Posted: 1/3/2012 10:47:03 AM EDT
Cops Caught Apparently Planting Evidence

Here's a video of two Utica, N.Y. police officers searching a car during
a traffic stop. At 1:02, one officer pulls a small baggie of something
out of his pocket and ducks into the car; at 1:31, he emerges again,
holding the same baggie.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Isolated incident...  Just like all the others!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
This should be a fun one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]
OST for home viewing
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Something about the thin blue line...

Waiting for LEO's to come in and defend them saying how they are justified and need to do what they do in order to...do whatever it is they do.

Basically, here for the bullshit defense of these guys from the LEO's.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Waiting for LEO's to come in and defend them saying how they are justified and need to do what they do in order to...do whatever it is they do.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess my baybay din't do nuffin after all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like there might be a lot of overturned convictions in that dude's future.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Hard to say.

I've searched plenty of cars and when I found dope, I too usually pulled an empty ziploc baggie out of my packet to store the evidence in.

Pro-tip:  It preserves DNA and/or latent fingerprints!  Also make it harder to misplace the evidence.

I googled for any other information and didn't find anything conclusive either way for this supposed incident.

It very well could be planted evidence or it could be totally innocent.  I'm not convinced either way.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
The punishment for our Law Enforcement and Military should be more severe than for regular Citizens, because they are the men and women Americans depend on to keep them safe and uphold the law.

So if he planted the bag he needs to spend some time in Prison.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hard to say.

I've searched plenty of cars and when I found dope, I too usually pulled an empty ziploc baggie out of my packet to store the evidence in.

Pro-tip:  It preserves DNA and/or latent fingerprints!  Also make it harder to misplace the evidence.

I googled for any other information and didn't find anything conclusive either way for this supposed incident.

It very well could be planted evidence or it could be totally innocent.  I'm not convinced either way.  

Yup. Evidence bags.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hard to say.

Yup. Evidence bags.

Plus the cop knew there was a camera pointed directly at him from inside the cruiser.  And the bag was larger as he was walking back to the cruiser than what it was when he pulled it out of his pocket.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]
And I've never seen a bag full of some substance defy gravity as this bag did.  It's obviously empty.  

Not to mention an empty bag would be difficult to get out of your pocket.  But if it had mass in it, it would be easy to grab and he wouldn't have had to work so hard to pull it out.

ETA:

Looks, now it's full of stuff and larger.  I believe the empty bag he pulled out of his pocket was folded, hence the reason it was defying gravity as it was trying to unfold itself.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#13]
10 pages

3 timeouts/vacations

1 perma-vacation

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The punishment for our Law Enforcement and Military should be more severe than for regular Citizens, because they are the men and women Americans depend on to keep them safe and uphold the law.

If they abuse their authority to commit criminal acts, sure.  But for everything else, they should be treated just like everyone else.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like he pulled out and empty bag.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#18]
In
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

link
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Did I make it on page one?

ETA Yup!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Don't hold your breath...'cause I hate a dirty cop worse than regular criminals. There is never a justification for planting evidence. I never did.

And I don't think the majority of LEO's who are members here would condone it either.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Did I get in on Page 1?

Woot! Front row city, baby.

Gitz me some popcone, bitch!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Meanwhile every officer that has worked with him has turned a blind eye to this and allowed it to happen.  If this was really an isolated incident or isolated behavior you think the other honest cops would stop it as soon as it started.  That doesn't appear to happen, they cover each others backs even when one of them breaks the law...then they wonder why citizens don't trust them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck are you rolling your eyes at? Doesn't matter how bad a transgression it is,  some fuck on here will stand up for that piece of shit.

No, I am not anti-leo. I get along just fine with our current officers. I just cannot stand the people who justify and stand up for these POS that are shitting on the system.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Meanwhile every officer that has worked with him has turned a blind eye to this and allowed it to happen.  If this was really an isolated incident or isolated behavior you think the other honest cops would stop it as soon as it started.  That doesn't appear to happen, they cover each others backs even when one of them breaks the law...then they wonder why citizens don't trust them.

please click and read this
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck are you rolling your eyes at? Doesn't matter how bad a transgression it is,  some fuck on here will stand up for that piece of shit.

