Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 10:57:16 PM EDT
Every time talk of an AWB comes up, people talk about burying their guns cased within PVC.

Why PVC? What's the logic/science behind this?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh...it's waterproof.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They make pipes with it. Pipes which are usually buried underground and contain elements, like water, which are not to be mixed with the surrounding dirt. PVC does this job well. PVC is inexpensive. PVC comes in large diameters which will contain a rifle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
WHAT??

Everyone knows this!

Did you get burned in the face with a cigarette or something?

Maybe it's a cheap, easily obtainable, waterproof material that can last a while.  I don't know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheap, plentiful, easy to worth with, waterproof, durable, etc...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Every time talk of an AWB comes up, people talk about burying their guns cased within PVC.

Why PVC? What's the logic/science behind this?

Cheap, light, easy to seal, easy to find, easy to cut and reseal, impermeable to water and gas exchange when sealed properly, lasts forever if shielded from light...lots of reasons.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They make pipes with it. Pipes which are usually buried underground and contain elements, like water, which are not to be mixed with the surrounding dirt. PVC does this job well. PVC is inexpensive. PVC comes in large diameters which will contain a rifle.

And you can pick up a whole bunch of it at the store without anyone giving you a second look.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Rifles can fit into wide diameter PVC tubes, you can seal them up real nice
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, that answers it good enough for me.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
To keep the guns dry after the boating accident of course !
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
The real question is what's your boating accident story?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Get both at the same time...
Airsoft !
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The real question is what's your boating accident story?

I was running fiber optic cable across this pond last summer.  Telecom, ya know.  Anyhoo, I had my guns with me in case I ran into Pond Pirates.  Well.. all was going fine until this kid started skipping stones in the pond.  The ripples capsized my boat. Ship sank, me and ALL my guns went overboard.  I was wearing full winter survival gear and I was sure I would have drowned. Luckily for me, my feet touched bottom and I was able to walk out of the pond.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top