Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 4:43:31 PM EDT
Do you ever get the impression that a lot of people consider Racism to be the worst possible evil? Many people call someone a racist as a general insult. Racism is one of the few viewpoints that you aren't allowed to advocate here on Arfcom. The one thing you aren't allowed to bring up anywhere.

Not that Racism is good or anything. But there's far worse things out there - Communism. Communism has murdered over 100 million people this century, and oppressed and enslaved billions. What has Racism done by comparison? A relative handful of murders, and some oppression of a relatively small number of people for part of the century. Despite this, people in this country advocate Communism all the time, and nobody seems to care much. Communism certainly won't get you an automatic ban from Arfcom.

I order my concerns based on the likely threat level:

What are Racists doing today politically? Essentially, nothing. There's a few small groups out there, but they have no representation anywhere politically.

How about Christians? There's a hell of a lot of politically active Christians, but I don't see them advocating anything all that bad. Some people think that they will in the future, but I'll fight that if/when I see it.

Muslims? Little true political representation, generally not very well regarded by most Americans. Sure, some Communist-types spend a lot of time defending them, but nobody's even thinking about moving in the general direction of legislated Islam or Death. There are some nasty bastards around the world, but we can win against them easily, given proper support.

Meanwhile, large numbers of politicians advocate and try to legislate Communism every day. They're not all card-carrying, hammer-and-sickle-wearing Commies, but their positions and tactics are the same. These guys are the most serious danger by far.

So, does this bother anyone else? Why is Racism verboten, but Communism okey-dokey? Discuss.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Liberalism is worse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Because your political beliefs (ie, Pinko, Republican, Conservative, Libtard, Libertarian) are your opinion. They arent a religion, they arent something youre born with.
Racism is disliking, discriminating against, or treating someone negatively because they were born who they are. Race isnt a choice.

Simple as that.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Once you get used to the fact that no matter what you do or say, you will never *not* be a racist in the eyes of the PC leftists...life will be much more meaningful.

Of course, this post only applies if you are white.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Communism has murdered over 100 million people this century

Dude, that a bunch of death in a little over 6 years.  The Asian Bird Fru better get started or it won't even touch that!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
It's some kind of misplaced guilt complex. Course, It is pretty f***ed up to think poorly of someone just because of how they look.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Good question.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
After all the programming that we and especially younger people have been/are being subjected to, you have to ask that question?

Man, you can't go 10 minutes without being subjected to the message!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone has the thinking cap on tonight.  Something that I have never thought of though it will be something to ponder.

Great  post.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Because your political beliefs (ie, Pinko, Republican, Conservative, Libtard, Libertarian) are your opinion. They arent a religion, they arent something youre born with.
Racism is disliking, discriminating against, or treating someone negatively because they were born who they are. Race isnt a choice.

Simple as that.  

I'd say that Racists want to murder and oppress some people, Communists want to murder and oppress everyone. I'm not into murder and oppression of anyone, so Racism looks like the lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Once you get used to the fact that no matter what you do or say, you will never *not* be a racist in the eyes of the PC leftists...life will be much more meaningful.

That much is true.

People are always going to be prejudiced.  There's just no way around it.  Each person or group of people form opinions on other people or groups of people based on their interactions with those people or groups of people.

To be frank, I've never had any 'bad' experiences with blacks, hispanics, etc.  I have had bad experiences with what some might call 'white trash'.  But I still cast a somewhat cautious eye towards blacks, hispanics, etc.  Not all the time, but in certain situations.

I am guilty of judging people based on their dress, manner of speaking, body language, etc.

I guess the thing that chaps my hide more than any other is the prevailing thought that only whites can be racists.  Watch the FX show Black.White for evidence of that.  Both sides in the episode I watched last week were leery of the other race.  But the whites in the focus group expressed a great deal of societally-induced guilt.  The blacks just talked about 'those crazy white people'.