No, I am not anti-leo. I get along just fine with our current officers. I just cannot stand the people who justify and stand up for these POS that are shitting on the system.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#28]
My shocked face
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#29]
In.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#30]
in on one for the shit storm!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea cuz the media never lies and the police are always honest upstanding people.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

As the Bible says teachers and preachers will be held to a higher standard....I agree with you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea cuz the media never lies and the police are always honest upstanding people.

Yea cuz people never show one part of the video that falsely fuels their agenda.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what does this have to do with the price of rice

that is what the Police Chief's opinion is about this matter.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its on video...pretty hard to lie about what is on video.

I can not get a clear look at the bag to confirm its empty. so until I am proven it was empty before he went into the vehicle I believe he is planting evidence. As to the hole bag defying gravity because its not full is well... pure B.S. If a baggy is rolled around something stiff say a chunk of MJ its not gonna drop either. As a matter of fact the baggie would be easier to get out of his pocket if empty as nothing would hang up on his pocket.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what does this have to do with the price of rice

that is what the Police Chief's opinion is about this matter.

Its about video evidence that when watched in full shows that the drugs were taken off the suspect and laid on the seat then collected by the officer in another bag. Its not an opinion when there is video evidence.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can not get a clear look at the bag to confirm its empty. so until I am proven it was empty before he went into the vehicle I believe he is planting evidence. As to the hole bag defying gravity because its not full is well... pure B.S. If a baggy is rolled around something stiff say a chunk of MJ its not gonna drop either. As a matter of fact the baggie would be easier to get out of his pocket if empty as nothing would hang up on his pocket.

Nobody has to prove to you anything. Video evidence shows it was drugs taken off the suspect and placed on the seat to be collected by the officer later.

Take off your tinfoil.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody has to prove to you anything. Video evidence shows it was drugs taken off the suspect and placed on the seat to be collected by the officer later.

Take off your tinfoil.

Well if you want me to believe he wasn't planting evidence you damn sure do need to prove he wasn't.

Just because someone has a badge does not mean you can trust them and that they are a good person.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Its hard to tell i think.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh my!  How horrible.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#41]
An awful lot of LEO hate this last week...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I guess my baybay din't do nuffin after all.

Probably the funniest and safest comment that will be posted in this thread. Behave y'all, Aimless is looking hungry again and he got sniped by another mod in the last round.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take off your tinfoil.

Well if you want me to believe he wasn't planting evidence you damn sure do need to prove he wasn't.

Just because someone has a badge does not mean you can trust them and that they are a good person.

It was on video that he found the drugs on the suspect, put them on the seat, then went and collected them for evidence in another bag. It has nothing to do with someone wearing a badge. The whole stop was on video.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take off your tinfoil.

It was on video that he found the drugs on the suspect, put them on the seat, then went and collected them for evidence in another bag. It has nothing to do with someone wearing a badge. The whole stop was on video.

link to whole vid?
Its not on the news site (or maybe I couldn't find it.) I did see him pull something out of guys pocket  but unclear what it was. Just like it is unclear what the officer pulled out of his pocket.  Also if it was on the guy why return to the car with it?
Again just cause someone wears a badge does not meant they are upstanding.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#46]
IF he's found guilty (which I doubt will happen):

Fired from job and thrown in jail...oh, and makes sure to let everyone know WHY he's in jail.

Fucker's no better than the criminals he's put there...

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It looks like he pulled out and empty bag.

Yep............

.......and in for the trainwreck
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how that works..........yet untold fucktrards here will automatically believe 100% what the liberal MSM wants you to believe.......fucking sheeple.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#50]
It's odd how some people totally buy into what the media and activist groups (NAACP in this case) feed them when it fits their agenda.

But if doesn't fit their agenda, those same media sources and activist groups are scum.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top