Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 10:06:29 PM EDT

IMO, the following are NOT good reasons for voting for Bush:
1.  Because I'm scared that my vote is going to be the one that get's Kerry elected.  
2.  Because of his policies on runaway spending, no-child left behind, prescription drugs, campaign finance, etc.
3.  Because I have any delusions that he'll be any better on similar issues in his next term.

This is the main reason I AM voting for Bush:
I believe that the the less votes that Bush gets (or the less unified we are), the more the Muslims will be encouraged to continue with their terrorism.  If some pedophile worshipper here is enboldened by lack of support for THE main leader in this war, then I might have to share in some of the guilt when he blows up a school or something - But only if I contributed to that lack of support.

Ancillary reasons for voting for Bush also include:
Libertarian policy on the war is a joke.  And their "open borders" stuff is stupid.  It used to be more like - "let peaceful people enter peacefully".  So the Libertarian alternative has gotten slightly less attractive to me.

Also Bush seems to have some integrity.  He does what he sees is right, insteaad of checking what the polls say.  I think he's doing what he sees as the right thing instead of trying to gain popularity in the world.

So if anyone else is out there, pondering whether to do the "protest vote", then maybe this will give you another angle to consider when deciding.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Good enough.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm voting for Bush because he is the best man who is running for the job.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the fold, Brother libertarian!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, the Libertarian positions on the WOT and "open borders" have been Just Plain Whack-o, and have alienated a lot of former supporters (myself included).

So, welcome to the "lunatic fringe" of the Republican Party!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]
libertarian:
You know why you're voting for Bush?

Because you are a smart American!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Libertarian here, also voting for Bush.

It is a tactical descision for me.

If kerry is elected, there will be more gun control, and more rifles banned. If bush is elected maybe there won't be another awb for a few years.

We need to get as many AW's in the hands of americans as possible for "that day".  

I think it is a good bet that bush will betray us on guns. As his father before him. Mark my words. But sometimes you have to lose a finger to save a hand. And as I say we KNOW kerry will do everything he can to ban guns.

Of course there is also the terror/war aspect.  

I admire bush as the first president in history to make a real policy on terror. (that will will attack any country who supports it)  

I also think he honestly believes what he says. Unlike most lying political scum.  

I am voting BUSH!

I urge all Libertarians to bite the bullet and do the same this time around.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Libertarian here, also voting for Bush.

It is a tactical descision for me.

How can it possibly be a "tactical decision" for you?  Montana is polling 55% Bush, 34% Kerry.  In 2000, it went for Bush by similarly enormous margins.  There is no benefit whatsoever in Montana for "wasting your vote" on Bush.  For someone in Ohio, or Florida, or Wisconsin, it would be a damn shame to waste a vote on the LP candidate, but in Montana, it's not going to matter who you vote for as long as Kerry is losing by a 20% margin anyway.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Solid point, friend.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#10]
True, unless you are in a battleground state, your presidential vote doesn't count for much.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm voting for Bush because he is the best only man who is running for the job.

There fixed it for you.

How true!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
True, unless you are in a battleground state, your presidential vote doesn't count for much.

Wrong.  Knowing left's push against the electoral college and emphasis on popular vote, every vote for Bush WILL count when it comes to shutting up their bitching after he wins, if it's close or he doesn't get the full popular vote.  Every vote for Bush is like a slap in their face.

--Josh
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in the Libertarian Party, I like them (despite their obsession with legalizing cannabis), but I vote Republican.

Libertarians I agree with 80%, but they just aren't a viable party.  They dont win elections.

Republicans I agree with 50%, but they're the only realistic opposition to the

DEMOCRATS, who I agree with maybe 5%?  On abortion and death penalty.  That's it.  They need to be kept out of power.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Bush can't win in Kali-fornia, so this year I'm going to write in Ralph Nader, otherwise I would go with Bush.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Good for you.

I hope you realize that nobody will ever have a candidate whom they agree completely with to vote for. We always vote for the best man for the job, and that's George W. Bush.

I do agree with quite a few points on the Libertarian ticket, but in this day and age, they're completely off the mark on the War on Terror, and that's the most important thing in the Presidency. Congress holds most of the power over domestic policy, so it's fairly easy to "fix" a domestic policy we don't agree with. But the President has almost complete say in how war and foreign policy is handled, so electing a President that won't handle this correctly could be a disaster.

Of course, the Libertarian party is also nowhere near ready for fielding a serious Presidential candidate. Who's going to be their Vice President and Cabinet? Where's their Congressional support? They don't have any of it. This is why only 1-5% of voters are willing to vote for the Libertarian presidential candidate in elections. I'll think about voting for them when they have at least a third or so of Congress and a handful of State Governors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top