Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2023 10:40:13 AM EDT
For a JK Jeep Wrangler two door for under $2,000 dollars?
I’m looking at the Sky Jacker non adjustable and the Rancho adjustable arm kit. The sky jacker is 2 1/2” and the Rancho is 4”. I’m pulling a small over land trailer and on occasion I’m rubbing my back tires. The tongue weight a little over 100 pounds. I’m currently running a 1 1/2” Rubicon level kit with Rancho 9000 shocks. The highway ride is great. But off road is floaty or too rough it  bottom’s out if I dial it down. I have a 12’ tandem trailer that I pull my four wheeler with and I don’t have the rubbing issue. And it has a heavier tongue weight.

So which lift under 4 1/2” is best suited for towing? I know the ole man emu people will show up. But a control arm lift from him break the bank. And the spring lift from him rides so much worse on my buddy’s two door JK that I literally hate riding in that Jeep. Now the same basic Emu lift in my neighbors four door jk rides pretty good with cheap shocks.

My wife has a five inch Rough Country lift under her Ford Ranger and it rides better than the FX4 package the Ranger came with. But everyone seems to dislike Rough Country.
Top Top