Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 10:29:05 AM EDT
It used to be a sticky at the top of the AR15 discussions page....but  taint there no more
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]
FIIK
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=242923

It has down do to some miscommunacation and other BS that it spawned.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Dark Half,
I ask a serious question looking for assistance and that's your input?...YCKMAJO!

JBowles,
I assume that URL is from the archives....I hope the staff reconsiders putting it back up, as it is a quick reference and an asset. They can always put a lock on it so jackasses don't tamper with it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
no its there, he put it back up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
JBowles,

The thread that comes up with the URL you provided is under the "AR Discussions" forum.
(Like it has always been) However, when I try going to the AR Discussions Forum now, it's not there.

Follow me on this and tell me if I'm doing something wrong:

Click on "Quick Forum Links" (located above the "My Topics" box)
Then click on the 3rd box down "AR15...Everything you ever wanted to know...."
Then click on the  first box "AR Discussions. AR Specific Discussions"

There are four sticky threads starting with  "Firearms handling" on this first page.....but there is no "Acrynoms or Abbreviations" thread to be found.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
It was unstickied thats what spawen all of the BS about it.

the AR discussion was overrun by stickies they took half of the first page
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, for crying out loud!

Who's the genius behind removing this helpful tool, but leaving us with a damn sticky about how to handle a gun? What's next.....a freaking lecture about driving safely or drinking responsibly?

Where are we suppose to go to find out about an abbreviation used on ARFCOM the next time somebody uses one to describe a gun part or a manufacturer? .......on AOL's  "Meeting People and Staying in Touch" forum?

Go look for the meaning of "F.S." on some other websight's glossary and see if it comes up with  "Flash Suppressor". If you're into Real Estate "F.S" can mean "For Sale", or if your in a gay forum I suppose "F.S" can mean "Fornicating Stud".  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#10]
thank goodness. there was wayyyy too many stickies in the AR forum.
there's also a ton in the M16 forum.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Beekeeper,

I did look the first time around, but couldn't readilly locate the womans forum.  I even wondered if you were joshing me.

As long as they saved it somewhere on the sight!  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top