Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2002 5:25:36 PM EDT
I saw this at another site.  [url]http://www.knology.net/~carlos/redneck.htm[/url]  Now tell the truth, is this your neighbor?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, that guys brother lives next to me.  I'm sure of it.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
hehe ya know if i still worked at knology (yes i did) i could find out who he is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit, that is some funny stuff. I'm sitting here wiping tears from my eyes in between words.

Thanks for the laugh.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Funny to read, but NOT enjoyable to live with.  Been there, done that as they say.  I've found only one foolproof solution.
1. RENT!  I move when idoits like that get near me.
2. Another solution, but very pricey is to buy about 75 acres, and build your house right in the middle of the 75.  This too can have potential drawbacks, such as the county deceiding to put the new landfill or airport on the property adjacent to yours, or zoning surrounding land industrial / commercial.
#1 is more enjoyable!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]
brings new meaning to NIMBY*  [:D]

*(Not In My Back Yard)
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#7]
About once a week, I pat myself on the back for buying a house where I did. It's an old house, with a commercial district that built up around it over the last 75 years. On a corner lot, I have a library across one street, a mortuary and a printing shop across the other, bordering properties are a guitar store on one side, and a parking lot on the other. Lots of traffic noise when I'm at work, but pretty quiet otherwise. Small business owners make outstanding neighbors, they're way too busy with their work, and have no time to do things that make your life suck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:03:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Now that neighbor is the epitome of white trash!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's a letter I sent to my ex-neighbor's landlord:

September 1, 2000

(insert owner’s names here)

It has come to our attention that your rental property at                                   is continuing to be a problem for all nearby residences.  The family(s) continue to show their lack of respect for upkeep of their rented property and the males are seldom seen wearing more than shorts in public.  Their children have been seen entering without permission neighboring houses, urinating in their front yard, playing in the street (a young child wearing only diapers), tampering with mailboxes (leaving popsicle sticks within), playing in neighbor’s sprinkler system and damaging sprinkler heads, etc…

We have also contacted the city regarding the safety of the children, the fact that they refuse to keep their dog restrained, and their parking of a semi tractor overnight in their drive (against covenants).  They have also been asked to clean up the trash in their front yard which has been there for more than a month.  We have seen sheriff’s cars there on three separate occasions, and have watched the renters taken away in handcuffs two out of three of those times.  We have heard loud and extremely abusive language directed towards their young children.  We have also seen too many different vehicles coming in and out of the residence to be comfortable with the situation, and have begun to suspect that more than one family is currently living there (against covenants).

Your disregard for the quality of life in this neighborhood is no longer tolerable, and is causing everyones property values to fall.  Please do something to rectify the situation soon, or we will be forced to take legal action.

Neighbors of _______________________

I guess these people are everywhere...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top