I try to see people for what they are, regardless of their skin color.  Sometimes it is quite easy, other times it isn't.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Ask the WW2 vets what they called their enemies and it wasn't politically correct.  Same for Nam vets.  Wonder what the terrorists, etc. are called by our soldiers today-bet it isn't politically correct. We can be called Honkies and it is acceptable. A white person using the N word is considered a raciss.  B.S.

Attacking someone for calling somebody else a name is feel good that serves no prupose other than making the attacker fell morally superior.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I didnt take it that you were talking about the acts commited by the "ists". I took it as asking why the belief itself was considered the worst.

Even if you look at it that way, Communists kill and oppress due to beliefs. You can control beliefs, although one may not get honest answers when asking about beliefs. You cant control who or what you are born as.  

I'm not defending communists or racists.
It just seems "Wronger" to oppress and kill over something that is out of the victims control (skin color or nationality), rather than killing and oppressing over beliefs that may or may not be changed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I didnt take it that you were talking about the acts commited by the "ists". I took it as asking why the belief itself was considered the worst.

Even if you look at it that way, Communists kill and oppress due to beliefs. You can control beliefs, although one may not get honest answers when asking about beliefs. You cant control who or what you are born as.  

I'm not defending communists or racists.
It just seems "Wronger" to oppress and kill over something that is out of the victims control (skin color or nationality), rather than killing and oppressing over beliefs that may or may not be changed.

I think you misunderstand - Communists kill and oppress EVERYONE. Even other Communists, eventually. I could kinda see your point if they killed and oppressed only people who believed a certain way, say Capitalists, but as far as I can tell, they don't. They inevitably form totalitarian dictatorships, who tend to murder anyone who might challenge the current leader, including other loyal Communists.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Because some people are sooooooo fucking thin skinned that they imagine that they are being called names, even when no one uses the word that they are all upset about.

If you would have told me that someone would be accused of calling someone else the "N" word, but that the person being accused never actually used the "N" word then I probably would have laughed. Well, it's not a laughing matter anymore is it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#16]
nationallampoon.sitestream.com/LostRealityCips.vsml?package=1830635&vsus=&vsps=&media=1871096

Check this out I think you might like it. Amazing Racisitt2 300k is the name of the file
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't like all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons.

Race isn't one of the reasons though.

GM
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Do you ever get the impression that a lot of people consider Racism to be the worst possible evil? Many people call someone a racist as a general insult. Racism is one of the few viewpoints that you aren't allowed to advocate here on Arfcom. The one thing you aren't allowed to bring up anywhere.

Not that Racism is good or anything. But there's far worse things out there - Communism. Communism has murdered over 100 million people this century, and oppressed and enslaved billions. What has Racism done by comparison? A relative handful of murders, and some oppression of a relatively small number of people for part of the century. Despite this, people in this country advocate Communism all the time, and nobody seems to care much. Communism certainly won't get you an automatic ban from Arfcom.

I order my concerns based on the likely threat level:

What are Racists doing today politically? Essentially, nothing. There's a few small groups out there, but they have no representation anywhere politically.

How about Christians? There's a hell of a lot of politically active Christians, but I don't see them advocating anything all that bad. Some people think that they will in the future, but I'll fight that if/when I see it.

Muslims? Little true political representation, generally not very well regarded by most Americans. Sure, some Communist-types spend a lot of time defending them, but nobody's even thinking about moving in the general direction of legislated Islam or Death. There are some nasty bastards around the world, but we can win against them easily, given proper support.

Meanwhile, large numbers of politicians advocate and try to legislate Communism every day. They're not all card-carrying, hammer-and-sickle-wearing Commies, but their positions and tactics are the same. These guys are the most serious danger by far.

So, does this bother anyone else? Why is Racism verboten, but Communism okey-dokey? Discuss.

