Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 10:12:05 PM EDT
I have always been curious. Is this a AR15.com exclusive? And what does the "tinfoil" have to do with being paranoid?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Dudley Moore played a psychiatrist in a movie and successfully treated a psychotic patient who was unable to function on a daily basis because "the government was attacking him with a ray or beam" or whatever. In the movie Moore took a piece of tin foil from his sack lunch - egg salad if memory serves - and fashioned the patient a "tin foil hat" that blocked the harmful government rays.

I don't recall the name of the movie, but Elizabeth MacGovern was the costar IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
LOVESICK:

[url]http://us.imdb.com/Title?0085873[/url]

Scott

Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
More technically referred to as the Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie or AFDB.  [i]An Effective, Low-Cost Solution To Combating Mind-Control.  An Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB) is a type of headwear that can shield your brain from most electromagnetic psychotronic mind control carriers. [:|]AFDBs are inexpensive (even free if you don't mind scrounging for thrown-out aluminium foil) and can be constructed by anyone with at least the dexterity of a chimp (maybe bonobo). This cheap and unobtrusive form of mind control protection offers real security to the masses. Not only do they protect against incoming signals, but they also block most forms of brain scanning and mind reading, keeping the secrets in your head truly secret. AFDBs are safe and operate automatically. All you do is make it and wear it and you're good to go! Plus, AFDBs are stylish and comfortable.

What are you waiting for? Make one today![/i]

[url]http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:22:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Alcoa came up with the idea in the 50s [:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Ever accidentally put foil in the microwave?

Now just think how well the Government Issue Mind Control Microwave beam will work if you've got one of them "Tin-Foil Hats"...Hmmmm

Ain't no guvment secret agent man getting what I gots up here![BD]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Al Gore?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top