Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:33:32 PM EDT
You would think they would move somewhere their craft is respected instead of contributing state sales tax to their anti Second Amendment state govts. ie. CT, NY, IL, MA and so on. Even Barrett stoped LE sales to Commiefornia.

Whats the deal?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
when they started the states werent as bad as they are now.  moving a large business is horribly expensive too.  though I wouldnt mind having some of them move to the Uzi Triangle
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
They are sticking it to the man!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Good question.

CRC
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It shows you the hypocracy of the entire "anti-gun" debate, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
disgrunteled employees?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#7]

It shows you the hypocracy of the entire "anti-gun" debate, doesn't it?

An excelent point. I don't see any of these states calling for the gun mfgs. to take their evil tax dollars and leave.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Because they are in traditional industrial centers.

Of course, these areas are also traditionally blue-collar/union, thus left-leaning.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe alot of them were started there around the time of the Civil War. Springfield and Colt were there before the war I think! The entire Connecticut River valley up to NH and Maine was a big industrial area.  They called it the Gun Valley or something like that!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder about this too
Wouldn't you think Wyoming or Montana would give them a couple million to come?
and who wouldn't leave?
costs are lower, wages are lower, taxes are lower, etc

I wouldn't do business in a state that was against me.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]
You know, a few years ago, there was a story circulating that some "radical" anti-gunners went to a gun show and sold "fake" sealed cans of reloading powder with the WRONG powder inside, resulting in many a kaboom and some hospitalization from overpressured rounds.

I have to say I'd be a bit worried about the occasional QC issue from an employee if I did business out of one of the rabidly antigun states.   You just need one employee who's partaken of the coolaid.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By John Parker:
I believe alot of them were started there around the time of the Civil War. Springfield and Colt were there before the war I think! The entire Connecticut River valley up to NH and Maine was a big industrial area.  They called it the Gun Valley or something like that!

Yep.
Traditional centers of industry.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#13]
The CT Valley has been the center of manufacturing for a lot of things. The skilled people were here to do the job. Remington had a huge ammo factory in Bridgeport then shifted to Arkansas. Winchester is gone, Beretta was in Ridgefield that's before they started to manufacture in the US. Although we have an awb in CT we still have a CCW, and can own Full auto weapons.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#14]
It's the only real buisness that the states have, yet the states are trying to drive them bankrupt.

I would love it if all the firearm and firearm related companies in Illinois moved out.
Not only because Illinois is a crap state, but also because Illinois is a state where the polotics are corrupt enough for the entire USA.  Illinois poloticians are probably ripping those people off more than the other buisnesses.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Dont know but I am happy that the New owner of Calico Weapons Systems opened up a shop here in OR.  We NEED more businesses like that.

CH
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#16]
The weather is nice here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#17]
there'll be quite a shock when the commies finally run the gun companies out of town
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Not all gun companies are located in Gun Valley, I think Ruger has a SoTA investment casting facility in Prescott AZ, but I think Ruger is headquartered in CT.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Not all gun companies are located in Gun Valley, I think Ruger has a SoTA investment casting facility in Prescott AZ, but I think Ruger is headquartered in CT.

Yep. There is a automated cut-off saw in that facility that I worked on the designs for. The yalso make Callaway golf clubs there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Didn't Lieberman get some exemption back in the Clinton administration because Colt is in his district?
Seems like I remember his stopping Clinton naming the AR15 as a destructive device or some shit like that.

What a loser, proves he has no principles or loyalty to anyone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd love to see some of them come to Florida.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#22]
They weren't born antigun states.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Isn't Jack Daniels produced in a "dry" county?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Isn't Jack Daniels produced in a "dry" county?

yes
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I note that many firearms manufacturers have located in Georgia, a gun friendly state.

Remember when Morton Grove, IL passed a handgun ban?  Kennesaw, GA passed an ordnance requiring citizens to possess firearms for protection.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
RRA, Armalite, Springfield Armory and someone else all threatened to move out of Illinois if they passed an Assault Weapons Ban.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I guess it's because they want their employees to work and be productive, not spend all their time test driving the product on the range.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
It's the only real buisness that the states have, yet the states are trying to drive them bankrupt.

I would love it if all the firearm and firearm related companies in Illinois moved out.
Not only because Illinois is a crap state, but also because Illinois is a state where the polotics are corrupt enough for the entire USA.  Illinois poloticians are probably ripping those people off more than the other buisnesses.

That is exactly what the Firearm Manufacturing Community told Illinois  what would happen if
they pass  a state AWB ban.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#29]

RRA, Armalite, Springfield Armory and someone else all threatened to move out of Illinois if they passed an Assault Weapons Ban.

I hope that they never have to make good on that threat but if the AWB does pass they should go elswhere.

Come on down here to Florida. Everyone else from the north seems to end up here sooner or later.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I've always found it odd that the case my Kimber came is has a sticker on it that says not for sale in Maryland and New York but it is made in New York.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top