Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 8:20:16 AM EDT
I always loved the Black Talons that you could buy just about anywhere before they stopped making them.

I shot a few through water into sand and they expanded perfectly. They look like they would really rip you a new one if you were unlucky enough to ever get shot by one.

Just recently I found out that Winchester has been producing the same bullet under a different name now, Ranger SXT.

I heard they are more for law enforcment but not illegal for civilians to own.

Does anyone know where I can buy this ammo? Any websights sell it?

I'm going to a gunshow this weekend so I'm gonna check there also. I'd love to have some in 45 acp and 40cal.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a buddy in Memphis that has a bunch of it. What part of the state are you? I don't think he has any 45acp, just 40 and 9mm. Let me know and you guy's can work out the price and detail's. [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
GOld Dots are awesome...

I buy them all the  time in 147g 9mm...
Damn expensive..
I need to find a cheaper source than my local shop..

he charges like 12 for a box of 50..
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I get mine at Sports Authority
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Ranger SXT offerings can often be found over at -

[url]www.auctionarms.com[/url] or [url]www.gunbroker.com[/url]

In all reality only the 9mm 127gr. +P+ is a worthy purchase.  They have truly exceptional performance.  Equivalent choices are Fed. 124gr. +P+ (also an LEO load) & the Speer Lawman Gold Dot 124gr. +P offering.

.40 & .45 Black Talons/Ranger SXT are good performers but there are other offerings just as good and in some cases better.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top