I'm not gifted enough to answer the question without being banned for violating the CoC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting side note, I had MTV on the other night and a message came up at the bottom that you could vote on with the remote via my digital cable box.  It asked if racism was a problem in the U.S. and I answered "NO"    It said thank you for your vote, LOL
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I'm way beyond that - I don't care what they or anyone else calls me. Those people whose opinions matter can see the truth for what it is.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#21]
When racism looses it's sting dems will no longer be able to use it as a wedge between blacks and the right.  If that day ever comes few dems will ever be elected again.  That's why the major media continually stirs the pot of racial hatred and the myth of racism.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#22]
um...

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Oh and IBTTBK1L.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It's some kind of misplaced guilt complex. Course, It is pretty f***ed up to think poorly of someone just because of how they look.

What about when you think poorly of someone because of their actions, yet because they are of a certain race, your thoughts are considered racist?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I would put racism in the top two major killers though out history...right next to religious intolerance.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#26]

I believe the question was answered by Nikita Khrushchev ~"We will destroy the United States  from with-in"

First let's make every American a criminal.  Those that aren't we will label them far worse than if they committed a Capital crime(hence...Racist, Bigot, Homophobe...ect.)

Second we'll attack everything sacred to the sheeple and deem it bad or against the law.(George Washington, T Jefferson,  Star Spangled Banner,  2nd Admendment, Militia's, Guns, Robert E. Lee,  The South,  Confederate Battle Flag,  NASCAR,  SUV's,  Four-wheelers,  Jet-ski's,  One's Heritage(unless you're a minority),  History(real history, not a distortion of the facts or made-up-feel-good-bullshit the schools try to pass off as truth),  Public Land(It's our's dammit),  The signers to the Declaration of Independence,  War Memorials,  War Heroes,  Patriots,  Santa Clause,  Baby Jesus,  Thanksgiving,  Easter,  Christmas,  Lee-Jackson/Confederate Memorial Day,  President's Day,  Chuck Norris,  Ted Nuggent,  Rush Limbaugh,  Ann Coulter,  Constitution of the United States, Winning in Little League/T-ball,  Being smarter than someone else,  DUI's,  Getting Rich or at least trying to make a living,  Believing that Adultery is bad, And we could go on and on...ect.)

And Third~ Attack God and all that believe in him.  

Satan works in mysterious ways also...Basic Good vs Evil
Divide and Conquer.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I agree. I have also seen that the people screaming "racism" every time you turn around are often the true racists.

By the way I do not believe most "racists" want to "kill everyone else". If that were true most people in the world would already be dead. For some PC reason only whites are considered racists. I have traveled the world and one thing I have seen is that most nations greatly dislike anyone that is not of their kind. The American PC goons never seem to mention that though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#28]
though racism isn't one of the more attractive attributes of the human condition, lefty PC bullshit is what makes it at the top of the most henious crime list.  the fact is, in a FREE COUNTRY no one is required to like anyone else.  AND, they can dislike people for whatever reasons they choose--or no reason at all.

sure slavery was a bad thing.  the holocuast was a bad thing. oppression is bad in general.  BUT, the backlash against such horrors has swung the PC pendulum so far back in the opposite direction that now even white liberals act like they hate being white.  furthermore, it has become ok to have all black colleges, the united negro college fund, miss black america, NAACP et al AND those organizations are totally exclusive.  try starting the NAAWP and see what happens.  Jesse jackson will be up your ass faster than you can say "drive by shooting".

i don't mean to single out black people here, its just that they are the highest profile race that has suffered oppression in this country for many many years.

i guess my point is, you can't legislate feelings.  it is illegal to commit hate crimes, and it is illegal to discriminate for jobs etc, but you can't MAKE people feel a certain way.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Because liberals, and especially the news and entertainment media, have the notion that White people have been oppressors all through history, pushing the various dark-skinned peoples around.  

This is very painful to them, so they want to see that reversed, so long as they are not directly affected by it.  That is why racism is the highest sin.  

The irony is that if White people have always been able to push the dark-skinned peoples around, that means Whites have always been inherently superior.

Just give it time, all of the West will look and act like Brazil in 150 years if current trends continue, and their self hatred will collapse on itself...

The only sollution I can think of involves a rope and a tree...

