Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 6:30:27 PM EDT
On Sci Fi channel right now. Friday 10pm ET.

This is the first reality TV show that is any good. This thing is freaking hilarious.

They basically set people up and scare the crap out of them. Turn it on, it's on right now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've watched it a few times.  It is pretty good.  The one thing that makes me think it isn't "reality" is that they get great camera angles and don't go out of focus much, if at all.  Would you..... Shannen Dougherty?  

TS

BTW Styer, I just realized that your avatar is a "tactical" pic.  I thought it was a gorilla with its back against a tree.  Damn, I'm perceptive.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My two favorites are:

The Frozen Repo man story

and the

Temp Receptionist blows away the fake werewolf.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't care if she's a b_tch, I'd jump on that Shannon Doheraty big time!! UMM UMM GOOD!! That's the reason I started watching the show,but I must admit,it is pretty cool! I'm waiting till they get one of us (gun guys) on the show,some pshyco breaks in to a house to scare them and before they can ask if they're scared,they pull a pistol and ventilate him!!!!!!!!  [pistol]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My two favorites are:

The Frozen Repo man story

and the

Temp Receptionist blows away the fake werewolf.

View Quote

Both on tonight. The frozen repo man was hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
The last two were best...They showed what could happen to the pranksters if they fuck with the wrong person. I always wonder how long it will be before someone actually pulls a gun on one of them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I am pretty sure that during an interview on "Last Call" Shannen Dougherty said that they find out if the person they are going to prank has any medical conditions or firearms. [:(]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am pretty sure that during an interview on "Last Call" Shannen Dougherty said that they find out if the person they are going to prank has any medical conditions or firearms. [:(]
View Quote

Can you blame them?  It's not a good idea to scare the shit out of someone who carries a gun.

BTW, I really like the show too.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Monkey with a gun.... MONKEY WITH A GUN!!!!

Hahahaha.

BTW Long time no see AUG glad to see your still recycling o2. I have been away for too long...But I have returned!

Watch out for the fatal funnel!

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I loved the alien invasion episode and monkey with a gun.  I heard that the girl that was left in the car during the alien encounter has sued the show.  Good TV.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you blame them?  It's not a good idea to scare the shit out of someone who carries a gun.

BTW, I really like the show too.

[url]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/url]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
View Quote

No shit. I'd light half of these people the fuck up. [:D]

And then when I found out I'd been fooled I'd light up the other half. [;)]

Still waiting for one guy to be a good fighter and start beating some ass.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Still waiting for one guy to be a good fighter and start beating some ass.
View Quote

That came close to really happening on the "hitchhiker with the head in the bag" episode. The kid in the back seat (the mark) started beating the crap outta the hitchhiker guy when he whipped out that knife.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I quit watching Scare Tatics after the first episode/prank they pulled.  I don't know what it was called but supposively it was a "secret" govt. test of a new weapon, and the first three shots were on target and thier pyrotechnician blew the targets up, but on the last one, they blew up the shed where her supposive uncle was observing.

Problems with the show.......

1. Don't know for sure but Shannon Daurghtey seems to be a sevre liberal anti.

2.  I don't see the humor in taking someone who obviously dosen't know much about firearms, and scare them into thinking that they shot someone.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I saw an ad for that over the weekend-I assume it was that, there was a guy asking for directions who then opened up the back of a minivan and there was a guy tied up inside who appeared as if he was in the midst of being kidnapped. It's kind of funny in a crappy mean spirited kind of way. I heard about some the other episodes-one where a bigfoot or alien chased some guy and his girlfriend.

I would assume that these would obviously be goofs-that "kidnapped guy" looked pretty fake-but if not I'd have been seeing how far I could shove a .45 barrel down the ear of the actor/kidnapper and when I found out it was a joke I'd be tempted to hand him an ass beating, camera or not.

Oh well, eventually the guy in the yeti suit, or whatever, will get filled full of lead-I just hope it happens in a state with sensible defense laws v. some poor sap in California going to prison over a pratical joke.
View Quote

That is the beauty of the show. It's pretty authentic looking. The repo man in the freezer was unreal. The guy who found him almost passed out.

And it is real mean spirited. I'd be really, really pissed. But it is also facinating to watch people literally frozen into inaction by fear. I'd hope I'd either get into it or get the fuck outta Dodge and not just stand there.

And finally it's kind of funny to watch those who have been conditioned into passivity and non aggression deal with the kind of shit that requires the ability to take care of yourself. Sorta like watching someone rob a member of HCI at knife point. You know it's wrong to laugh, but you do.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't know for sure but Shannon Daurghtey seems to be a sevre liberal anti.
View Quote

[url]http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_60/89b_shannen_doherty.html[/url]

Don't know if she's anti-gun, but she appears to be conservative enough to vote Republican.

I don't see the humor in taking someone who obviously dosen't know much about firearms, and scare them into thinking that they shot someone.
View Quote

They weren't trying to make the guy laugh.  They were trying to scare him.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I realize that they are not trying to make the "victims" laugh.  My second point was to the fact that they take a guy who came off as not knowing crap about firearms, and convince him that he had killed someone, is just not right.  Maybe I have missed the point of the show, but it seems that they are trying to pass it off as a comedy, and I fail to see the humor in the show.

Sorry for the spelling
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#17]
not a bad show but i seen the alein in the desert one and axe murder one with all the little chickies, i would have emptied a magazine into the alien, the ax murderer would have gotten a couple when he came through the door also. they must check the people somehow, because its a huge liability if someone really gets shot. i usually pack most of the time, i would be packin if i was going out to the desert for sure.
shannon definetly is hot!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I realize that they are not trying to make the "victims" laugh.
View Quote

I know.  I was just being a smartass. [;D]

Oh, and so we don't break the unwritten rule about posting a picture when discussing a woman...

[img]http://www.askmen.com/imagessexsymbol/2001_may/shannen_doherty/shannen_doherty_150b.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:51:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I saw an ad for that over the weekend-I assume it was that, there was a guy asking for directions who then opened up the back of a minivan and there was a guy tied up inside who appeared as if he was in the midst of being kidnapped. It's kind of funny in a crappy mean spirited kind of way. I heard about some the other episodes-one where a bigfoot or alien chased some guy and his girlfriend.

I would assume that these would obviously be goofs-that "kidnapped guy" looked pretty fake-but if not I'd have been seeing how far I could shove a .45 barrel down the ear of the actor/kidnapper and when I found out it was a joke I'd be tempted to hand him an ass beating, camera or not.

Oh well, eventually the guy in the yeti suit, or whatever, will get filled full of lead-I just hope it happens in a state with sensible defense laws v. some poor sap in California going to prison over a pratical joke.
View Quote

That is from "Trigger Happy TV". It's on comedy central channel.I did'nt see the epesode,I don't particularily like the show (kind of a REALLY TWISTED Monte Python feel to it),but I was always curious what happened with that episode!  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd hit it!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top