Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2019 9:45:31 AM EDT
Fuck those guys.

$150 benchmade, which was very specifically placed in my checked baggage, gone. In its place a “notice of baggage inspection” pamphlet.

I assume very little, to no recourse?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Call them there is anumber on the bottom of the form. They were responsive when I had an issue.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]
They took my corkscrew.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure I lost a Gerber Dime just because they wanted it. They took it in my return flight and I'm pretty sure it's a TSA legal item.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, the secret solution is in your avatar.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Somehow my Costa sunglasses evaporated in the x-ray machine
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you pack valuables as if it was a firearm? Locked in a pelican case. Only you have the key.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Stole my surefire E2L outdoorsman flashlight because it “looked like a weapon” TSA generously offered to let me go back to ticketing to mail it home then get back in the line  for security that I had just been through and waited 1.5 hrs to clear.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#8]
They stole a box of 357 ammo from my luggage once.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
iPad taken from my carry on while I was subject to a TSA fuckwit wrenching the book off my foot because I wasn't taking it off fast enough (I am mobility and flexibility challenged).

I didn't see my bag opened at the checkpoint, and didn't find it was missing until I was on the plane.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#10]
TSA used to sell bulk lots of multi-tools confiscated stolen, knives, etc.  2 dozen Gerber dimes in a lot, etc.  on the bay.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Taking Shit Away
Stole some items my deceased fathers ol lady was bringing me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Hubby has, I have not. We were going to a family reunion in NY. We found an old picture of one of cousins of hubby's late father. We were taking it to another cousin at the reunion. It was in my hubby's checked bag and wasn't there when we arrived in NY. I think it fell out when they went through his bag, and they didn't give a shit.

He's had other things mysteriously disappear as well. He flies a lot more than I do.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure I lost a Gerber Dime just because they wanted it. They took it in my return flight and I'm pretty sure it's a TSA legal item.
View Quote
@paleus

I might have bought it.....There's a guy on eBay that buys knives and such from the TSA in bulk lots and sells them....Thanks!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I remember listening to Neal Boortz and he saw them steal his camera and left, security wouldn't do anything.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Are they (TSA) actually stealing stuff or are they confiscating thing under some bullshit policy they have?

How is can they just yank an iPad out of a carry on without someone else noticing they have an iPad while on the job.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Pretty sure they grabbed my Oakleys out of my checked bag.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I remember listening to Neal Boortz and he saw them steal his camera and left, security wouldn't do anything.
View Quote
If I saw a TSA agent steal my stuff, I'd most likely end up arrested if security didn't respond.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Pair of nice Channel locks
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I had to go to Tuscaloosa AL several times for work
Even though it was a twelve hr drive from SW Pa, I refuse to put up with the garbage we are subjected to now to fly.   Plus with connecting flight to get anywhere other than Philly or Charlotte our of PIT, I maybe would only save 3-4 hours out of my day by flying.  Not worth it for freedom of movement and not being treated like a criminal to fly.

But I don’t believe I have had anything stolen.   I try not to travel with any valuable items that belong to me, if flying.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#21]
They've taken pocket knives from me twice that I completely forgot were in my pocket (Columbus, OH and Aspen, CO) but they were cheap ones so I didn't care.

The funniest thing they took from me though was a fake plastic silver bullet key chain the NRA sent me (during their silver bullet brigade campaign) .  It was obviously fake, plastic and had a frikkin hole drilled through it for the keychain!  When I objected, the old TSA guy said "if you held that up in an airplane cabin at 30,000 feet, the next thing you know you have F-16's flying next to you!"  I kid you not lol!
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Had them take a 16oz Monster from me once.

Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, they hire inner city degenerate mouth breathers who are low/no skill mall cops.

The security guards at my work at all cut from the same cloth. They steal tools and shit ALL the time.

I had a full set of proto spline drive ratchet wrenches disappear off my desk between 5pm on friday, and 7am on Saturday. The only people who had access to the building from those hours, were security. You do the math.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are they (TSA) actually stealing stuff or are they confiscating thing under some bullshit policy they have?

