they read somewhere else, probably by someone that don't even own the gun they are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
My bladder is soo freakin powerful I pissed into a 55mph wind to put out a forest fire in Kuwait.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I love how some of these "internet gun experts" post how this gun or that gun is a pos. Most of it is just some BS they read somewhere else, probably by someone that don't even own the gun they are talking about.

Yeah, Glocks suck!

CW
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#8]
To get their post counts up, of course. How do you think all those guys get 10000+ post counts?

BTW, did I ever tell you about the time I built a nuclear submarine with toothpicks and bubble gum?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I have my *own* personal saviors, I change 'em every hour, I don't give a fuck if there's life after death, I want to know if there's even any god damn *Slack* after death! I have a triple nose, I was sired by the Anti-Virgin, give me *all* your Slack! I'm *fuel-injected*! They say a godzillion is the highest number there is. Well by God! I count to a godzillion and *one*! Come *on* and give me cancer, I'll spit up the tumor and butter my *bread* with the juice! I've packed the brownies of the space monsters, I leak the Plague from my brows, opiates are the *mass* of my religion, *I wipe the *Pyramids* off my shoes before I enter *my* house!* My droppings bore through the earth and erupt *volcanoes* in *the Atlantis Zoo*!

Praise Bob and stamp out the Pink.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]
fOR EXample
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
To get their post counts up, of course. How do you think all those guys get 10000+ post counts?

BTW, did I ever tell you about the time I built a nuclear submarine with toothpicks and bubble gum?

Toothpicks and bubble gum? Amatuer.  I built an aircraft carrier out of compost and urine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#12]

My bladder is soo freakin powerful I pissed into a 55mph wind to put out a forest fire in Kuwait.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#13]

I have a friend that lies about the most trivial things. Lying is second nature to him and he thinks nothing of it. Maybe some of these people are the same.

I've known people like that too. And then they wonder why you double check everything they do, and why you don't trust them with anything....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
fOR EXample

LOL!  You gave me my first good laugh after a hell of a work week!  Catch that perfect cosmic wave surf  brother.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I like pie. +1. IBTL.  I'd hit it. Stuff it in her pooper and post pics. Free Imbroglio.  

Just because you are aware of the irony of your post doesn't justify it.  If ya don't like it.............
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Because people want to feel important. People feel that if people notice them they are great and powerful and most importanly, important. This is the same reson people have troll acounts. They are so pitiful they beleive that if they lie to people they will never meet there life will have improved.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Glocks suck!

CW

and,
Kimber
and
Colt
and
Bushy
and
SA
and
Wilson
and
Dpms
and
Armalite
and
RRA
and on and on.

I have seen just about every brand called  shit .
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]
This one time, in band camp...

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I once jumped started my battery with bird feces and spit!
Just remember that every one cannot be a high speed low drag operator like you!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Toothpicks and bubble gum? Amatuer.  I built an aircraft carrier out of compost and urine.

Eh, it was just practice. One of my real projects was building a stupidity reverser (out of bubble wrap and Wolf ammo). I hooked it up to the State of California, and wound up with the Starship Enterprise.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Are you talking about the 'Gun Show SEALS' or the Mall Ninja's?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#22]

This one time, in band camp...

Thanks for the pics

I once jumped started my battery with bird feces and spit!
Just remember that every one cannot be a high speed low drag operator like you!

Well, I'm MacGyver, so....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh, it was just practice. One of my real projects was building a stupidity reverser (out of bubble wrap and Wolf ammo). I hooked it up to the State of California, and wound up with the Starship Enterprise.

Ooooo.  Sounds enthralling.  Kinda like my internal combustion engine that runs on eyelashes.  I can't let anyboyd know about it.  Crap... nevermind last sentence.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ooooo.  Sounds enthralling.  Kinda like my internal combustion engine that runs on eyelashes.  I can't let anyboyd know about it.  Crap... nevermind last sentence.

