Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2023 5:36:59 PM EDT
My mom always wore her hose.

Why was this a thing?

I can’t remember the last time I saw anyone under 70 wearing hose.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If you take look at women’s legs today you have to ask yourself, why isn’t it a thing anymore!
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Made it easier for stickup artists to breathe.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Kept Joe Namath warm.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Because, most women, who worked for a living, legs were white as snow, never out in the sun to tan.  Plus, if you had hair nubs from not shaving daily, they hid it.  Nylons and support hose make a Lady’s legs look ‘refined’.

I’m actually applaud, seeing a woman without nylons.  Scruffy leg hair, uneven structure, etc.  

Ladies used to take pride in their appearance.

Not anymore.  Absolutely no thought to what they appear to be.

My 94 y.o. MIL, showers, does her hair, puts on her makeup, dresses like she’s going out, puts in her contact lenses, & hearing aids, & if she wears a skirt or dress, nylons, every.single.day.  Classic and beautiful, always.

If I’m going to a Chamber meeting, monthly, it’s nylons under my skirt.  80% of our members are older than 70, some are actually close to 100.  Beautiful Ladies, classy and respectable.  

Home, doing yard work, cleaning house, I don’t want to ruin my nylons.  

To be clear, nylons really do make a Lady’s legs look nice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because, most women, who worked for a living, legs were white as snow, never out in the sun to tan.  Plus, if you had hair nubs from not shaving daily, they hid it.  Nylons and support hose make a Lady’s legs look ‘refined’.

I’m actually applaud, seeing a woman without nylons.  Scruffy leg hair, uneven structure, etc.  

My 94 y.o. MIL, showers, does her hair, puts on her makeup, dresses like she’s going out, puts in her contact lenses, & hearing aids, & if she wears a skirt or dress, nylons, every.single.day.  Classic and beautiful, always.

If I’m going to a Chamber meeting, monthly, it’s nylons under my skirt.  80% of our members are older than 70, some are actually close to 100.  Beautiful Ladies, classy and respectable.  

View Quote

This is the serious answer, and well stated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for that. Really.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you, Gentlemen, for your kind words.  It’s definitely appreciated.

However, you brought back a LOT of memories….

Grandmother (s)  & Mother had the seam nylons.  We weren’t allowed out of the house, in a dress or skirt, unless the seam was straight.  Good grief, that was the hardest thing to do…. Lol….  We’d use a yard stick to make sure the seam was straight…. And garter belts!…..  that’s another story….

I respect the Ladies in the military, USO, during WW1 & 2, that had to pass inspection….
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember mom getting all bent out of shape if we snagged her hose.

She’d stop the run with a dab of nail polish.

And when L’eggs came out, we had bunches of those egg shaped containers to play with.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I remember mom getting all bent out of shape if we snagged her hose.

She’d stop the run with a dab of nail polish.

And when L’eggs came out, we had bunches of those egg shaped containers to play with.
View Quote

Those ‘egg’ containers were awesome for Easter.  Fill with candy, hide them when we hid the decorated eggs and, release my 4 younger siblings to find them.  We filled a few with confetti, as a gag.  What a hoot!
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Am i the only one wondering why this was posted in Music & Musicians subforum?  David Bowie thread?
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Am i the only one wondering why this was posted in Music & Musicians subforum?  David Bowie thread?
View Quote

No, I'm right with you, going back to see if the fpni?  Has this been asked in GD before?
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]
They were great for buffing your boots.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was wondering if maybe it was a reference to those pop filters that you put in front of microphones, which are made out of similar material
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was wondering if maybe it was a reference to those pop filters that you put in front of microphones, which are made out of similar material
View Quote

"Never rock the mic with the pantyhose..."
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Because it made women feel sexy and if they feel sexy, they do sexy things.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Cuz garters are a PITA maybe?
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Unless you live under a rock it still IS a “thing”
Pantyhose creates a “different” odor that a pussy encased within their confines, smells like…kinda like stinky, feet. I’m not a foot lover but I love me some rank pantyhose. ??

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. It should have been GD. No wonder there’s not more shenanigans.

Mods, can we move?  Should we move??

Though now that I think of it, I’d hate for @Annarchy ‘s insight and thoughtful post to get steamrolled by the three ring circus that we’ve come to expect from the zoo that we call GD.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Isn’t any problem with me…

GD is gonna GD.  

After all these years, I’m used to it…
Top Top