Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 8:09:10 PM EST
After every show they offer to sell you the "program you just saw" for $20-$30. Do people really buy these? If you have a vcr to watch the video you could just tape the show.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:19:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By Taurus92AF: After every show they offer to sell you the "program you just saw" for $20-$30. Do people really buy these? If you have a vcr to watch the video you could just tape the show.
View Quote
If I think it is something I might like to watch again (WINGS, Less-Lethal Weapons, Weapons at War, et cetera) I tape it while I am watching it. Scott P.S. WINGS refers to the wonderful show about the history of various types of aircraft, not the crappy "comedy" that used to come on NBC.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:22:35 PM EST
What would be the point of buying those videos? Even taping the show seems pointless, as often as they are getting repeated.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:23:01 PM EST
I bought "Walking with Dinosaurs" on DVD when I found it in the Used DVD section of Planet Music (a large chain-store for music and movies). It was dirt cheap and it had the "Making of..." along with it on a separate DVD. I think it was only $10 or $12, and my kids liked it. Heck, I like it. But I wouldn't have payed full price that they advertise for. There's a couple of other shows that I find interesting that I'd buy if I run across them that a cheaper price. I suppose I'm just cheap, but having to order a DVD, and then pay top dollar, seems like too much for me to do. Ross
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:24:48 PM EST
I've purchased before.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:29:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:38:49 PM EST
I would buy them because the tapes you get are of a much better quality than the ones you use to record with. I usually buy through the channell's catalog for shows that they did not air or offer only as specials.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:04:10 PM EST
Does anyone have the Color of War episode on the P-47 Thunderbolt squads on tape? It was only aired once that I know of, and contained the sweetest video footage of ground strafing missions I have ever seen. Chock full of it. I only caught the last 5 minutes of the show and have been kicking myself for the last few months. I'd love to get a copy from someone for a small fee if anyone has it... I'm not freakin paying THC $30 for a one hour tape though...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:27:33 AM EST
I did buy from them. 1. the space shuttle (awesome)vhs, wish it was dvd 2. Carrier - Fortress at Sea (for dad)vhs 3. walking with dinos/beasts dvd awesome quality.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:11:47 AM EST
I've bought a few, but mainly cause I was in them!! Normally I just tape the stuff if i like it, then pray for it to be released on DVD
Top Top