Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:38:46 PM EDT
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I've never been much of a cigar smoker, but I got the urge this morning, so I was thinking about ordering a couple of cigars. Are there any online merchants that you recommend, or any to avoid?
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 12:51:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2012 12:51:23 PM EDT by xmetalhedx]
The one I hear to avoid is Thompson, but I've never personally dealt with them. I order from Famous Smoke Shop quite a bit and from Cigar.com and Cigars International some. But, if you just want a few singles to try, you might be better off going to a local cigar shop if you have a real one around.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 1:06:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By absael:
Hey guys, this is my first post here. I've never been much of a cigar smoker, but I got the urge this morning, so I was thinking about ordering a couple of cigars. Are there any online merchants that you recommend, or any to avoid?

For starters I would just find some local shops or lounges... this will get you face time with merchants and a place to sit and smoke different sticks. Just buy one at a time, this will give you time to learn about storage and tools... when your ready to keep them in good storage then go nuts online...
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 1:34:36 PM EDT
Ill agree with the 2 posts above. There really is nothing like going in and looking things over for yourself in a store. Plus, if you can get to know the owner and get some suggestions its much more personable than dealing with an online retailer. Thats how many of us started out.

When/if you go shopping online I prefer Cigars International.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 4:05:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ex_dsmr:
Ill agree with the 2 posts above. There really is nothing like going in and looking things over for yourself in a store. Plus, if you can get to know the owner and get some suggestions its much more personable than dealing with an online retailer. Thats how many of us started out.

When/if you go shopping online I prefer Cigars International.

I concur...B&M until you learn what you like then submit to the Debil site....

We don't judge here.....but we will lead you astray-like....
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 5:59:26 PM EDT
ditto to all the above.As for online, I like Mikes cigars. Decent prices, nut best of all, you don't just have to choose between either a/some singles, where shipping will be as much as the cigar(s) cost alone, or a full box. They have free shipping on singles, and you can also get everything that's sold by the box as a 4 or 5 pack instead. Much cheaper when you are just looking to try a few out, or like to order a variety of cigars in smaller quantity, versus buying full boxes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 6:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2012 6:24:49 PM EDT by Slavac]
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 8:04:09 PM EDT
I'm a cigar.com convert. I've ordered from a good number of the major sites, especially if they have the corner on a certain stick I like. Thompson left a bad taste in my mouth once, so no more from them. CI, Holt's, and JR have been good to go in past experiences.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 2:40:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:11:51 AM EDT
Support your local tobacconist.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:50:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chicobrownbear:
I'm a cigar.com convert. I've ordered from a good number of the major sites, especially if they have the corner on a certain stick I like. Thompson left a bad taste in my mouth once, so no more from them. CI, Holt's, and JR have been good to go in past experiences.

Cigar.com/CI/CBid are all the same company. I usually always check one of these places first when looking for something because they have NEVER done me wrong.
Top Top