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple as that.  

I'd say that Racists want to murder and oppress some people, Communists want to murder and oppress everyone. I'm not into murder and oppression of anyone, so Racism looks like the lesser of two evils.

Some people maintain they just want to be left alone, or do not want their race mixed with another.  

It seems hypocritical that many groups can have heritage months or "pride," but others cannot for fear of being called a racist.  I think it's bullshit.

Bottom line:  Don't worry about what other people think, and do not try to change other's minds.

Mind your own business and keep your opinions to yourself.  

B_S
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I'll play devil's advocate here. I *AM* "racist" to a some degree. There are some races that simply irritate me in a "stereotypical sense", I can't help it, I'm human. Per CoC, to divulge WHAT races I don't particular care for is unacceptable, thus, I won't digress. Some here might say, Gee, The Wiz is a bigot, and, ok, they are probably right, but, can ANYONE say that they are truly NOT racist to SOME degree? I'll probably get flamed, that's ok, but in this thread, a little honesty here. No, I do not believe that racism is the worst possible evil. There are plenty of uglier acts that people have done to others where race was not an issue.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I believe the question was answered by Nikita Khrushchev ~"We will destroy the United States  from with-in"

First let's make every American a criminal.  Those that aren't we will label them far worse than if they committed a Capital crime(hence...Racist, Bigot, Homophobe...ect.)

Second we'll attack everything sacred to the sheeple and deem it bad or against the law.(George Washington, T Jefferson,  Star Spangled Banner,  2nd Admendment, Militia's, Guns, Robert E. Lee,  The South,  Confederate Battle Flag,  NASCAR,  SUV's,  Four-wheelers,  Jet-ski's,  One's Heritage(unless you're a minority),  History(real history, not a distortion of the facts or made-up-feel-good-bullshit the schools try to pass off as truth),  Public Land(It's our's dammit),  The signers to the Declaration of Independence,  War Memorials,  War Heroes,  Patriots,  Santa Clause,  Baby Jesus,  Thanksgiving,  Easter,  Christmas,  Lee-Jackson/Confederate Memorial Day,  President's Day,  Chuck Norris,  Ted Nuggent,  Rush Limbaugh,  Ann Coulter,  Constitution of the United States, Winning in Little League/T-ball,  Being smarter than someone else,  DUI's,  Getting Rich or at least trying to make a living,  Believing that Adultery is bad, And we could go on and on...ect.)

And Third~ Attack God and all that believe in him.  

Satan works in mysterious ways also...Basic Good vs Evil
Divide and Conquer.

I find it funny that you would use that Khrushchev quote and moan about the confederacy getting no respect...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about when you think poorly of someone because of their actions, yet because they are of a certain race, your thoughts are considered racist?

Negative, Holmes. That's called "bigotry." Racism, IMO, is defined as doing something active to prevent another person of different color than your own from enjoying a benefit, or from being protected from a harm, simply BECAUSE you don't like people of their racial group.

A bigot merely distrusts/dislikes others in the broad racial group other than his, but feels that every man is an individual who must prove himself worthy of respect.

An "open-minded" or "unbigoted" person sees race as a non-issue, or attaches no importance to someone's race.

I would classify myself as being somewhere between "open-minded" and "bigoted." This comes from years of exposure to things that have made me more conscious of race-politics from both White, Black, Brown, and Yellow persons, but most importantly, from the deletarious effects of Socialism.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought the worst crime was when the government didn't jump fast enough to give freebies to the lazy and unmotivated minorities .
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:12:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Racism is the most hienious of all evils because of one and only thing.

White guilt.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:22:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
Racism is the most hienious of all evils because of one and only thing.

White guilt.

Or envy?  It really depends what perscription glasses you're wearing.  What you're talking about is prejudism.  Racism breeds prejudism.  Not the other way around.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:10:48 AM EDT
[#37]
the charge of "racism" has been so over used by people who have no other valid arguments that it no longer has any real meaning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top