Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 7:36:44 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can get a QUALITY nozzle for a military 5 gal gas can? I bought one from Cheaper Than Dirt and that's exactly what I got. I didn't snug down to the can spout worth a damn. Had as much gas on the ground as I got into the tank. Thanks in advance for any help.

Shabo
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
me thinkks sportsmans guide has em
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get a QUALITY nozzle for a military 5 gal gas can? I bought one from Cheaper Than Dirt and that's exactly what I got. I didn't snug down to the can spout worth a damn. Had as much gas on the ground as I got into the tank. Thanks in advance for any help.

Shabo

What kind of military jerry can?  MFC, NATO or Blitz?   Only one type will fit two and none will fit all three.

Read this, pick a figure and then we can tell you what you need to know.    Jerry Can Paper

BTW, this is standard Survival stuff, we talk this all the time.

Thanks,

Merlin

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Can never find a "Donkey Dick" in the Military most of the time anyway.... They always get stolen. Half the time you end up Jerry rigging a water bottle with your leatherman.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to highjack but I got a funny story about that item.
I don't know for the other guys but in the military we used to call the nozzle "donkey dick" and as we get new boots, they got confused everythime we said "get the donkey dick to get some fuel out".
Anyway, we were getting ready for the Tsunami relief deployment and we had an inventory of all the items. When a supervisor was verifying everything, he noticed the item "donkey dick" in black bold letters. Apparently one of the boots wrote it down without asking for the right name of the item. We got a bit of an ass chewing for that but it was funny as hell as the supervisor's face showed the WTF? look.

You can try the army/navy surplus stores too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#7]
You must be looking for a donkey dick, Ive got a few new in wrap at work but theyre for deployment, not frustrated cargo.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:15:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok db, what kind of can do you have?

Merlin
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:38:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Very informative thread.

I have a metal GI can, but it has no cap or spout (that's why I got it free). I was going to make one, assuming that the threads are a standard pipe thread.

My Dad told me that they had another type, as well... it was for water, and was ceramic-lined, with a flip-up cap.

The 'French' can shown in the PDF file linked to above looks to me like a WWII German can.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies guys. Merlin, very informative paper you listed there. Thanks man! I have the NATO version I believe. It has the trapezoidal opening and the locking claws on the lid. I'll get one of the pictured spouts in the paper. Thanks again guys!!

Shabo
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys. Merlin, very informative paper you listed there. Thanks man! I have the NATO version I believe. It has the trapezoidal opening and the locking claws on the lid. I'll get one of the pictured spouts in the paper. Thanks again guys!!

Shabo

NATO/Wedco can.  Get the Wedco nozzle; Awdirect.com *usually* has the best price.  They are cheap enough to get a spare.

Good luck.

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top