Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:51:46 PM EDT
Just think what this guy's melon would look like without one.
http://www.break.com/index/wipeout_tosses_rider_hundreds_of_feet.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
ATGATT
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had my life saved at least a half dozen times by helmets. Here is one after a pretty similar crash I had at 100-110mph on the track. Lots of broken bones, but no head injury.

When I lived in Florida, I was unfortunate enough to come upon several crashes just after they happened and witnessed what happens when a human head impacts the pavement, or a car. I also had a good friend die two years ago 1/2 mile from my house because he was a moron, riding drunk, without a helmet.

However, I fully oppose helmet laws, seat belt laws, and every other law that "protects us from ourselves."

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have had my life saved at least a half dozen times by helmets. Here is one after a pretty similar crash I had at 100-110mph on the track. Lots of broken bones, but no head injury.
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/Jeremy556/Jennings/PA210092.jpg

When I lived in Florida, I was unfortunate enough to come upon several crashes just after they happened and witnessed what happens when a human head impacts the pavement, or a car. I also had a good friend die two years ago 1/2 mile from my house because he was a moron, riding drunk, without a helmet.

However, I fully oppose helmet laws, seat belt laws, and every other law that "protects us from ourselves."

+1

I couldn't see myself not wearing a helmet but I don't want anyone making me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I know from exp. that helmets work.

I like wearing them, always have. I can get all the fresh ir I need by opening the vents or raising the shield.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Real men do not wear helmets - and loud pipes save lives ;)

Petty laws devalue justice - those valuing liberty realize this. Realizing the board where this is posted I doubt you'll find much support for coercive laws

FWIW my only run ins with head injuries involve Mt Bikes.  Both times lid saved my ass. ATTGATT - beats a feeding tubes

Eating breakfast after the morning ride - helmets on the peg

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:12:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I wear a helmet all the time. A white one.

My friend at work just died from a crash, he wore his helmet, but he hit just right and snapped his brain stem.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I once decided to ride without my lid. I caught a small rock in the mouth. I wear a full face every time now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
"real Men" do what the hell they want to do. They don't give a crap what others think
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know from exp. that helmets work. I like wearing them, always have. I can get all the fresh ir I need by opening the vents or raising the shield.

This. Purchase a quality one that fits.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"real Men" do what the hell they want to do. They don't give a crap what others think

Yeah, and they usually have a pretty big funeral.....

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and they usually have a pretty big funeral.....

I think you took that the wrong way.
Top Top