Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:03:27 AM EDT
... I got to thinking "It's about time Satch put a disc out" so I checked his website. Turns out he's already released a disc.

I'll wait 'til the new Pearl Jam disc comes out and pick them both up at once.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The two best live guitar sounds I've ever heard were Satch and Gary Moore, both at the Bayou in Wash DC (now long gone).

Satch had a wall of Silver Jubilee Marshalls, and played strictly Ibanez.  Moore's stuff was all hidden, but this was before his Blues revival, so he was playing all Charvels.  I'm guessing Marshalls for amps, but you never know.  He did an absolutely smoking appearance on Letterman to promote Still Got the Blues way back when, and he had a Saldano that night.  He left Paul Scheaffer slackjawed, it was that good.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The two best live guitar sounds I've ever heard were Satch and Gary Moore, both at the Bayou in Wash DC (now long gone).

Satch had a wall of Silver Jubilee Marshalls, and played strictly Ibanez.  Moore's stuff was all hidden, but this was before his Blues revival, so he was playing all Charvels.  I'm guessing Marshalls for amps, but you never know.  He did an absolutely smoking appearance on Letterman to promote Still Got the Blues way back when, and he had a Saldano that night.  He left Paul Scheaffer slackjawed, it was that good.  

Original Charvels or the new piece of shit models?  I still have one original Charvel and let me tell you its twice the player as the new one I bought and then sold.  Hell I even have a original Kramer that still blows most guitars away.  I still say its hard to beat a American Fat Strat with the volume pot lowered and a Original Floyd Rose Oh hey wait thats a Charvel
BTW Stach has a new CD out
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw Satch live at Hara Arena in Dayton, OH around 1990, he was absolutely awesome.

Stevie Saless(sp?) Color Code was the opening act, Stevie was studio musician and Satch blew him right out of the water.

I'll be on the look out for Satch's new disc. Damn, I've been I fan for almost twenty years.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I saw Satch live at Hara Arena in Dayton, OH around 1990, he was absolutely awesome.

Stevie Saless(sp?) Color Code was the opening act, Stevie was studio musician and Satch blew him right out of the water.

I'll be on the look out for Satch's new disc. Damn, I've been I fan for almost twenty years.

ack, me too!

You're getting old, man...  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ack, me too!

You're getting old, man...  

Gee, thanks for the astute observation.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#6]
wow has it been that long?? My favorite is still "Surfin with the Alien" Now if Eddie would just get his shit together and get back at it, to this day I cant figure out why he and Dave just cant agree to disagree and get over it, move on and show thses kids of today how its really done?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Gary Moore rocks!!!

He does one of the most killer versions of The Thrill is Gone with B. B. King I've ever heard.  It's a damn shame there aren't many if any radio stations that play either of these guys music anymore. In this world of corporate radio real rock formats of any kind are dead.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hey, I was at that show!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I love Satch.

There's a video out there of that 14 year old virtuoso guitar chick from the south somewhere playing one of his songs and its FANTASTIC.

I'll see if I can dig up a link.

ETA:   Here's the link.  Her name is Chelsea Constable, and she's playing the Satch Boogie, one of my favorites.  (note for note).  

link

Be patient, it uses some sort of flash player and takes a while to load (watch the counter in the upper right hand).

Kid's pretty good, ain't she!

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I was at that show!!!

"Flying in a Blue Dream", oh yeah!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Original Charvels or the new piece of shit models?  I still have one original Charvel and let me tell you its twice the player as the new one I bought and then sold.  Hell I even have a original Kramer that still blows most guitars away.  I still say its hard to beat a American Fat Strat with the volume pot lowered and a Original Floyd Rose Oh hey wait thats a Charvel
BTW Stach has a new CD out

originals...I saw him in '87.  I don't think he's been to the U.S. since then, not that I heard about, anyway.  You'd think that in 20 years, he would have been here, but I don't recall ever hearing about him touring.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Anybody keep up with Vinnie Moore?  He was smokin' back in the 80's
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#13]
On it.
I have met Joe and he is a stand up guy. Best live guitarist I have every seen/heard.
Met Steve Vai that night too... Very arrogent, very much suffers from ROCK STAR illness. Night and day from satch.

CH
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And pick up a Dress to wear too!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And pick up a Dress to wear too!

Um no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top