Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/13/2007 10:11:39 AM EDT
My dad found his old ham radio (tube technology) in working condition, and we've got a 1930's AM radio set (wood, bigger than most televisions, etc.). It doesn't work and it might be one of the tubes (he's currently testing them in the other room).

If it needs a new tube, where would we find one in south Texas?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:12:20 AM EDT
I thought this thread was going to be about creating another internet.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:15:23 AM EDT
Google Svetlana or Ruby Tubes. Check out a local music store. Tube guitar amps are the shit and made a huge comeback after the transistor craze mid 1980's so there are a lot of new tubes being made, maybe you will find one you need. NOS GE and RCA tubes are about the same as gold Oz. for Oz.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:16:52 AM EDT
If you can figure out the tubes you need reply here with the numbers and i see what i have in the basement.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:18:02 AM EDT
I bet you could find them at any good Hamfest.

Try posting here !
ARFCOM Ham Radio Forum
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:19:09 AM EDT
Check out a local guitar shop. Tube amps are still widely used.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:28:26 AM EDT
Search www.ac6v.com

Somewhere in his list of links is going to be one for old radio tubes.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:37:45 AM EDT
The best place to find the oddball tubes that will likely be used in your radios is Antique Electronic Supply.

If this equipment hasn't been powered up in the last decade, you'll probably want to replace all of the electrolytic capacitors as well. If you're not sure how to test voltages, please take the radios to a qualified tech to avoid the lethal voltages contained inside.

Top Top