How is can they just yank an iPad out of a carry on without someone else noticing they have an iPad while on the job.
View Quote
I do believe that falls under the "Thin Cocksucker Line".
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They've taken pocket knives from me twice that I completely forgot were in my pocket (Columbus, OH and Aspen, CO) but they were cheap ones so I didn't care.

The funniest thing they took from me though was a fake plastic silver bullet key chain the NRA sent me (during their silver bullet brigade campaign) .  It was obviously fake, plastic and had a frikkin hole drilled through it for the keychain!  When I objected, the old TSA guy said "if you held that up in an airplane cabin at 30,000 feet, the next thing you know you have F-16's flying next to you!"  I kid you not lol!
View Quote
Lol.

Reminds me of the time they confiscated my little boys 5 inch M16 rifle that came with a GI Joe. Yes they did.’

Fuckers are retarded.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#30]
The airlines also have outlet stores where they sell your "lost" luggage.

It's very profitable.

Gotta get a lock box and bolt it into your suitcase these days.
Be sure to label TSA Theft deterrent.

TSA = people with badges stealing your shit, legally!
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Never been down to this place,

Unclaimed
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I just get searched every time I fly.  I just avoid it as much as possible.  I'll only fly if I'm going out west because it doesn't really save me any time if I'm going less than 12 hours away.

Takes me 2 hours to get to the airport, 2 hours to get through security, another hour waiting for the plane, $100 in drinks to get my wife to get on the flight, 4 hours of air time, half hour waiting on mouth breathers to get off the plane in front of me, an hour to get a rental car and I still have to drive to my hotel.

Or I can just fill up my truck and go stopping wherever I feel like along the way.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Just went through precheck.

I was afraid they were gonna take my shit, but good news is I made it without issue...
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#34]
They didn't take from me on my last flight but they did give me a nice ladies electric razor, some contact lenses and a small bag of cheap jewelry that I didn't start out with.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#35]
They stole an EMPTY lighter, not butane or anything crazy just a lighter that hadn't worked in years that a old friend had given me and I used to carry for good luck . I'd flown with it many many times but one time all of a sudden I might IDK do something with a fuel-less lighter. ETA I'm not talking about a disposable lighter, it was a nice metal lighter with no fuel.

Wife lost a tiny Swiss Army knife keychain.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well, they hire inner city degenerate mouth breathers who are low/no skill mall cops.

The security guards at my work at all cut from the same cloth. They steal tools and shit ALL the time.

I had a full set of proto spline drive ratchet wrenches disappear off my desk between 5pm on friday, and 7am on Saturday. The only people who had access to the building from those hours, were security. You do the math.
View Quote
This, I've never seen a professional looking/acting TSA agent, they’re always ghetto(it’s close to the airport) or Top Flite Security of the World so I’m not shocked when ghetto folks and shade trees do ghetto things.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#37]
They took one of my two TSA approved combo locks I had on a 12 bottle wine carrier (luggage) when I was flying home from Sonoma.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I lived next door to a lady that worked as TSA and she was dumb as a post.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#39]
They took my shampoo once from my checked bag.

Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Had them take a 16oz Monster from me once.

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Yep I had a petzal duo headlamp stolen out of a bag on a flight from Aspen CO to Mesa AZ.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Swipped my ex wifes 3 month supply of birth control. I fucking hate tsa.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I saw a TSA agent steal my stuff, I'd most likely end up arrested if security didn't respond.
View Quote
I  can identify the thief, he's the one with the bruised neck and the speech impediment.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#47]
They let me carry a grenade launcher through in my checked badge.

When the TSA agent asked me what it was I truthfully answered: "It's a discharger cup."  Since he had no idea that "discharger cup" was the official UK nomenclature for a WW1 Enfield rifle grenade launcher, I was good to go.

Edit to add:  I didn't have an Enfield rifle, grenade launching blanks or any grenades, so it was pretty harmless.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They made me throw away an E German AK buttstock because “we don’t know what other parts are already on the plane”, then they caught my backpack on fire. I don’t trust them.
View Quote
Dude, you should know that you can’t take fire on a plane!
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#50]
TSA stole my virginity
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top