Uh oh, you've violated OPSEC. All your eyelash engines are belong to us! I need it to power my Styrofoam battle tank.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
fOR EXample

Bragging about fancy bathrooms and expensive cars?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fOR EXample

Bragging about fancy bathrooms and expensive cars?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I took out a squirrel at 5,000 meters in a high wind with iron sights on my Daisy red ryder before I shot my eye out
I did this when I was a SEAL in 1988
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I agree...I hate people that post bullshit.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Are people so lonely they need attention from others on a message board?

Yeah, so what?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Love me.

Please.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I think it's also important to consider the OTHER SIDE of this "phenomenon"

Absolutely, there are a bunch of posers on this site, ranging from those who try to invent a completely fictional fantasy persona on the internet, to the people who just lie about a particular thing (like serving in the military, or in an elite units), to people that just have strong opinions about things they don't know much about.

However, it's also worth remembering that there are TONS of people here with really diverse and fascinating backgrounds - and the range of amazing things that members on this site have experience are no doubt quite unbelievable at times.  

I mean - I've never told a lie on this site - but how unlilkely do some of the things I claim sound???

.. I mean, who really believes I'm NOT Dutch .
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I think it's also important to consider the OTHER SIDE of this "phenomenon"

Absolutely, there are a bunch of posers on this site, ranging from those who try to invent a completely fictional fantasy persona on the internet, to the people who just lie about a particular thing (like serving in the military, or in an elite units), to people that just have strong opinions about things they don't know much about.

However, it's also worth remembering that there are TONS of people here with really diverse and fascinating backgrounds - and the range of amazing things that members on this site have experience are no doubt quite unbelievable at times.  

I mean - I've never told a lie on this site - but how unlilkely do some of the things I claim sound???

.. I mean, who really believes I'm NOT Dutch .

Or that you don't wear wooden shoes.

But oyur point is weel taken.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh, you've violated OPSEC. All your eyelash engines are belong to us! I need it to power my Styrofoam battle tank.

Did I mention I created projectiles powered by CFCs from hairspary cans?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Drugs. We post bullshit because of drugs.

(the remainder of this post has been edited out for fear that somebody will take it seriously.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#37]
This thread is great, by the way I made a rocket ship out of 100mph tape and snot, flew it to the moon and back. the moon is really made of green cheese,yea know.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#38]
This is all very interesting. Did I ever tell you guys about the time at band camp when I was standing behind Cabin 9, knee-deep in grenade pins?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#39]
This thread needs a poll.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#40]
This is what I hate about what has become of arfcom. People can't get a straight answer anymore. AdrianUSP9 came here looking for an answer to a very interesting question and I swear this is what goes through peoples mind.

Seriously, I'm reading some of this crap and I just don't get it. "I made a lower out of bamboo" or "I served in Iraq and shot this guy on full auto from 100 yds and hit with every shot."

Are people so lonely they need attention from others on a message board? (I realize how contradictory this is me starting a post about attention-mongering, but I'm just trying to procrastinate writing my IR 301 exam).

Seriously though - I have video games, movies and of course my evil black rifle if I want to escape into fantasy land. I just don't understand why people feel the need to make up BS to impress other people sitting infront of their computers who they will probably never see. To top it off, their BS usually stinks so bad they can't even cover it up with bad grammar and lousy spelling.

Ahh screw that I'm gonna post some BS.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#41]

This thread needs a poll.

poll added!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I swear, EVERY TIME I see your avatar I smile !  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#43]
wanna post some links to BS on this site?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Their mothers didn't breast feed them so they suck off the arfcom tit.  That or bad weed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Back in Nam when i was in 1st 2nd company,SF,Sniper Recon Paratroop Seal ,black ops platoon.........
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Relax, it's just the internet.

+1
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Why do people speak BS in bars? Same thing.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You mean like this worthless thread???
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#50]
why does the sun rise in the east?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top